Akiho-LA Summer Picnic (PhotoSpam)

Hi everyone, picnic was a blast. Cloudy conditions made it quite comfortable for the pups. Some of our new nihonken were in attendance as well. Enjoy the photos. Oh, I'm trying to back down on the saturation a little bit. Except Meichan, where I turned it up a bit :)

Meichan

Kai

Sammy

Sammy & Zenzai

Zenzai

Mac (Toki's Littermate)

Kizuna

Kizuna and Zenzai

Kitana

Comments

• Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Those are some great looking dogs.
  • Couple more.

Kumo

Kaya
  • Super fun! Zenzai slept through the night and dreamed of his wonderful Akiho family :D
  • Awesome photos! Looks like such fun! Kai is very striking in that first pose! Makes me want a JA in all colors >_<
  • He is very nice temperament too.
  • I loooove Kumo! What a gorgeous Akita.
    I saw Mac's photo and said to myself "Hey, it's a white Toki!" Then I read the caption.
  • We got a short video of Meichan playing w/ her boyfriend Kumo-bear :-)
    For size reference, he's 64# and Meichan is 43#

https://socialcam.com/videos/GQ042D58
  • edited June 2013
    Mei is a crazy fuff-baaah!! ^o^
    Sakura is also 43 lbs - is that small for a JA? She's a little over 9 months
  • 9 month & 43# isn't too small.
    Meichan's parents are both around 60#.
    Meichan is 11 months and 43#, she was the runt, we don't think she'll get much bigger esp. That she's losing her appetite. Her full sister from a litter 3 years prior was 48# for a longest time.
  • Saigo just turned 5 months and he's 45lbs. He's growing super fast! He's lean but has big bones.
  • Boys... us little girl JA cannot compete...
  • 45lb at 5 month!!! huge dog!
    karin is 60 and tachi is 65 now. they were 45 ish pound when they were 9 month. so I guess it is normal to have 45 lbs at 9 month of age. specially for female.
  • @MapleTwinkie I just weight'd Kizuna today. 23.4lbs at 4 month... I don't think she's gonna be anywhere near 45 lbs in a month lol.
  • edited June 2013
    @Jun He's a boy, they grow faster than girls.
    @timkim Karin and Tachi grew the same at 9 months? I thought boys would be a lot bigger.

I feed him calories according to his weight. He gets rice + kibble and he was off puppy food at 5 months. The vet did say that he's got big bones and a large chest so more than likely he'll continue growing. We saw our dog's father and he was big too, very solid is the best way to describe him.
  • its funny how Mac and Toki stand the same way. Legs tucked way under the butt. lol! They're definitely littermates.