Yamabushi no Kimber -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16
  • mdokicmdokic
    We picked up Kimber not too long ago, and it already feels like we've had her forever. She is from the recent KumixAkashi litter. At just over 8 weeks old, she already has quite the character. She LOVES her "sister" Kona, and Kona has grown to love her too. It took a couple days for Kona to warm up to her (let her cuddle with her, etc...) as well as learning to play gentle, but she got the hang of it and they are already a great team :) I'm really excited to see them grow together and learn together.

It's been neat seeing the personality differences so quick already between them too...Kimber is MUCH more brave and fearless than Kona was (and is)...she is super feisty, while Kona was always much more mellow and cautious about things...they're a good complement to each other...and they LOVE playing together! :D And apparently Kimber likes watching TV too haha

Here are some pictures documenting her journey home, and her settling in:

At Fairplay:

On the way home:

And, finally home (lots of sleepy pictures haha)!:

And, this is her favorite hiding spot...under the coffee table...Kona's used to be under the ottoman, which Kimber likes too, but not as much as this :P

Sorry for so many pictures!! Can't wait to see what she'll be like when she gets older...AND can't wait for her to play with other puppies in puppy class soon!!
    Michelle, with Kai girls Kona and Kimber
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2016-02-08 13:17:31
  • SayaSaya
    So cute! I love the pictures Kimber and Kona seem like good buddies hope see more soon. :)
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 7year old Bella(Boxer), and 7year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • rafatturirafatturi
    @mdokic Sorry for so many pictures? I think you mean sorry for only this many pictures ;) Kimber is an awesome pup and they make quite the girl power pair!
    photo 10428883_10202259399228531_564340254_n_zps82bfd9ba.jpg
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    Love her!!!
  • Myabee09Myabee09
    Omg!!! Kona has a mini me!!! I love it! I hope they team up like Mya and Shelby... It's too cute. :)
    Lauren
  • BearMomBearMom
    She's a little chocolate cupcake, so cute!
  • tmdtmd
    Very cute, and I agree: it's impossible to post too many pictures. The only thing that would make it better is some video of them playing together!!
    - Hanzo (Kai Ken), Pharaoh (JA/AA tweenie), Meg (Border Collie/Lab mix)
  • mdokicmdokic
    LOL @rafatturi!! xP And I hope so @Myabee09 :) !

@tmd...here's a video from just now haha, and a couple pics of them too in the middle of it taking a break :P

And for shits and giggles, here's a video I took of her watching TV...she's so funny, and vocal. lol :)

DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2013-08-27 22:34:53
  • Kuma123Kuma123
    So adorable! Congratulations! Kimber is too cute :D
    My goal is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am!
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Kimber is so cute! And you never need to apologize for spamming pictures of your pups. ;) We all love it.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
    --Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    --Brandon Sanderson, the First Ideal from The Stormlight Archive.
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    I love the picture of her under the... thing? lol Anyway, It's WAY CUTE!
    Post edited by Hinata23 at 2013-08-27 23:00:49
  • kgimakgima
    Oh my, sooo adorable ! Love the wrestling & watching Kimber launch herself off the platform under your table. Congrats on your new addition !
  • tmdtmd
    Love it! I especially love how Kona lured her back out from the coffee table with the squeaky toy. I also think it's great that Kimber wants those bad men on the wall to stop running around like that! :)) You've got some crazy cute girls there. Congratulations!
  • tmdtmd
    Oh and since Kona is mini-kai sized, do you have/remember how much she weighed at this age for comparison?
  • mdokicmdokic
    @Hinata23 that's our coffee table haha xP I think it's cute her and Kona both loved hiding under things :)

@kgima they wrestle NON stop haha, I have to stop them because Kimber gets so hot and forgets how thirsty she is!

@tmd, Kona gets so upset when Kimber hides and she can't get to her...before she would just try to paw her out, now she's getting more clever ;) Also, when I took Kimber to the vet Wedneaday she weighed 7.5 pounds, which I think was just over a pound more than Kona was at that age, so I think she may be a tiny bit bigger :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • ttddinhttddinh
    congrats!!! Kimber is a cutie!! Her antics are hilarious!!
  • sunyatasunyata
    Adorable! :-D
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • toshitoshi
    I like her name what a cutie pie
  • jennjenn
    Oh my gosh! So cute! :)
  • Are you sure that Kimber isn't part cat??? Her pounces had me laughing- so catlike.

What a great looking pair you have. Every time I see lovely Kais I am so tempted to get one...but I think Indie, the slightly crabby older Shiba curmudgeon, might not like that.
  • mdokicmdokic
    @sukoshi_mom I'm pretty sure she is part cat haha xP But then again, Kona was the same way when she was really little..so much so, in fact, that when I would walk her to go potty, I got stopped all the time by people thinking she was a cat. Then she would turn around to face them and they realize it's a dog. They thought just the way she WALKED was so catlike...but the way she played too was a lot like Kimber is doing right now :)

And thank you! Awwee...you know, with how patient Kais are, I think if you *really* wanted one, it would end up working out ok. But then I'm thinking, if you had a Kona as a puppy being introduced to your Shiba, it would work perfect. Kona was SO quiet and kept to herself...now Kimber on the other hand...she does NOT take cues very well yet haha...that would be more difficult. :P
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • Yay for bringing the new girl home! She is gorgeous! So cute!

And I think a Kai can work with a curmudgeonly Shiba, or at least it is working in our house. It would NOT have worked as a puppy at all....my older Shiba, Toby, hates puppies, so he did not get to meet Leo as a pup. But now that Leo is a year old and more mellow, they hang out in their fashion, which means they are out in the yard together, and they pretend they don't see each other, but they both are actually following one another around. So Toby, the old cranky Shiba finally has a friend!
    Lisa, Toby (Shiba), Oskar and Zora (American Akita), and Leo (Kai Ken)
  • tmdtmd
    I'm hoping for some more Kimber pics!! How is she doing? Can she still hide under the coffee table?
  • So adorable! @mdokic I was looking through Kona & Kimber's photos and fell in love! My nosy sister was watching me and later on I caught her googling Kai Ken! Your gorgeous Kai might have just given me the spark I needed to convince her to get one of the NK dogs as well. :-bd
  • mdokicmdokic
    Awwwwe @Jazzie_L, that's so sweet of you to say!! I'm glad your sister likes them though!! :D And @tmd, she can still *barely* fit under it...and I don't think she can really fit under the ottoman anymore though...she kinda gets stuck half-way :P But here are some pics...she's been doing really well, getting along better than ever with big "sis" and picking up on things quickly. I'm very proud of her :)

To start, here's a video of her on a typical day now with Kona haha. She likes to Zoom around quick and doesn't care what she runs into :P

here's her when she could still kinda fit under the ottoman, which she now loves to sleep on top of, and one under the coffee table:
    here's her with Kona on top of it haha

And a few more randoms from a little bit ago..

one of her while we were waiting for my keys at the car wash :P

and here are some currents of her (and sis :) ):

Sorry for so many, and for so many of her SLEEPING lol!! But that's the only time she stays still haha (and she sleeps a lot after going nuts for a while :P). Love the little ball of crazy! SO much.
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tmdtmd
    Awww, she's soooooo cute!!! Thanks for the infusion of adorable! Kimber's starting to get those gangly legs. They look nearly the same size in that curled on the chair picture. She's going to be quite a bit bigger than sis, isn't she?
  • mdokicmdokic
    Yeah I think that photo is a bit of an illusion though...Kona was curled up in a much tighter ball than Kimber, and maybe the angle had some play? But I still have a feeling she'll be a little bigger than Kona, we'll see by how much though! :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    That's too funny that you say she runs into things when she plays cause yucca is the same way. She's a little furry wrecking ball. If her kennel door is open while she is doing laps of the room, she barrels thru it like its nothing. Pretty much anything in her way gets either jumped over (she's done some pretty impressive jumps) or ran through
  • mdokicmdokic
    LOL @NavyDog!! "Little furry wrecking ball" couldn't be more perfect of a way to describe them lol! Such little toughies we have ;) And athletic!
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    @mdokic no kidding!! I really think Yucca would love agility & Kimber too. This litter is so interesting. It doesn't take much to send Yucca into the zoomies. Yesterday my husband belched & she zoomed around a few times then pounced on him
  • mdokicmdokic
    OMG hahahaha!!! I can just picture it now! :D i love our little crazies :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tmdtmd
    Has kimber had any time in the water yet? One of my favorites is the video of Kona at the beach, I can just imagine the two of them zooming through the shallow water.
  • mdokicmdokic
    @tmd she hasn't yet, but I intend to when she's done with her shots one day! ^_^ we're taking her to the pool nearby and having her wade around in shallow water though, there's a casting for the guy who did "Underwater Dogs" for his new book "underwater puppies" and the lady who teaches Kona for agility wanted us to take her to this casting, so we'll see if she likes water, and if she does we'll see if they like her! :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tmdtmd
    How could they not like her? That would be neat publicity for Kai Ken, but not movie ridiculous.
  • mdokicmdokic
    Haha, well I was thinking maybe they're looking for certain types of dogs, but we'll see! And we'll see how she even takes to water first...i don't wanna just dump her in lol! :P She's so brave and fearless I feel like she may take to it :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    We took yucca to the beach on base since its private & we can let the dogs off leash. She wasnt too fond of it. She liked the sand & the water but didn't like that the water moves. Cayenne goes nuts chasing waves but Yuc not so much so we just dug in the sand while Cayenne & "daddy" played in the ocean. We might try again when she is a bit older
  • mdokicmdokic
    Awweee that's cool! I wonder if i can take my dogs around here on base..last time i was on Coronado's I think I saw dogs on the beach..
    Maybe try again when she's older...Kona seemed a bit more apprehensive of the whole thing when she was younger too, and now she seems to love it! :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • They are both so lovely when they sleep together :x there is a real affinity between them <3<div class="UserSignature">Signature
  • rafatturirafatturi
    Still melts my heart looking at the sleeping together with heads touching ♥
  • I love those of the heads touching too, but also the double Kai balls, the girls curled up near each other! Kai are so sweet the way they want to lay near each other, or even touching....none of my other dogs will let Leo do it either, so I think he misses it since our girl Shiba passed (she was happy to have him sometimes even sleeping ON her...)
    Lisa, Toby (Shiba), Oskar and Zora (American Akita), and Leo (Kai Ken)
  • mdokicmdokic
    Haha! I just love when they sleep together, because for some reason it always calms me down and i relax a little more...seeing them peaceful and cuddly together :) OH LEO!! I wish he could come over and get some cuddle therapy! My girls would be happy to help! <333 <div class="UserSignature">Michelle, with Kai girls Kona and Kimber
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tarokuntarokun
    come at me bro!
  • tarokuntarokun
    What breed is the brown dog on the other side of the fence?
    come at me bro!
  • mdokicmdokic
    @tarokun, the white and brown one is Brad and Jen's West Siberian Laika, and the other brindle/brown one (which may be the one you're referring to) is one of their Kai :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tarokuntarokun
    The Laika looks so much like my Chelsea!
    come at me bro!
  • mdokicmdokic
    So I got an old DSLR off a co-worker of mine and decided to try and capture some decent photos of Kona and Kimber both. So here are a few more recent non-phone camera pictures of Kimber. There are a few shots from her first time at the dog park as well, she played so hard she was limp and passed out the entire rest of the day :) Kimber is such a ball of energy, it's insane haha. Forgive me I still have a lot to learn about shooting pics and editing!

And here are the ones from the dog park...
    imageimage
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2013-11-18 17:49:29
  • thegelathegela
    Beautiful girls!!!!!! gahh!! you know how hard i crush on these two!! :x :x It's pretty interesting to see how different they look!
    Hana - 2yr (10-22-11)/ F / Kai Ken / shy, sweet, cuddly, silly, loves the woods
    Yezo - 6mo (07-11-13) / M / Hokkaido / foodie, monster, lovebug, loves winter
    -------------------
    instagram - gelabot
    hana yezo's tumblr - http://hanayezo.tumblr.com
    my tumblr - http://angelaan.tumblr.com
  • jennjenn
    So cute! The first one is my favorite, what a great expression :)
  • mdokicmdokic
    LOL @thegela! I can't wait to see how Kimber will look all matured! Her face is so different than Kona's, and she still has more to grow (already looks kinda leggy and tall, but I think she's got more). And @jenn the first is one of my favorites too! :D
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • @mdokic, I cannot get enough of these puppy pictures!!! I want to kiss her adorable, precious ears and smother her face with SO many kisses!!! While I'm at work, I look through this forum to pass time and I see all these adorable pictures and it makes me miss my pup sooo much!!! :) She is amazingly CUTE!

-♥♥♥-
    photo 6b74d441-46df-4852-af9a-1f765aea9bb0.jpg
    Post edited by iLoveMyShibz at 2013-12-06 17:46:59
  • mdokicmdokic
    Awe thanks @iLoveMyShibz!! I do the same thing hehehe...what's better than a bunch of cute NK pups right? :) Yoshi is ADORABLE btw!! <3<div class="UserSignature">Michelle, with Kai girls Kona and Kimber
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • :) :) :)

-♥♥♥-
    photo 6b74d441-46df-4852-af9a-1f765aea9bb0.jpg
  • Aww Kimber is SOOO adorable. I love looking at all her pics and seeing how she's grown :)
    photo Kiyoshi-SteveNakatani-2014-1165gnew_zps67b88604.jpg
  • God they are so cute!
  • mdokicmdokic
    Waaaah thank you guys!! @Dragonfly, I love your little Shikoku!!! :D
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • mdokicmdokic
    As I said in Kona's thread, we just came back fairly recently from a 2 week long trip over the break, through home and through Colorado. Kimber had TONS of fun the entire time (secretly not sure if she didn't want to leave Colorado haha). As she gets older she keeps developing into this awesome dog with an amazing personality, and she really is Kona's best bud. :)

Here's a few pics from her in CO and her at home.

Having fun in the snow..

Cuddling with Chase and NamNam

How she chose to sleep part of the way home haha

And some from home
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    She's so cute!
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

• wliu003wliu003
    Kimber's face always makes me smile. She looks more grown up in some of the pictures too :)
    Kelly (5 year old Shiba Inu) and Benkei (4 month old Kai Ken)
  • She's so tall now! What a beautiful kaigirl! I love that she's such a sweetie, too. <3 Kimber and Kona!
  • mdokicmdokic
    Thanks!! And @wliu003, everyday she makes me smile. EVEN after she does something bad she finds a way to make some face that makes you laugh haha. She's a little goober, but definitely looking (and KIND of acting) more grown up now :) She is such an easy-going lovebug @WrylyBrindle...her and Kona have such opposite personalities, but they're so complimentary to each other at the same time.. and the fact that they have the same play styles is the best part of the whole thing. My girls :x
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • ttddinhttddinh
    such a cute girl. @wrylybrindle--you know if some of the pics i.e. fourth to last, she reminds me of Matsu at that age!
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    I.WANT.A.TINY.KAI.GIRLY!!!! So freakin cute!
  • mdokicmdokic
    @Hinata23 I.WANT.A.MACHO.KAI.GUY!!! We just complete each other...you've got studly mister gorodito, and ive got my peanuts. xP

Given how small they are, they fit into a tiny space nicely lol ;)
    I love them..so much. Like I said, I couldn't have planned this...we *planned* on getting a boy, but the priority was a buddy for Kona, and Kimber just grew into the perfect compliment to Kona. Literally couldn't have done it if I tried...they were meant to be together I think :)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    lol Goro has a thing for small ladies... too bad they're both his siblings! I'm so glad they are so perfect with each other! I love when that happens! Kai rock!
  • SayaSaya
    Kimber looks so beautiful grown up.
    Photobucket
  • mdokicmdokic
    Kai DO rock @Hinata23! And thank you @Saya, she's becoming a lady ;)
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • mdokicmdokic
    Kimber is doing VERY very well...I'm surprised with what a calm and chill dog she became, as much of a little hellion she was as a puppy. :P

I haven't gotten to do any agility with her yet, but I plan to do something with her and Kona soon...I think she would really like it, but really, Kimber is happy to just BE. She loves being with you, no matter what the activity, but really does love to learn...she'll cause more trouble, but is much more "obedient" than Kona (thank goodness).

I like to refer to her as the "C's get degrees" personality, and Kona as the "straight A, everything must be perfect" student. ;)

Kimber is just a touch over 17" tall, and weighs in the low 20's. :)

Here are some pics of her:

DSC_5992_NEW

DSC_6009_NEW

DSC_6010_NEW

DSC_6039_NEW

DSC_6061_NEW

DSC_6062

DSC_6069_NEW

DSC_6085_NEW
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • WrylyBrindleWrylyBrindle
    I love these kaigirls! They are so leggy and fast- Kimber has gotten so tall!
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    I know I say this a ton but, I love how small they are! DOn't get me wrong, I love my burly man, but I just can't get over how petite they are!
  • tmdtmd
    I love that last one. The face she is making cracks me up! I could definitely see that as a desktop wallpaper or mousepad. :))
  • mdokicmdokic
    I love you @Hinata23 haha! And III want to cuddle a Gorozilla! :D

LOL @tmd, I have to post the best one for you since you think THAT face is funny... ;)

10313365_10152392184096826_6590946497179196868_n
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • tmdtmd
    Ok, LOL that is AWESOME!! :P
  • Love these photos! Her coloring is GORGEOUS.

Keanu- Shepherd/Golden Mix & Mika- Kai Ken
    Living in Vancouver, WA.
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Kimber is one cute Kai lady, even with her tongue contorted into a roll shape. Actually, I find that very impressive. ;)
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• NavyDogNavyDog
    She is such a goof! I love that she always has a silly look on her face. Yucca did the same thing with being a crazy pup but then mellowing out.
    Btw that student thing is a great description of their personalities!
  • mdokicmdokic
    @TheSquatchQueen, thank you!!! I love her coloring too, softer than Kona's (Kona's is a little darker, but MUCH more contrast, kimber's is a bit softer and a little lighter, her butt and back of her tail looks like she sat on white chalk! :P)

@WhoBitMe, I was impressed when I rolled back and saw that one too lol!

@NavyDog, I do love that about the litter...little hellions that became chill little sidekicks :) And her trainer actually came up with that one! I brought Kona in once and he watched them interact and said "man, Kona NEVER relaxes...even when she's playing or about to take a treat and is EXCITED. her ears are never off to the side, always perked straight up, her eyes are HUGE and mouth never fully relaxed" that's when he said she's the "Straight A student who HAS to do everything fast and better!" and I said "Oh, well that means Kimber's motto is C's get degrees!" :P
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • ValkyriiValkyrii
    @NavyDog right on with her descriptions. I thought those were great too.

I love following Kimber and Kona. Following them thru these forums was instrumental in our decision to get a Kai (and another at some point)
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    I also love the batman and the joker comparison too!
    Never really thought about her ear set. In every picture her ears are always up or back. Never relaxed. Yucca's are almost always out to the side. We call them "Yoda ears"
  • mdokicmdokic
    @Valkyrii I'm so happy you ended up with a Kai! And Kai do so well with other Kai, so it won't be a bad decision if you ever decide to get another :)

@NavyDog My batman and joker ;)

And same with Kimber!! I call them Yoda ears too lol!!

The only time...I repeat ONLY time you'll see Kona with Yoda ears is at home resting on the couch, or when she's sleeping. No relaxed Yoda ears otherwise...
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2014-05-23 12:49:57
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    I'm sure Gorozilla would love to cuddle with you ;) He's a ladies' man!
  • Myabee09Myabee09
    Kimber is gorgeous! How did you wind up with such petite ladies? Shelby is a monster compared to those two, but at least she acts like a dainty lady, Lol.
    Sounds like you got two opposites in personality and they balance each other well. :) You're going to have to teach me the ways of taking great pictures, because all of yours are gorgeous!
    Lauren
  • mdokicmdokic
    Thank you!! And LOL, I have no clue...both were last of their litters, so I attribute some of it to that, but whenever I visit CO and see all the other lady Kais, they're about the same size (all are a few pounds bigger though), and I think Kimber will fill out a little more, so Kimber will def have some size and weight on Kona :)

They really are opposites in personality!! But it's good for each other...Kimber helps Kona feel more comfortable in situations (like around new children) than she would otherwise feel, and they do nothing but play and run together, so it works!

As for the camera, I still have lots to learn, the toughest part so far is the lighting...I find that difficult :/
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • Myabee09Myabee09
    Yep, I think it's confirmed... Shelby is the female Kaizilla. When I get back home I'll measure her. Her weight dropped after we moved into our house because she always runs either outside our up and down the stairs. She is really skinny at 33lbs, and she was a bit thin at 36lbs, so I'll see if I can get her to eat a food that is higher in fat and put some weight back on her. I would love to see Shelby, Kimber, and Kona side by side one day!

Do Kona and Kimber think together and plot? I've watched Shelby and Mya do that and it's so funny. They gang up on my husband..one distracts while the other causes some sort of mayhem.

I don't have a lot of trouble with lighting, but Shelby tries to either run away our knock the camera out of my hands. I use the flash inside, but cup my hand around it a little so it doesn't bounce off Shelby's coat and give it that weird shiny look. I just have trouble getting pictures of my dogs sitting down or just standing that aren't grainy or blurry because I have to catch them in a quick off moment of stillness.
    Lauren
  • mdokicmdokic
    @Myabee09 she likes to zoomie!! ^_^ and I would LOVE to see them all side-by-side too one day! I have to post the pic of Kona next to Misaki (puppy #1 from our litter), sisters got to reunite!

And as for the plotting, Kona and Kimber definitely tag-team mischief, ESP outdoors where there is something to be dug up...Kona will quickly dig, while Kimber waits for a root to be exposed then TUGS aNd they both take off. Lol. Little schemers!

Here is Kona and Misaki...the one with three of them has Kona in the middle, Kimber to the left and Misaki to the right :)

DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2014-05-25 14:25:54
  • mdokicmdokic
    Kimber got to try some lure coursing as well, and she loved it!! I only bought her one run because i though she would get too distracted and wouldn't finish them, but looks like i was wrong! So...I had to buy her another one there...couldn't let kona run another and not let kimber :/

She wasn't quite as fast or agile as kona, but she enjoyed it every bit as much...my favorite part about the video (her second run) is her at the end...she says "NO! i don't WANT to stop, I wanna catch the bags!!" then as she goes around, she can't figure out where they seemed to disappear! At this point, Nate tried to go grab her, and the operator yelled "STAY!" to HIM! She smiled and played around with the lure to reel her back on in...Such a silly girl. :)

Here's some of Kimby before the runs:

DSC_6955

DSC_6984

DSC_6976

Here's some from her first run:

k11

k12

k13

k14

k15

k16

k17

k18

k19

k20

This was after her first run :)

DSC_7095

DSC_7096

DSC_7104

Here's the video of Kimber's second run:

I think they had fun, and we'll be back for more!
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • sjp051993sjp051993
    I think Tora and Kazue would both enjoy something like this.
    Stacey living with Tora, Kazue, Ritsu and Kuma the Shiba
    www.suteishiikennels.com

DSCF0686IMG_0940 - Version 2DSCF0714IMG_1151

10443860_10202258803333634_2133731540_n
  • mdokicmdokic
    Definitely!! If they like running, they'll LOVE it!!! :D
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • zandramezandrame
    I'm glad Kimber enjoyed it! Watching her was lots of fun, haha!
    And I love her personality! :D

Extra pics

• SayaSaya
    Kimber is so beautiful! :) Love the lure coursing pics.
    Photobucket
  • BootzBootz
    Ahhh cute Kais.

@zandrame didn't run Kouda?! *EDIT** just saw the update on your thread :)
    Post edited by Bootz at 2014-07-28 13:18:17
  • mdokicmdokic
    @zandrame , WOW!!! I LOVE the ones you got of her!! The 4th and 5th ones down are my favorite...I think you've taken the first photos that actually depict what she looks like in real life. Thank you SO much!!

And the action shots are GREAT!! So hard to get any definition since they're so dark, but these are awesome! :D
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Kimber has such a squishable face! :) It's great to hear about her and Kona's adventures in lure coursing. I'm glad everyone had a good time.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• NavyDogNavyDog
    In the running pictures Kimber looks just like her sister :P. She looks like she had so much fun
    Post edited by NavyDog at 2014-07-31 23:57:07
  • mdokicmdokic
    @WhoBitMe, she is squishable all over (at least compared to Kona haha), but ESP her face!! xP i was pointing that out to @zandrame too, but her squishiness makes her a GREAT cuddle buddy, and she does love to cuddle :)

@NavyDog , I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at these, they have SO many similar features and gestures too hehe, they would have a BALL together!!...it would be so cool to get them together *sigh*...why you all the way on the other side of the country, lol?! :P
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    @mdokic I'm a little jealous that Kimber is so cuddle-able. Meitou will let me cuddle with him, sort of...but if I'm not careful it brings out the humping monster lurking just below Meitou's adorable surface, lol.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• mdokicmdokic
    @WhoBitMe, LOL!!! xP
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    @mdokic Exactly. He gets overexcited easily and humping is one of his default behaviors then. That are being overly mouthy. But the humping is the part everyone finds most traumatizing. LOL
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• NavyDogNavyDog
    @mdokic tell me about it! I need to move to Cali lol.
    @WhoBitMe Yucca doesn't cuddle either. The closest she gets to cuddling is laying on my feet at night =_=. Good thing my other dog is a cuddle bug
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    @NavyDog Meitou doesn't mind, sometimes. But he prefers to lay on my feet or right up against me without actually cuddling. My other dog is actually even less of a cuddler than Meitou. A month or two ago she came into my room one morning and insisted on cuddling for a long time and it freaked me out because she is normally so averse to it.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• NavyDogNavyDog
    @WhoBitMe haha! I would be freaked our too if Yuc did that. I'd think something was wrong.
  • mdokicmdokic
    @NavyDog YES. YES YOU DO!!!
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion