Yume at 7-months

Comments

• Gahh! So cute!!!! I just want to play with those cute ears. :)
  • She's gorgeous! Looks like a happy dog :)
  • Wow, she is so pretty!
  • Very pretty girl!!!
  • AH! She's gorgeous!
  • She looks like she could give lessons on enjoying naps on the couch. Such a cutie.
  • edited August 2013
    She is so beautiful! I love her red ears. I am very jealous of your scenery.
  • Yay! Yume! She's so beautiful. Is she still a major biter?
  • She looks like so much to my Katsura... :)

(Katsu at 9 months old, she is 2,5 years now)
  • She is gorgeous! Oh, I have Hokkaido envy... *sigh* One day... One day...
  • Yume looks great! I love the first and third picture such lovely environment.
  • Yes, I can't complain about the scenery near here, it's the reason we made the move.
    @whobiteme Yes, Yume is still very mouthy and still likes to bite. She doesn't bite aggressively it is more that she just likes to put her mouth around your wrist or whenever she is excited. She also nips at your legs when walking down the stairs.
    Other than that she is pretty good but has incredible prey drive. She can smell a deer from a long ways off and she is even worse with Bighorn Sheep. She has gone after a few deer but we keep her on a leash out where there are Bighorn sheep and bears. She did see her first bear a few weeks back and was a little more cautious at first but still wanted to go after it (good reason to keep her on a leash!). I am sure she would be an incredible hunter but I don't think we can hunt anything other than boar (on private property) and maybe cougars with dogs around here.I am taking my firearms safety course tomorrow so I can get a buy a rifle, but not sure if I will do any hunting.
  • She's gorgeous! And so is the scenery... she looks very much in her element. That does sound like some pretty intense prey drive, though.
  • @jeffnkazuko Meitou is a little mouthy, but he's worst when if for some reason I have to restrain him by holding onto his collar. He mouths all up and down my arm (not super hard). I'm still working with him on that and not be so sensitive about someone holding onto his collar. ;) He hasn't seen any deer so I don't know what his prey drive is like on them, but he spots cats and once a random loose chicken and seems very hunty toward them. If you do end up doing some hunting with Yume I'd like to hear about it.
  • oohhh!!! She is soo pretty!
  • She's such a pretty Hokka girl :) Really liking her eyelashes and red ears. She sure knows how to relax haha.

@Sarako Katsu is beautiful is as well! She looks very thick chested and healthy.
  • I wonder if Hokkaido's are just mouthy in general? Our little guy is super mouthy, it's been hard to break him of the habit. He seems to get confused as to whether he should lick the hand or bite it
  • They often use their mouth like a hand.
  • Oh my goodness she's gorgeousssss!! And of course your Alberta background is stunning as well.. they go hand in hand!! She's super lucky to live there with you!! :D