Shikoku and Cane Corso mix??? Ad on CL

edited February 2014 in General
Any thoughts on this girl??? Do you think she is a Shikoku mix?
I thought it odd that the title said Shikoku since they are rare so I HAD to look lol And this is what I found. She is a pretty dog no matter what breed she is!

http://bham.craigslist.org/pet/4313965659.html

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Well there was an accidental Shikoku x Cane Corso litter that occurred a little while ago, I think there was even discussion about on the forum. It's a shame that one of the pups is being re-homed.
  • Too bad, she's a good looking dog. I hope she gets a good home.
  • That's a shame, but not unexpected.
  • @Calia, thank you for the links. After reading through this http://www.dogforums.com/dog-pictures-forum/112408-our-little-beast-cane-2.html I found the post that mentions the name 'Darla' as a litter mate to the brindle pup so I guess this IS a Shika/Corso mix after all! The post mentioning Darla is on the second page. I hope she finds a great home....
  • That's sad, hopefully she ends up in a good home!

It'd be interesting to see what the other littermate looks like, I'm kinda curious now.
  • Is the person who bred them willing to take this one back?
  • Does anyone know the person who bred them?
  • Could probably PM them since they have an account on the forum. So long as they didn't change their settings, they should get an email letting them know about the PM. They also have a Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/kaypee45
  • I just saw a video from then and I'm at a loss for words. Maybe ok reading into it wrong but the cane Corsica has territorial issues and that coupled with a shikoku who are always in your face is dangerous. Look at her video " this is a warning " and she posted the video thinking it's comical...
  • @lindsayt, you would assume so as the person respons
    ible for the litter had planned to become a breeder of Shikoku in the future. You would hope that the same breeder ethics would apply to the unplanned Shikoku/Cane Corso litter as to any future purebred litters. Assuming ofcourse that this person is responsible and has good breeder ethics. Fingers crossed this dog finds the right home
  • That just sucks, but kind of saw that one coming.

• edited February 2014
    I have some experience regarding this situation. I owned a boerboel and a kishu and I have to tell you after watching that video I feel for the shikoku. I know the shikoku and kishu's are tuff breeds but a corso or a boerboel is nothing to mess around with. If those dogs go nothing will prevent them from killing or hurting the other animal. My two dogs got along pretty good but I never left them alone together and would never have tolerated the behavior seen on that video. Also I noticed that most of those videos posted were when the corso was young. I would bet the corso as it has matured has become a lot less playful with the shikoku.

IMG_2514_resize