Scratchy Dog Supplements

I have two bottles of this "Scratchy Dog" supplement. I normally use fish oil, but I'll be running out soon and I wanted to see what people thought of this. I took a picture of the ingredients. I'm not so sure how I feel...

Sorry, it's blurry.

Has anyone ever heard of this? It's by a company called "Pet Pals". My company works with them and has their own "branded" vitamins so I guess I can get them pretty cheap... but I dunno. I might stick to what I know.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I'm a less is more kind of girl and there's a lot of stuff in there. The fact that vegetarian flavorings are two of the top three ingredients and dried dairy is the first makes this a little weird. I think you're better off giving fish oil pills and a bit of yogurt to the pups, personally.

[Edited for grammar.]
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, kinda strange looking... What is vegetarian beef and bacon flavor anyways?
    Anywho, I agree on the fish oils (with a bit of vitamin E if you give a lot) and yogurt. Canned oysters help with Conker's skin and coat too, I believe it's the zinc in them.
  • Kelp and seaweed seem like popular ingredients for skin/coat supplement
    I use this for my pup who's growing her adult coat (it's taken a few months and she still has puppy coat around her thighs)
    http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/fresh-factors/dogs
  • Not sure on the ingredients.. Sorry.

Only supplement I mainly give is green lipped mussel and superflex elk velvet antler for Saya's joints.

I used give salmon oil, but only do it once in while as she does get half her food is grass fed/free ranged and she gets fresh and caned fish..

Just be careful with kelp if your dog has hypothyroidism or prone to it.

I read it can be bad for thyroid.

I think just doing fish or salmon oil would be good and vitamin E.