Miss Poppy and with Shiba "nieces and nephews"

Hi all,

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum, but I thought you might enjoy my pictures of Poppy, my 18 month old Kai, playing with my current litter of Shiba puppies. I'm really impressed with Poppy's natural interest in and tolerance of the babies. All of my Shiba girls (and boys) have been tolerant of my puppies, but I haven't had a true "puppy nanny" (think "Mary Poppins") personality, since we lost our last Akita (Sky) several years ago. Poppy just loves them and I can trust her with them completely. It's quite wonderful, so I thought I would share. Has anyone else observed "puppy nanny" traits in their Kai girl(s), or did I just get lucky in this respect?

Eunice
Nozomi Shibas (and 1 Kai Ken)

Comments

• Hi all,

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum, but I thought you might enjoy my pictures of Poppy, my 18 month old Kai, playing with my current litter of Shiba puppies. I'm really impressed with Poppy's natural interest in and tolerance of the babies. All of my Shiba girls (and boys) have been tolerant of my puppies, but I haven't had a true "puppy nanny" (think "Mary Poppins") personality, since we lost our last Akita (Sky) several years ago. Poppy just loves them and I can trust her with them completely. It's quite wonderful, so I thought I would share. Has anyone else observed "puppy nanny" traits in their Kai girl(s), or did I just get lucky in this respect?

http://www.nozomifarm.com/shibas/week8astro.html

Eunice
    Nozomi Shibas (and 1 Kai Ken)
  • Cute pups reminds me of Saya's siblings litter she came from was litter of four B&T pups.

Your kai ken is beautiful too. :)

Glad she is a good role model for the pups.
  • Very cute! Thanks for sharing.
  • Well, my male Kai is really good puppy nanny. My female Kai prefers to be better kitten nanny :D. In this video Nuuk is about four months old and he still is as goofy with puppies :).
  • Hi Eunice!

Nice to see Poppy.

Our Kai girls babysit all our pups. We just had a Laika litter and the Kai girls would take turns hanging out with them in their pen. It's very cute.
  • @eunice- Thanks for sharing. B/T puppies give me warm fuzzies. Poppy is lovely and the pictures of her with the pups are great.

@MirkaM- What a delightful video!