UKC/JACA 2014 Japanese Akita Speciality Gardena Ca

edited September 2013 in Akita (秋田犬)
Just popped up today on the UKC website.

CALIFORNIA
JAPANESE AKITA CLUB OF AMERICA
GARDENA (O) CONF ALT JS
Feb 8; Lynn Martin JS (GRP5) JAK Entries 8:30-9:30 am Show 10 am NLC: Novice Puppy
DOS $30; JS $20; NLC $25; PE $25 received by January 18, 2014
Arthur Johnson Park, 1200 W 170th St 90247 (310) 217-9563; Head West on 91 Fwy, continue heading west, 91 Fwy becomes Artesia Blvd. Turn right onto S Normandie Ave. Turn right onto W 170th St. Destination will be on the right.
Event Chairperson: Sean Nollan (310) 594-3606 snollan@verizon.net
Event Secretary: Leanna Fox, 2319 West 241st St, Lomita CA 90717 (310) 530-1870 leannafox@aol.com

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Upcoming.nsf/ByMonth/3B002DFB8D1A1F7985257BE20060728D?OpenDocument

Comments

• So to translate, this is a show hosted by the Japanese Akita Club of America.

The show is located in Gardena, CA and is an outdoor show that offers UKC-licensed conformation classes, altered classes, and junior showmanship.

The show is held on Feb. 8. The judge is Lynn Martin who will judge Junior Showmanship and Japanese Akitas (which is a Group 5/Northern Breed).

The times you either pick up your number if you have pre-entered, or register on the day of the show is 8:30 to 9:30 am. The Show starts at 10 am.

There will be a non-licensed class, called Novice Puppy, for puppies between 3-6 months of age. (No points earned in this category. Good for practicing and showing off your new puppy.)

Registering on the day of the show is $30. Junior Showmanship is $20. Non-licensed class (Novice Puppy) is $25. If you pre-register and your form is received by Jan. 18, 2014, the fee is $25.

• Thanks for the excellent "English translation" @ayk!
  • Claire's mom is the event secretary? She is a super nice, fun mom, so if you go to this dog show make sure you say hi to her :)
  • Yeah; we needed someone kind of last minute and they couldn't exhibit any dogs. That eliminated many JACA members who want to handle their own dogs or intended to enter dogs in the "Bred By" category (such as myself). My mom has helped with the shows in the past, generally with the raffle and such. But I figured she'd jump at the opportunity not to be asked to handle Mosura for me, heh heh.
  • Shows are the biggest PIA to do. It is so hard to find people who want to be involved. I cannot thank Claire and her mom for their help. UKC only restricts the Show Chairmen and Show Secretary from handling. I wont even be able to take photos in the ring this year. Another position that I need to fill.
  • I'm going to ask about Event Managers and how much their fee is. I know that the UKC wants the club to learn how to run a show and the best way is through hands-on experience, but there's a bunch of clubs in soCal that utilize Event Managers.

• We're going to ask another club if the have anyone that wants to come out and help. UKC says a lot of things but it's kinda iffy when it comes time to deliver. We were supposed to have an advocate since it's our "first" show but then they wanted us to merge our show with another group. To that I say no thanks. So we'll make do with what we have. It's a PIA to run but it isn't rocket science.
  • @*JackBurton* I emailed the secretary of the AKKAOA show we went to... no response so far. I'll try the pitbull club next.