K

M

Comments

• What a cutie! I'm glad your customs agent was a good one. Mine was downright bizarre, not a guy I'd want to deal with again.

It's kinda funny, I've never named one of the dogs I've owned. I didn't pick Juneau or Sasha (they were the family dogs, until the family moved away), I didn't pick Conker (ex boyfriend did), and Katana came with his name and I liked it enough to keep it. My first dog Jake I didn't name, and I didn't name Sadie (another family dog) either.
    My dogs all have their own nicknames that I've given them though.
    I'm looking forwards to getting to name one of my dogs for the first time ever. It's going to be epic.
  • edited December 2018
    >
  • I'm so happy everything went smoothly. Oddly enough, none of the pups from this litter seems to get carsick. Their mother on the other hand, gets horribly carsick. I've been driving the pups around from when they were a month old, so many that has something to do with it.
    Of course the carsickness may come later, haha. Knock on wood.
  • He is an adorable puppy! I'm sure a name will naturally come to you in the next few days as you enjoy him!

Jesse
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • Sweet! I have a name suggestion for him: Imo (immovable object). Because he could be both that and an unstoppable force
  • Congrats :)!
  • Gorgeous! I can't wait until I'm ready to add one to my family!
  • Congrats!!!
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • Holy crap, so cute! Makes me miss my Shikoku's early puppy days (but not really). Until he was about six months old I couldn't take him anywhere without being mobbed by people wanting to pet him/know about his breed.
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • My male Kishu, Baron, is like that, but all my female Shikoku are quick poopers thank god. Sucks to be out in a typhoon with a dog that is trying to find the ever elusive, perfect spot.
  • waww he is too cute!
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • OH. MY. WORD. he is SOOOOOO cute!!! :D and LOL about his bed.. :P
  • I think I just died from cuteness overload! Man, you guys are making me have some serious puppy fever over here!
  • @dragonfly humping is pretty normal. He is too young to have much bladder control and might go in your bed. Initially even if you don't crate train him when he's older I would crate him now and he will stop fussing eventually.

Given you have skins gear are you in the DC Maryland VA area? We are having a NK meet up on the 7th, you should come!
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • He is absolutely adorable!
    Have you decided on a name yet?
    What about Tonbo or (蜻蛉) ? It's very masculine sounding and it means dragonfly in Japanese. :)
  • Such cute pup! I love the shikoku breed only met one, but enough to make me fall in love. :)

Saya my shiba she'll pee in front, back, but she prefers to poo in the yard by the woods. Winter time she will only poo on the grassy part in the woods. Which I guess is nice since it prevents me from accidentally stepping on it.
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • My karate instructor's first name is Kiyoshi. He's a badass. I just realized I misspelled my lil' girl Kiyoshi when she should be Kyoshi (from Avatar last airbender..) Oops.
  • edited December 2018
    K
  • edited November 2013
    Kiyoshi/Kyoshi is the daughter of my Kurenai and owned by Peggy Graham of O'Ikon kennels.

I should've spelled her name as Kyoshi (female name) instead of Kiyoshi (male name)

Jesse
  • edited December 2018
  • edited November 2013
    What a beautiful puppy!
    Do not worry, Kiyoshi is a boy's name.
    However, my suggestion is "Ryoma", from Ryoma Sakamoto. You can find out about him in the English Wikipedia under "Sakamoto Ryoma". He is still regarded as one of the heros who contributed to the opening of Japan more than 100 years ago, and there are TV dramas made about him.
  • Oh, I forgot an important thing. Ryoma was born and raised in Shikoku Island.
  • @Kaiken_Taiga I was going to name my Kai Ryoma too, but went with something easier so that my family could pronounce it. But Ryoma is a WAY cool name. :)
  • @Hinata23, glad you approve. ^^)
    I like the name since it has such a masculine tone. In Japanese, the 2 characters for "Ryoma" mean as follows:

龍馬:  龍=Ryo (dragon) 馬=ma (horse)