*NEW* Yoshi PHOTOS! ♥-♥-♥

Comments

• Yay! You're on the NK side as well! Yoshi is ridiculously handsome, what a great puppy!
  • @Kira_Inu, I am! I found this site and had to join! I absolutely love the japanese breeds more than any other. My next pup will be a Shikoku Ken. :) Wolves were always my most favorite non domesticated animals and Shikokus look like little "wolf dogs." :) Do you know if Shibas and Shikokus do well with one another?
  • They do, many of the Shiba members also have other Japanese breeds as well. You're always more likely to have a better family dynamic if you have different genders. Many Akita rescues, for example, only adopt to families that have dogs of an opposing gender. There is just less of a chance of dominance and aggression issues. Not that it may not come up, but your chances are much less likely. I love Akitas and Kai's, maybe one day I will introduce a male ino our family. But not anytime soon. The dynamic in our household works now, I don't want to mess with it (13-year old male cat, 4-year old female cat, and a 5-month old female Shiba).

Just make sure your house is stable and ready before you add one more into the family!
  • @Kira_Inu, I will be waiting at least 2 years until I bring another pup into the family. I am a firm believer in waiting until the time is right. I don't want to take away any attention from my Shibz at all. These months are very critical as you know. :) Your pup isn't much older than mine! :) And thank you @Zandrame, I will look into it.
  • It sounds like you are doing all the right things, researching like crazy before you get the Shikoku. You'll know when you're ready, then. My bf and I decided upon a Shiba early this year and were simply researching the breeds. I didn't intend upon getting one so soon, but in May the bf said why not get one now since we've already found the breeder we prefer. Within 2 months, a cream female was born in a litter. They are rare, so we had expected it would've been a longer wait. Sometimes, it is meant to be.

I'd recommend to start researching the breed and try to find meet ups so that Yoshi can meet and interact with a few before taking the next step of looking for a reputable breeder.
  • I have TRIED looking for Shiba meet ups in my area and I can honestly say that I am having no luck at all!!! :( Maybe I'm not searching for it correctly??
  • Where do you live? I would go ahead and post in this forum with the state/area that you live in to see if other members might be able to advise you in the right direction. You could also try doing a search for your state to see if there have already been meetups in the past and try to resurrect that thread. I also joined www.meetup.com and found some dog sites that meet regularly in my area. It's not Shiba Inu focused, but I can meet other responsible dog owners to interact with.