Shelby and Friends! Updated 4/2/15!

I finally figured out how to upload pics of Shelby! She's almost 5 months old now and getting so big!
I hope everyone enjoys looking at pics of her as much as I like taking them.

This is Shelby a few days after we got her:
Shelby

This is Shelby going to work with me a couple of weeks ago. (The car was still in park. We buckle up for safety!):
IMG_1796

Shelby, Mya (Shiba), and Jefferson (cat) napping in and around Mya's ugly blue chair after playing all day:
IMG_1760

Shelby and Mya sometime in late January:
IMG_1751

Shelby and Jefferson napping together:
IMG_1746

and a bonus of Mya in her favorite spot... the back of the couch somewhere near my head!
IMG_1743

I think that's all the picturing anyone can handle at once!

Comments

• Shelby is soooo adorable!! All of your fuzzy team of pointy-eared pals are...Im glad to see Matsu's sister. Post pics any old time!
  • Thank you! They definitely have my heart.
  • CUTE! Thanks for sharing!
  • AND THERE THEY ARE!!! Kitty, shiba and kai!!! HURRAY!!!!! Your critters are so cute! it must be awesome to have nihon ken and cats get along. For some reason, in the picture from janurary Mya looks kinda like a raccoon. May i ask why you chose the name Shelby? Really cute name, it just seems thta most doggies on here have japy names. And in my opinion, too many pictures is utterly impossible.
  • Shelby's name was a process...lol. I wanted something different for her. I actually didn't name any of my other animals! They all came with names. So, we decided on a humanized name that meant something to us. My fiance loves shelby mustangs and I love the movie steel magnolias. So, Shelby was a good fit. She has a middle name (all but my chi have them) and that would be Iris.
    (In case you're wondering, it's Mya Paisley, Jefferson Armistead, and Shelby Iris. My mom said she's glad I dont have real children after she heard the cat's name!) Sophie has so many nicknames, I never could decide on a middle name for her, and I guess after 6 years it's a bit late for that now :)
  • Your critters are adorable :)
  • Waw! They are all so cute!
  • Armistead, NICE!!!! I like the idea of them having long names. I fancy REALLY LONG NAMES!! Do you ever call them by their middle names or are they just so when you introduce them you get to say something really fun? About the choosing of a human name, that is something i would not do. If you can't name you children very unusual names, you must name your pets so. Shelby is still a cute name though! Armistead, wow i can't get over that.
  • edited February 2013
    I call them by their middle names when they aren't listening. Kind of like a mother calling her kids by their middle names when she wants theur undivided attention. :)
    And as far as the human names, I call them silly names when they're being really playful. Mainly turkey, big man, mawmaw wrinkles, and goofy. So I guess the have human and silly names, but the himanized ones are what they get called the most. :)
  • Aww! I love your shiba, kai ken and kitty.
  • They're all really great looking animals, especially Shelby! Matsu's a very handsome guy, fitting that Shelby is a very pretty girl! She has a very sweet looking face :)
  • Thanks everyone!
    @cezieg that sweet looking face goes with an amazingly sweet personality! I think the whole litter has the sweetest faces!
  • edited April 2013
    Here's some more pics of the baby girl!! Some are pretty recent and others aren't, but I'll try to keep them in order. :)
    EDIT: I figured out how to get pics off my new phone! Adding more pics!

About 4 months old, sitting in a most comfortable spot!

DSC01984

About 4 1/2 months old. Chilling with her favorite kitty (Jefferson)

DSC01972

Hard to see, but she's playing with Mya (who wasn't really mad, just funny timing on the pic) and Jefferson. About 4 1/2- 5 months old.

DSC01965

Somewhere in the 4 month old range. Camera shy.

DSC01963

5 months old. Getting ready to lose that last puppy tooth!

100_1747

5 1/2 months old. Easter pic with Mya and Sophie

sms easter001

Getting tall at 5 1/2 months

100_1752

It really took an hour to get one this good. 6 months old.

100_1845

6 months old. HI!!

100_1846

Coming Home from Shelby's spay and Mya's dental. It's like nothing happened..

Untitled

6 Months old. Tired after work..lol!

Untitled

Leash free today at my mom and dad's apartment! 6 months

Untitled

All 3 ladies

Untitled

She really hates the camera... Taken today

Untitled
  • Cute!! :) I love the one with the three dogs posing! LOL It's really cute!
  • Thank you! The photographer was glad she had a fast shutter for my crazy ladies! We would have had bunnies in the pic as well, but I wasn't sure Shelby wouldn't eat them...
  • lol Yeah good idea to not include them!
  • Love it! Thanks for sharing
  • Great pictures! They are all adorable :D Love the Easter picture.... too cute!
  • The Easter pic Everex the further left you go the derpyer expression, the best!
  • Haha! I know, right? Sad thing is that was the best one!
  • Gah!! Is this the Shelby from the recent AyuxNio litter?? If so it's AWESOME to see Kona's sister! :D What number was Shelby??

and PS: she is super cute!! ^_^
  • Yep, Shelby would be puppy #7 I think. She is an absolute joy to have. What number was kona?

Is kona a super happy puppy? Shelby is the happiest dog I have ever met. How big is kona? Shelby feels to be around 30 pounds now and she was 15" tall at the withers in Feb, but I haven't measured her since.
  • She looks so happy! :)
  • Omg... She is always super happy! Even if I have to fuss her for eating my shoes, she just looks at me and wags her tail like she has done the greatest thing in the world. I just can't be in a bad mood with her around :)
  • @Myabee09 Mandi (Misaki's mama) and I thought Kona was number 7 because of her eye patch, but they all look so much alike xP also because she is SUUUPER tiny, Kona is only (maybe now) 20 pounds! and she is a VERY happy crazy puppy as well, it's so much fun ^_^
  • edited April 2013
    here's a couple pictures that made me think that she was number 7, just because of her marking by her right eye

from the kennel:

from just after we picked Kona up:
  • edited April 2013
    BAH! couldnt get the kennel picture to work, but this one: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8474/8137314507_2ea9016db8_z.jpg

and this is the other image (gotta figure this html thing out again LOL):
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/486235_10151307008646826_6053652_n.jpg
  • The vet records said shelbs was 7, I think.... Could be mistaken tho... I don't know about the eye mark because Shelby has a little scar there now from a turf war with my Shiba. :(
  • Awwe poor thing!! Lol, she's so cute tho ^_^ so funny how Kona is so tiny and BOTH of her sisters i know about are so much bigger!!
  • So, I just looked at the records and she was #7. Did you get health records for kona? Mine were highlighted for Shelby. I'm a nut for health records tho, I even went through hell to get my Shiba's records from the vets that she went to with her first 2 owners...helped us understand her a lot better.

Shelby is definitely a lot bigger than kona... I got curious today and weighed and measured her. She's around 18" at the withers and weighs 29.6 pounds. That's after she got really sick and lost a few pounds right after we got her. She didn't put the weight right back on, so she is still kind of catching up.... Finally not looking too scrawny now tho :)

I want to see pictures of kona! I am loving watching all the pups grow up! Seems like they are all extremely sweet and loving <3