Yamabushi no Mishima needs a new home! Please help!

Hi all,

Due to health issues in his family, Yamabushi no Mishima, from the Haru x Nio litter, needs to find a new home. He's located on Oregon. He's neutered and a little over a year old, he's been raised as a family dog - sleeps on the bed, plays with the kids, etc. He's a little less comfortable with men than woman, but lives with men and does fine. Probably needs a home with a woman in the house.

He's great with female dogs, and good with most male dogs. However he has been an only dog until just recently, so I would expect some adjustment for him to live with a few dogs - but he's a Kai Ken, so I wouldn't expect it to be too difficult.

If you're interested in giving Mishi a home, please email us at:
mishi-needs-a-home@yamabushikennel.org

Here are a few older pics of him, I'm working on getting some new ones from his owner...

Comments

• I'll add that, he's certainly welcome to come live with us, but we'd prefer him to go to a family with fewer dogs, since that is how he's been living up to this point.
  • Such a handsome boy, I hope he finds a good home sooner than later
  • edited June 2013
    Oh I have always admired him! I am full up on animals however. Good luck Mishi!
    - half brother to Juno (same mom) and Matsu (same dad)

• All these great dogs needing homes, if only it was a year or two from now :\ I hope he finds a great home!
  • Oh, I hope he finds a good home! I'd like him too, but I think we'd have a hard time integrating and adult male into our household. (Oskar has come into his full "Akita-ness" and is not so tolerant of other dogs these days, unless they are dogs he already knows).
  • Thanks all.

Here is a more recent pic of him, from September...

• edited June 2013
    Aw poor little guy :( Hope he can find a home ASAP!
  • He's cute! Hope he finds a home soon.
  • ::sighs:: if only I could... well... how's he with cats?
  • He's never been around cat @Zinja ... so who knows.
  • Don't let Christine see him, LOL....He's a handsome boy.
  • Omg, Brother!! Is he really bad with men? Im sure sister would mind.
  • Aww, poor dude! I'd love to take him but I really do not think I could have a fourth dog at this moment. Got some stuff of my own going on that would prevent that from happening for a while.
  • edited June 2013
    I wonder how he'd like my pack... :x

Where in Oregon is he located? I have a friend in Oregon City (near Portland) who was beginning to talk about adding a new dog. I even recommended she look into Kai Ken for a companion to her Labrador.
  • Well, his owner emailed me and told me that he's actually not that bad with men. She felt like she may have exaggerated a bit. He hikes with her husband a lot, and is great off-lead too.
  • gorgeous dog wish I can take him.

hope he finds a good home
  • He is such a handsome fellow! My heart is saying 'do it' because I have wanted a Kai for sooooooooo long but my brain is reminding me that now is not the time :( but.... What is his current household like (if you know)? My house is a bit chaotic and crazy at times (teenagers and dogs/birds, etc) and that might be overwhelming for him.
    If he is in need of immediate placement I can definitely foster him if needed. I am in Alabama so that may prove to be an issue but I'm always willing to help if I can.
  • He's a great looking Kai, reminds me of Akuma in the face. I can drive down and pick him up if needed until something permanent is set up.

• I'll try to get some more detail on their living situation, but I know they have at least 2 children (I think three), with family coming and going often. Mishi also lives with a Golden Retriever.
  • @Lindsayt - Thanks! I was going to maybe ask you to do an eval on him, if you have time. But I'm still working out the details. Thanks for the offer.
  • Sure, no problem at all.
  • Sent the link for this discussion to Denise Roelke, Shibas4Life Rescue, in case she knows of someone who might be interested him.
  • Wow I would live to add another second young adult kai bit I am still fostering for another two months and don't have the cash reserves to support another dog. Just bad timing. :(
  • Here is another picture of him I just received...

• Any news?
  • Yea, we might have a home for him in Colorado. So he's gonna be shipped to us after we move next week.
  • What area are you moving to? We are moving to Wyoming this week and would like to schedule a visit with you guys for sometime next year :)
  • Brad, you're moving again? didn't you just move?
  • Yep, the company I work for wants us in CO so they're moving us there...