What are Lucky and Star?

edited March 2013 in Other Breeds
Meet Lucky and star, a friend of mine's dogs whom I frequently walk/brush/care for. Jill got them from a shelter, they look like siblings but we don't know for sure. Jill was told they were "Border Collie Mixes" but that doesn't really give a good idea of them. They are very bonded with Jill, love just about everybody, but have a very independent "Pff I'm not coming, this bush is WAY more interesting." streak to them.

So, here's a video and some imagery of the pair.

Lucky. They both have doublecoats, small triangular ears, and a slightly "pitbullish" style mouth.

Star shows the blocky head better than Lucky.

star carries her tail in a sickle, often above her back. Lucky's is usually straight out behind him, rarely curves or held very high.

Star's coat is a slate-grey, sometimes fades to reddish in some areas (they are outside a lot) but her pigmentation is black. She's got lots of white markings with a cream undercoat.

Lucky is a type of sable. His coat is red, pigment black, he has a few white markings, and his fur is banded with black over most of his coat, but not very heavily. His undercoat is red.

What do you think? They are a bit of a mystery to me. Those ears really throw me off.

Comments