Pharaoh Hounds
  • oddballoddball
    So, I have a deposit down with Brad and Jen for a Kai (YAY!) later this year which means its never too early to start doing research for my next dog which will probably be in 3-5 years. While there are several breeds that I am looking at including another Kai, I am very interested in the Pharaoh Hound. Has anyone here had any experience with these?
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    No, but yay for the Kai!!!!!!!
    Lisa, Toby (Shiba), Oskar and Zora (American Akita), and Leo (Kai Ken)
  • WrylyBrindleWrylyBrindle
    When I went lure coursing most recently I spoke with the club organizer about her pharaoh hounds- really athletic, and motivated to CHASE!

Best wishes for your kai pup! exciting!
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    I think that will be a great combination.

This is a local breeder to me whom I like, and she does a lot of performance stuff with her pharaohs: http://pharaoh-hound.net/
    Hokusei Kashinoki Hokkaido and Shiba Inu
    masakadoshiba@hotmail.com
    www.masakadoshiba@wordpress.com
    www.hokkaidousa.wordpress.com
  • oddballoddball
    @lindsayt Have you met her? Of the breeders pages that I have visited visited so far I like hers the most for the simple fact she does not lead off with all the awards the dogs have won. Obviously can't pick a breeder based on just a webpage, but a person's webpage is usually a good insight into their personality.
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    She and her family are all very nice :)
    Hokusei Kashinoki Hokkaido and Shiba Inu
    masakadoshiba@hotmail.com
    www.masakadoshiba@wordpress.com
    www.hokkaidousa.wordpress.com
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    I met a Pharaoh Hound once a few years ago. She seemed pretty calm and well-mannered. I liked her. Other than that, I don't have any real experience with them. :)
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
    --Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    --Brandon Sanderson, the First Ideal from The Stormlight Archive.
  • sukoshi_momsukoshi_mom
    We had a Pharaoh Hound at the dog park. Very well behaved dog. Was a joy to watch move.