Japanese collars

edited January 2013 in Products & DIY
I've been searching on the net for a collar with Japanese characters printed on it or a pattern that would represent the Japanese culture. In vain, I did not find anything. Is anyone knows where I could find such collars?

I found these, but for around $200, I'll pass. It's Art, not something you would put on your dog (well maybe at a wedding!)

photo IMG_2691_zpsc6cb3924.gif
photo IMG_2605_zps619ad95e.png

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I actually really LOVE his work. He also makes the traditional Akita collar, the one with two collars in one, covered in studs. Im actually not much a fan of that particular collar but I appreciate his historical efforts and leatherwork. I hope to buy Toki one of his collars someday. I really like the tosa collar.
  • Cool color but that character is sanskirt for Aum not kanji.
  • @saki Ginko who I just got from Brad and Jen has a collar with Japanese characters on it that he had when i picked him up from the airport. I can't find who made it on it though.
  • Yeah, that's Hindu ^.^ It's a beautiful collar. Would look good on a Tosa.
  • @saki Ginko who I just got from Brad and Jen has a collar with Japanese characters on it that he had when i picked him up from the airport. I can't find who made it on it though.
    Is Brad or Jen knows? Do you have a pic of Ginko's collar?
  • I emailed Oli and he will also custom one for you.... we will eventually do that once Kunai is all grown - well, lol and when we can afford to!!! :D
  • Yah, do a custom one with the Kanji for your dog's name. Oli collars does custom work, I agree with @jellyfart , his work is amazing!! When Saigo is fully grown, i'm allowed (lol!!) to get the rolled orange collar hehehe :D

Traditionally speaking, the dog's name wasn't put on the collar, (although I think it would look nice). Get the Kanji on the back of his ID tag or something? (if you're looking for a cheaper yet just as cute option). :)
  • edited January 2013
    This is gonna look awesome on a fully grown Red male akita!
    This would be Saigo's flossin' collar. Like when I bring him to Matsuri's and doggyfests, lol.

• Wow, those collars are a work of art!
  • edited January 2013
    @saki and @nrmorris--If it is the the black one with white japanese characters on it, I got it for the pups from snifftowag. Her shop is on Etsy. She is also on FB. Just search sniff to wag.
  • @nrmorris - I'll try to find a pic, but it's a Sniff to Wag collar: http://www.facebook.com/snifftowag
  • oops, didn't see @ttddinh's comment... yep, it is the same pattern that Jiro had.