Gods of Mount Olympus (Update: 2/24/2014)

edited February 2014 in Shikoku Ken (四国犬)
Thanks for everyones input. Her name will be ((Drumroll please))... Athena!!!!
Below is a video of her Fierceness and why she deserves to be called athena. If she keeps it up i'll have to change it to Xena- warrior Princess (love that show). lol

@Calia- I don't let them play like this anymore because I'm not sure if it'll break the ol' girls fragile hips lol. Hopefully she pulls a Forrest Gump and runs right through the HD if she gets it.

Edit: Issues with video

Comments

• Hahaha looks great. Trust me, the play will only get more and more intense as Athena gets bigger:).

Jesse
  • LoL, they're cute together!! I don't see anything wrong with playing so long as neither dog gets overwhelmed by the other.
  • @crimson02 - poor shiba huh lol . I was thinking the same thing.

@calia- I was hoping it would be fine but she chases after him at full speed so I didn't want her to over exert herself. I guess I'll keep an eye out
  • Cute video! Tell us more about your Shiba too, please! :)
  • @zandrame- sure I would have but I figured since it was a seperate board then it would be against the rules :?

Well his name Is hades, as a little baby he was always bad as hell and spoiled rotten. I love the little guy and he isn't like your typical shiba, as you Can see, he actually tolerates all dogs. Once he has had enough he will let you know with a warning growl. But that's only when another dogs is trying to dominate him. He is the best shiba I have seen with recall. I let him off leash with me in the mountains and he always comes back on call. He is Extremely fast, and eats wellness grain free. Athena eats blue. Hmm whatelse, he was going to be shown but I decided against it and will have his little nads cut out this saturday.... He is 1+years old will post a pic in a sec
  • Hades Pics:
  • Athena was a great choice to continue your Greek theme! :)
  • Lovely B&T shiba and cute shikoku. :)
  • She's a cutie :) Congrats!
  • Hades is a good name! The only other Hades I have known was my best friend's cat, when we were children. I have known a Hera (dobe) and a Zeus (yellow lab)- but they didnt live together.
  • @wrylybrindle - thanks I like it .

• Athena and Hades She is telling him a secret.

Working on training at the DP.

She still hasnt gotten the concept of Dont move.
  • I like the secret picture. They get along well :)

(what's a "BS" shikoku?)
  • I like the secret picture. They get along well :)

(what's a "BS" shikoku?)
    Thanks they really do. He is very protective of her. BS black sesame.

• Aww I like the secret picture too :) She's such a sweetie, sassy but sweet
  • Really? She looks very red (akagoma) to me... but I am not a connoisseur of the various sesames.
  • Really? She looks very red (akagoma) to me... but I am not a connoisseur of the various sesames.
    Lol ill post a pic of the litter you'll see . You know a akagoma when you see one. She was actually a BT When I first met her lol as far as I can tell. But her mom is a BS and her big scary dad is a BS too. I think she gets her never back down attitude from him.

• Athena At 6 weeks

Photos courtesy of Peggy
  • puppies 2 & 5 are much darker
    I see how 1, 3 & 4 are very red. 4's a bruiser, huh?
  • puppies 2 & 5 are much darker
    I see how 1, 3 & 4 are very red. 4's a bruiser, huh?
    haha, I like #4! He (she?) looks awesome! :)

• lol looks like it. but yep Puppy 2 is Athena. Its funny how much different they all look. They all got very interesting colors. Pup for looks like a old girl to me lol .
  • @Zandrame - All 5 were girls
  • Kiyoshi was dark ar first and then light when I got him, and now he's darkened up again..
    Some of my friends call him the chameleon dog lol

I don't think he was ever as dark as Athen though, that's pretty cool.
  • I love Athena pics. :) Saya took while to master stay means don't move. She does it good now though. Puppies are just busy bodies. hehe
  • Athena will probably be a black sesame. TK was darker than she was as a puppy tho, and he looks kind of like he's a lighter black sesame. She might end up somewhere between sesame and black sesame... but def. a black sesame in her puppy pictures.
  • @crispy - you consider TK a light BS . Wow hmmm since yours came from the same parents your my best Point of reference. Darker than her!!? Do you have any pics of tk at her age?
    Lol ill post a pic of the litter you'll see . You know a akagoma when you see one. She was actually a BT When I first met her lol as far as I can tell. But her mom is a BS and her big scary dad is a BS too. I think she gets her never back down attitude from him.

Yamato has too much red to be considered a black sesame, he's registered as a red sesame while Suki is registered as a sesame. Oddly, with the way shikoku coat color develops, you may be surprised with what Athena's final coat color will become. She may very well turn out a lot lighter than you think.

• @calia - her dad is registered as red ???! Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong shikoku. I swear her dad is as dark as night. Then again it was a blizzard. Lol HA thanks for the correction would explain a lot. But look at TK. Oh well love her either way