Yamabushi no Kimber -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

edited February 2016 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
We picked up Kimber not too long ago, and it already feels like we've had her forever. She is from the recent KumixAkashi litter. At just over 8 weeks old, she already has quite the character. She LOVES her "sister" Kona, and Kona has grown to love her too. It took a couple days for Kona to warm up to her (let her cuddle with her, etc...) as well as learning to play gentle, but she got the hang of it and they are already a great team :) I'm really excited to see them grow together and learn together.

It's been neat seeing the personality differences so quick already between them too...Kimber is MUCH more brave and fearless than Kona was (and is)...she is super feisty, while Kona was always much more mellow and cautious about things...they're a good complement to each other...and they LOVE playing together! :D And apparently Kimber likes watching TV too haha

Here are some pictures documenting her journey home, and her settling in:

At Fairplay:

On the way home:

And, finally home (lots of sleepy pictures haha)!:

And, this is her favorite hiding spot...under the coffee table...Kona's used to be under the ottoman, which Kimber likes too, but not as much as this :P

Sorry for so many pictures!! Can't wait to see what she'll be like when she gets older...AND can't wait for her to play with other puppies in puppy class soon!!

Comments

• So cute! I love the pictures Kimber and Kona seem like good buddies hope see more soon. :)
  • @mdokic Sorry for so many pictures? I think you mean sorry for only this many pictures ;) Kimber is an awesome pup and they make quite the girl power pair!
  • Love her!!!
  • Omg!!! Kona has a mini me!!! I love it! I hope they team up like Mya and Shelby... It's too cute. :)
  • She's a little chocolate cupcake, so cute!
  • Very cute, and I agree: it's impossible to post too many pictures. The only thing that would make it better is some video of them playing together!!
  • edited August 2013
    LOL @rafatturi!! xP And I hope so @Myabee09 :) !

@tmd...here's a video from just now haha, and a couple pics of them too in the middle of it taking a break :P

And for shits and giggles, here's a video I took of her watching TV...she's so funny, and vocal. lol :)

• So adorable! Congratulations! Kimber is too cute :D
  • Kimber is so cute! And you never need to apologize for spamming pictures of your pups. ;) We all love it.
  • edited August 2013
    I love the picture of her under the... thing? lol Anyway, It's WAY CUTE!
  • Oh my, sooo adorable ! Love the wrestling & watching Kimber launch herself off the platform under your table. Congrats on your new addition !
  • Love it! I especially love how Kona lured her back out from the coffee table with the squeaky toy. I also think it's great that Kimber wants those bad men on the wall to stop running around like that! :)) You've got some crazy cute girls there. Congratulations!
  • Oh and since Kona is mini-kai sized, do you have/remember how much she weighed at this age for comparison?
  • @Hinata23 that's our coffee table haha xP I think it's cute her and Kona both loved hiding under things :)

@kgima they wrestle NON stop haha, I have to stop them because Kimber gets so hot and forgets how thirsty she is!

@tmd, Kona gets so upset when Kimber hides and she can't get to her...before she would just try to paw her out, now she's getting more clever ;) Also, when I took Kimber to the vet Wedneaday she weighed 7.5 pounds, which I think was just over a pound more than Kona was at that age, so I think she may be a tiny bit bigger :)
  • congrats!!! Kimber is a cutie!! Her antics are hilarious!!
  • Adorable! :-D
  • I like her name what a cutie pie
  • Oh my gosh! So cute! :)
  • Are you sure that Kimber isn't part cat??? Her pounces had me laughing- so catlike.

What a great looking pair you have. Every time I see lovely Kais I am so tempted to get one...but I think Indie, the slightly crabby older Shiba curmudgeon, might not like that.
  • @sukoshi_mom I'm pretty sure she is part cat haha xP But then again, Kona was the same way when she was really little..so much so, in fact, that when I would walk her to go potty, I got stopped all the time by people thinking she was a cat. Then she would turn around to face them and they realize it's a dog. They thought just the way she WALKED was so catlike...but the way she played too was a lot like Kimber is doing right now :)

And thank you! Awwee...you know, with how patient Kais are, I think if you *really* wanted one, it would end up working out ok. But then I'm thinking, if you had a Kona as a puppy being introduced to your Shiba, it would work perfect. Kona was SO quiet and kept to herself...now Kimber on the other hand...she does NOT take cues very well yet haha...that would be more difficult. :P
  • Yay for bringing the new girl home! She is gorgeous! So cute!

And I think a Kai can work with a curmudgeonly Shiba, or at least it is working in our house. It would NOT have worked as a puppy at all....my older Shiba, Toby, hates puppies, so he did not get to meet Leo as a pup. But now that Leo is a year old and more mellow, they hang out in their fashion, which means they are out in the yard together, and they pretend they don't see each other, but they both are actually following one another around. So Toby, the old cranky Shiba finally has a friend!
  • I'm hoping for some more Kimber pics!! How is she doing? Can she still hide under the coffee table?
  • So adorable! @mdokic I was looking through Kona & Kimber's photos and fell in love! My nosy sister was watching me and later on I caught her googling Kai Ken! Your gorgeous Kai might have just given me the spark I needed to convince her to get one of the NK dogs as well. :-bd
  • Awwwwe @Jazzie_L, that's so sweet of you to say!! I'm glad your sister likes them though!! :D And @tmd, she can still *barely* fit under it...and I don't think she can really fit under the ottoman anymore though...she kinda gets stuck half-way :P But here are some pics...she's been doing really well, getting along better than ever with big "sis" and picking up on things quickly. I'm very proud of her :)

To start, here's a video of her on a typical day now with Kona haha. She likes to Zoom around quick and doesn't care what she runs into :P

here's her when she could still kinda fit under the ottoman, which she now loves to sleep on top of, and one under the coffee table:
    here's her with Kona on top of it haha

And a few more randoms from a little bit ago..

one of her while we were waiting for my keys at the car wash :P

and here are some currents of her (and sis :) ):

Sorry for so many, and for so many of her SLEEPING lol!! But that's the only time she stays still haha (and she sleeps a lot after going nuts for a while :P). Love the little ball of crazy! SO much.
  • Awww, she's soooooo cute!!! Thanks for the infusion of adorable! Kimber's starting to get those gangly legs. They look nearly the same size in that curled on the chair picture. She's going to be quite a bit bigger than sis, isn't she?
  • Yeah I think that photo is a bit of an illusion though...Kona was curled up in a much tighter ball than Kimber, and maybe the angle had some play? But I still have a feeling she'll be a little bigger than Kona, we'll see by how much though! :)
  • That's too funny that you say she runs into things when she plays cause yucca is the same way. She's a little furry wrecking ball. If her kennel door is open while she is doing laps of the room, she barrels thru it like its nothing. Pretty much anything in her way gets either jumped over (she's done some pretty impressive jumps) or ran through
  • LOL @NavyDog!! "Little furry wrecking ball" couldn't be more perfect of a way to describe them lol! Such little toughies we have ;) And athletic!
  • @mdokic no kidding!! I really think Yucca would love agility & Kimber too. This litter is so interesting. It doesn't take much to send Yucca into the zoomies. Yesterday my husband belched & she zoomed around a few times then pounced on him
  • OMG hahahaha!!! I can just picture it now! :D i love our little crazies :)