Gotenyama no Ikkō

edited October 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Shame on me ! I own Ikkō since the 26th December 2013 and I never write a thread for him.
Well, my dream to own a Kai Ken came true thanks for Ogawa-san and Shigeru in December :D

His dad is Hide (aka tora), his mom is Himeko (kuro tora) and Ikkō is chu tora ^^. His grand-pa is Musashi.
What can i say about him ? Well, he is such a very good and sweet intact boy, i can do what i want with him like trim nails, carring him etc and he learns very fast (as all nihon ken can do :) ). He loves when Naoki (my shiba female) wash his face and clean his teeth ^^.
He is not aggressive toward other dogs, he is balanced because he is dominant with dominated dogs and he is dominated with dominant dogs.
Every saturday, we go to the dog class (positive education) since he has 5 months old like that he can play with a big panel of dog breed (German shepard, Dutch shepard, Mastiff, Golden Retriever, Staffordshire etc). It's a mix of agility and obedience but not with a goal to make some competition, just to reinforce our relation and learn about each other.

Here's some picture of him (sorry for the facebook screenshots)

Ikko's father : Hide
photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-05-39.png

Ikko's grand pa : Musashi
photo 5149913599_bdf21b502d.jpg

At Ogawa san's home (photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-01-13.png

The last goodbye
photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-01-05.png

When he's arrived, he jumped on the chair then the table, a real Kai Ken photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-01-49.png

photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-02-06.png

photo Screenshot_2013-10-18-14-02-30.png

photo 20130801_172013.jpg

photo 20130718_184609.jpg

Now he's 1year old
photo 20131014_222119.jpg

Comments

• Hello Ikko! I have enjoyed following his pictures and stories on facebook. Brad's Kumi is a Musashi daughter, so everyone with Kumi pups are cousins of Ikko.
  • Ikkō is very handsome! He looks like part of the Musashi family for sure! :)
  • Ikko! So nice that he's growing up to be a nice well rounded Kai.
  • He is a very nice looking boy. Welcome to the forum.
  • Ikko is gorgeous, and I love the pics! Esp. the one of him on the table. What a classic Kai shot! :)
  • Lovely dogs and cute stuffed dogs!
  • Nice to see you here :). And once again, Ikko is sooooo handsome.
  • very handsome boy!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Ikko is very handsome! Sounds like a fun dog. :)
  • Ikko is so handsome!! he definitely looks related to Kumi! his brindle when he was a puppy actually reminds me of Kumi's daughter Kimber
  • edited October 2013
    Thank you everybody ^^
    His only flaw is that he is fearful in town (too much bikes) but we work on it :)

I just saw some Kumi's pictures and they can't deny that they aren't related ! Same look in the eyes <3
  • Welcome to the forum! Ikko is gorgeous!