Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai 2013 Pictures

Posted on the Shiba side and thought some of you guys would like to see the pictures of the show.

This is the female who took Best of Breed and Best American Bred.

BSA_4296

This male took Best of Opposite Sex

BSA_4305

Best Puppy

BSA_5365

Here's the link to see the rest of the pictures from the show. http://www.flickr.com/photos/renae_pics/sets/72157632994937979/

Enjoy! ( ^ - ^ )

Comments

• The bitch at the top does not have a level top line and tail set is terrible, but she does have a nice head, which is basically all that Nippo judges seem to care about it seems. Several awards were withheld this year due to lack of merit.
  • He was looking more for coat quality then anything, leanness, and eyes. It was really a tough call between the two. I see what your talking about the tail and back on this female compared to the male. The judge might had saw something that we didn't know. Who knows.....
  • Interesting. The saddle coloration and tail set is what threw me.
  • The recent trend in Nippo shows has been to promote sashige as a means to improve color, and so more incorrect reds and incorrect sesame are being awarded (which is fine with me, I think there is merit to including dogs with this coloring in breeding to help keep the quality of coat texture and color).

She does appear to have short upper arms as well and I would almost bet she has slipping hocks.
    The weak rear is likely why the top line is so bad, and I am curious how her hips are. I like the male and the best puppy much much better.
  • The best male puppy decision was actually requested for the judge to explain his conclusion (is this a normal thing to do in shows)? The main thing he focused on was coat quality, in his explanation he let slide the tight tailset and a couple of other things mentioned that were less than ideal but rationalized with, "he is still growing and these will work themselves out".

Jesse
  • That was new to me when they asked the judge to explain his choice.
  • Not uncommon at a Nippo show in the US. The Japanese judge is usually more than happy to explain. The use it as a learning experience for US breeders.
  • LOL That was a first to see the judge do that. I wish he could have explain why he chose the Best of Breed winner too.... Oh well.....