GOTEN GO FUJITAEN updated 03/26/13

edited March 2013 in Akita (秋田犬)
* GOTEN GO FUJITAEN

Tokuyuu 3rd award at 124th Akiho Honbuten SeikenB male class
72th Akiho Tokyo branch show and received Tokuyuu 2nd prize in Seiken male class
55th Akiho Tokushima branch show received Tokuyuu 1st prize in Seiken male Class

He is also Korean champion.

so~ I will try to post some pictures of Akita to forum.

I don't see any updated pictures and I want to post some pic of dogs that i know so you guys can check out/give me comments/ study together.

photo goten3_zps26e3157c.jpg
photo goten2_zpsa412ab44.jpg
photo goten_zpsf511de83.jpg

He went back to Japan with Mitsu for Akiho show. He attended two show so far since March. got Tokuyuu 2nd prize in Seiken male class from Tokyo and Tokuyuu 1st prize from Tokushima show.

He is also targeting for Meiyosho on May HQ show and can't wait to see him!

This male is very big, thick, strong. Produce very big pups with great structure.

I do have two of my friend owns one white male,one brindle male from his last litter. these pups are in U.S.A.

White male is already bigger than Tachi and he is only 6 months old.

Bigger akita doesn't mean better Akita. but its always good to have good size male akita with great structure.

Comments

• @timkim I don't know if you or the other Akita breeders would know this but after Jellyfish posting the picture of the white brindle akita, how often do they pop up and what combination of genes would the parents have to have to make it more probable to get one? Sorry this was prompted as I have only seen a few pics of white Akita's, poeticdragon's Mosura being the first.
  • Hey~ You mean white akita right? not white brindle akita.(I don't really call any of brindle as white brindle.) I only consider brindle as three. Black/Silver/red brindle.

anyways. white will appear if both parents dogs have white gene. regardless of actual color of dog.
    Whitexwhite will produce white dogs for sure. whitexbrindle(red) will produce white only if brindle(red) has white gene. brindlexbrindle or brindlexred or redxred will produce white if both dogs have white gene.

I'm kinda terrible explaining things. I guess Claire or Ann can answer this question better.
  • White brindle is not considered a correct brindle. Brindles comes in Red, Silver, and Black. While other combinations can be produced they are not sought after by the breeding programs nor in the ring. Even the red brindles have issues in the ring.
  • edited March 2013
    I think as @jellyfish (I think it was her) described it is a very light, light red brindled.

Why the differentiation/prioritization on brindles? If the red JA is the most popular for those of us brindled preferenced I would assume that would carry through (not sure if there is any real answer to this). how did the solid red come to be favored?

@timkim. You explained it perfectly! Also sorry I totally didn't mean to derail this but the dog has great structure (to my not akita trained eye) and I was making this fantasy dog in my head with his structure and the "white" brindle.
  • edited March 2013
    @cdenney To answer your question.... A "white" brindle, of which I know a few that are quite stunning, is a dog with too much color to be a good silver brindle, too pale color to be a good red brindle, and very sparse stripes over the colored background. So, it is caused in part by randomness (density of stripes) and in part by the red-dilution gene which creates silver brindles from red brindles.

There are many brindles which straddle the line between red and silver, having a color which isn't quite bold or desaturated enough to fit in either category, but the very sparsely striped dogs are rare. Sparse stripes do come up in "normal" brindle colors as well, however. For example, here is a sparsely stripped red brindle:

The "differentiation/prioritization on brindles" is not to do with the brindle itself, but that the standard calls for bold, clear colors. A pale, washed out, or dirty color is undesirable, regardless whether its red, brindle, or white.
  • edited March 2013
    @poeticdragon, this is very random so I apologize but I have been 2nd dogblocked by my roommate at the moment-I found this out when I was gushing about Hiro-, and would really like another Kai though--but am in a lease with her for at least another year, but if I were to change neighborhoods I could adopt other brindled wonders--if you, in your travels, ever see a "white" brindle adult need to be rehomed could you think of me?

Thanks for the genetic information. So there is no one breeding for it, nor want to if it an unacceptable color, they are flukes?
  • I don't think anyone could breed for it even if they wanted to. Its not feasible to select for a specific pattern of stripes. Maybe over very many generations you could get it to breed true, but there are far more important things to select for. Every sparsely striped JA I've seen reproduce has had normal striped offspring.
  • I understand especially if it is against standard. Thanks for the info!
  • I looooove to see the picture of the white male pup out of Goten, I haven't seen many white JA, only dilute reds
  • I like Goten's thick bones. I like him better than the other red male you just posted.

I ditto the request for pics from his puppies. :-)
  • As a newbie Akita enthusiast, I like Goten go's bone structure and demeanour. He has a cool look to him. Very distinguished face :)
  • @timkim, thank you for these 'tests' ! It's a fun way to see beautiful dogs @ learn something. So in an effort to train my eye & learn, the only issue I could see is what seems like a lack of depth for the front part of the fore-chest which in turn throws off the 'square' proportions. (Kind of hard to really tell on the last picture because of the angle...). @poeticdragon & @*JackBurton*, your thoughts, please ?
  • edited March 2013
    The two structural things I see are (a) straight front lacking good angulation and (b) ratio of total height at the shoulder to legs is not 2 to 1 (legs too long or chest too shallow). For the coat, he has too much white on the front. Pigment and expression is nice, good head.
  • Hmm everyone likes goten than mitsu. Lol goten is very tall akita. 70cm. I always look at size when i look at structure. Since big akita has worst structure, goten has great body for tall akita. Judges from akiho looks for overall expression from dogs also. Not measuring every part of body. I think goten has good head but mitsu has much better head. Mitsu is still good size akita but really thin. That is part that i dont like but owner is focusing on excercise and it is improving. I will try to post more pictures of other dogs. Not only the dogs that i like, dogs that r interesting.
  • edited March 2013
    I love Goten!!!! This dog is awesome. He is my second favorite red male, next to Mitsu, but its a close call. I guess apparently im the oddball who likes Mitsu more, but he has an expression that beats every other male because his face is very unique to me. I agree that Mitsus structure isnt as stellar as his face, but combined with a female with excellent structure, it would be an improvment on him. But goten has such good structure, and he has a good head, too. Im not surprised he has received tokuyuu.

I think either of these dogs would produce good puppies.
  • photo 401328_468763349861779_849004221_n_zps34898c9a.jpg
    updated pic of Goten.
    at 55th Akiho Tokushima branch show and My korean friend's debut at akiho show also.
  • He got tokuyuu at this one right?
  • edited April 2013
    photo 28c41c09-a9db-4522-8f81-6c453883123c_zps6044567f.jpg
    Goten's offspring in USA. he is now little over 7 month.
  • edited April 2013
    @timkim If only he was a year older! Would love to use him with Bijo before she is retired, I think they both have great head and solid builds. Could get a red female who carries white from him...
  • i know!!!T.T
  • I hope to see him at the next JA show. He has a solid front to him :-)
  • Did he get an Akiho pedigree and had it transferred it into the owners name?
  • If I recall correctly he did but Tim would know for sure.
  • We are still waiting for his pedigree from AKIHO HQ. it will come under my name.
    My friend is not serious about Akita. i wanted to use him as stud and show him as well.
  • Spend sooooo much time waiting on pedigrees from AKIHO! 6 months for Bijo's to arrive which delayed when I could register her puppies. Still waiting on those, but glad I'm not ALSO waiting on my kennel cert.
  • For the pups being born its not a huge deal . The big one is the transfer.
  • What is the name of Goten's white boy? He needs his own thread, so handsome!!!
  • Hakuba go hidden cascade. I dont have enough good pic to create his own thread. Lol