toki's adventure to california

edited February 2013 in Akita (秋田犬)
Toki went on an adventure to california this last week to be in the akiho and jaca show! He even halfway conquered his fears of tile flooring because we stayed in a high-rise Holiday Inn on the 14th floor. He made several new girlfriends and went to a bunch of different places. At the show, he told the judges how he felt about life and got 4th place at AKIHO; Toki is very vocally opinionated. (in all seriousness, we actually need to work on that...>_>)

Here are some photos from our scenic trip to and from cali

Toki in the Mojave Desert, California
some_text

Toki at Sandia Peak, New Mexico
(note how particularly badass he looks. i wish he would naturally stand like that all the time! :)
some_text

Toki at Sandia Peak, New Mexico, again
some_text

Toki at White Sands, New Mexico
(he ate the sand)
(note, too lazy to fix his squinty eyes and human shadow....i'll admit it. no shame
maybe one day if i submit this to a quarterly, i'll for sure fix it. until then...)
some_text

Toki at White Sands, New Mexico
some_text

And yes. Leash is edited out. Lets not pretend.

Comments

• hehe its in the shadow still. on that note amazing editing skills. seems like Toki was enjoying modeling.
  • Nice pictures! Toki is such a handsome dude.
  • Toki is all grown up! He's lookin mighty fine in his adventure.
  • Great photos! Glad to hear you had a successful trip. Good job to Toki on getting 4th.
  • Badddd assssss lol
  • Good job, Toki!

At first, I thought he had an unusually round head/neck... and then I realized that it was edited. :) Great job, though! I like the second Sandia peak picture (and, of course, his badass stance).
  • @crispy I have no idea what possesed him to stand with his feet that wide apart, maybe the snow or the angle of the ground, as he never stands like a badass. Maybe one day he will as his chest matures
  • @jellyfart - he heard the call of the wild.

Or maybe he saw Liam Neeson do it in, you know, that movie where he fought alladem wolves.

Brb guys, Toki has to go fight some dire wolves. (Why did Toki just become a meme in my head? :( He's not even my dog!)

He's too cute.
  • @Crispy - I totally just fell out of my chair laughing at your last comment...

My cycling race team is called Dire Wolf Racing... Therefore, I could just picture Toki running after a pack of us cyclists creating havoc. :)
  • lol now I have this image of this akita running up behind bikers on the tour de france and just waylaying them left and right a carnage of overturned bikes and people on the road going after your team. lol
  • so much approval!! :)
  • Toki is so handsome!!!
  • He is such a handsome boy! Great pictures :)
  • Yay thanks yall! Im super optimistic and excited about how he is going to mature, hes only gonna get better :)
  • He's handsome akita. Love that sand almost looks like snow!
  • Looks like you guys has fun :) and you always take the best photos!
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Thanks guys! Toki appreciates the compliments. He likes feeling pretty :)