Obedience Classes

So in volunteering at animal control I have had the pleasure of working with a woman by the name of Sue Parker. A really cool lady who runs a training program to get shelter pit bulls CGC certified BEFORE they get adopted. Really cool, and I really like her training style (tons of positive reinforcement, while still being strong in structure).

Today I enrolled Piglet in her big dog CGC certification class. She and I were chatting after the class (no dogs in todays class, apparently us humans need more training, but we all know our dogs are smarter than usWink) and I was telling her about Himiko. She invited me to bring her to the puppy class immediately following the big dog class. That way she can also help with any pack issues since the alpha of the pack (Piglet) and the newest addition will both be there.

I am really excited I think this is going to be super good for everyone! 

Comments

• edited November -1
    thats is wonderful!
  • edited November -1
    That's great Jessica! I hope we get to learn from your experiences. Let us know how it goes.
  • edited November -1
    VERY kewl. Two more days til Himiko arrives, right???
  • edited November -1
    That's very cool, great chance to learn more!
  • edited November -1
    Sounds great.  Hooray for Piglet getting her CGC!
  • edited November -1

Wednesday.

I am starting to get really nervous/excited.

Just trying to spend as much time with the pups as possible so they feel really calm and secure, since Jay is away, we are in a new house, and in two days...a new member in the pack.

Hello gray hair! 

• edited November -1
    I think that's a great idea, it will really help.