KIRIN IS LOST!!! CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!
  • SangmortSangmort
    If you have a Facebook, please share & repost!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151472758816414&set=a.316258166413.184129.581051413&type=1&theater

This is Dragoon & Kishin's sister....Taro & Koyuki's daughter. ~
    - Osy ~
    Post edited by Sangmort at 2013-01-12 17:39:58
  • ceziegcezieg
    No way... :(
    Ren, Kai Ken (f)
  • tjbart17tjbart17
    Oh f*ck
  • SangmortSangmort
    :( ~
    - Osy ~
  • CrispyCrispy
    I'm so far away, but when I saw this earlier, I wanted to help! I found two potential leads when I first learned that I linked to Gen while I was on my phone.

Now that I'm on the computer, the link to the dog I found while looking on OC's animal control site is gone (I hope this means good things!) - it was an all white spitz dog that looked very much like a Kishu from the thumbnail and did not have a posted name - I was on my phone at the time, so I couldn't really figure out how to navigate the site or how to tell any other details, if there were any.

The other was an OC craigslist ad that said someone had found a "medium sized female white dog" at Garden Grove.

Just updating, in case other people were poking around the internet too!
    Post edited by Crispy at 2013-01-12 18:46:24
  • Ahhh!!! Hope you she is home safely soon!!!
  • SayaSaya
    Oh no. :( This isn't good. I hope she is found soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 5year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • SangmortSangmort
    @Crispy - I know. There's only so much I can do from over here in FL, so I've been scouring the classifieds, petfinder, etc. as well.

Gen said she's been missing since the beginning of December, if that helps broaden / narrow the search. ~
    - Osy ~
  • Shared on FB.
    Wait, she's been missing since the beginning of December??
    image M.C. with Bowdu (Shiba Inu) and Bowpi (Basenji) at The House of Two Bows
  • CrispyCrispy
    @Sangmort - yeahhh, that's the hard part - it's been so long! The craigslist post was from mid-late Dec and lord knows how long the animal control dog had been there for. I didn't realize the last place she'd been seen was in Corona, so I was looking closer to Santa Ana. X(
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    @curlytails - Yes, tho Gen just found out about it.
    ------------------ YamabushiKennel.org | BradAnderson.org ------------------
  • SangmortSangmort
    @curlytails - Yeah, Gen just found out. ~
    - Osy ~
  • SayaSaya
    Must be scary her lost like this. I hope she gets found I shared it on my FB.

Photobucket
  • SangmortSangmort
    @Crispy - I don't know anything about the area, so I've been looking at every small-medium sized female dog posted in the county! ~
    - Osy ~
  • Gulp... yes.

Hopefully she was actually found some time ago, but possibly slipped through the cracks because they're not the easiest dogs to describe precisely if you don't know the breed. I think looking through shelter and CL posts is a great idea. Reaching out to rescue contacts too...
  • aykayk
    If she's smaller like her mother, she might have slipped by as a Shiba. I don't recall a Jindo like her.

The OC shelter website had a side profile of a white dog if that's the one you're thinking of. Looked like a sibe with blue eyes.
  • jujeejujee
    Yes, I only found out when I went back to so cal to visit my family during Christmas.

My sister had posters put up & has been checking local listings & checking the shelters.

This isnt the first time she's gotten out. They tried various ways to try to prevent her from escaping but when Kirin is on a mission it seems nothing can stop her. A lot of feral cats hang out on the walls in their neighborhood so I'm sure they taunted her. When she got out the times before she either came back on her own or someone had her chipped scanned.

I do believe though that she was just picked up by someone cause she is a very friendly and outgoing dog.

If she was found by an asian family I doubt they would think to get her scanned or bother trying to find the owners, especially with a pretty dog like Kirin. :(
  • jujeejujee
    Kirin is bigger than Yuki I believe. She is close to 40 lbs.
  • CrispyCrispy
    @ayk - the one I saw was labelled as a shepherd x husky mix and said it was a younger dog, but the dog didn't look like a shep x husky from the thumbnail, it looked much more like a Jindo or a medium sized NK (possibly an unrelated but convincing mix - my phone is super small and I couldn't pull up the bigger picture on it).

No blue eyes - white dog, dark skin & eyes with creamish ears and full body picture. It was up earlier this morning and I think Gen got in touch with the shelter earlier. The only thing that made me think 'not a Kishu' was the eyeset, but I figured I'd throw it his way anyway.

Even if someone else scooped her up, I hope she's being well cared for and not running around somewhere and she's found soon!

@jujee - Do you know if she's spayed or intact? It might only be a small detail, but it could help. I dunno.
    Post edited by Crispy at 2013-01-12 20:05:30
  • jujeejujee
    She's still intact. They wanted to wait til after a year to spay.
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    That stinks... Hope they can find her!
  • ttddinhttddinh
    I just texted someone hopefully it's Kirin. I have been scouring the inland empire Craigslist, corona is considered in the inland empire nothing yet :(
    Post edited by ttddinh at 2013-01-12 20:52:30
  • SangmortSangmort
    @ttddinh - Keep us updated!! ~
    - Osy ~
  • ttddinhttddinh
    No answer yet. That was the only post that was hopeful
  • SangmortSangmort
    @ttddinh - Fingers crossed! :( ~
    - Osy ~
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Thanks everyone for all the help and support. This is what makes this forum community so awesome. The two leads crispy sent me went cold so I hope someone see's her.
    Gen, Ami, Kaylynn, Trinity, Yusuke......Riki, Hana, Sammi, Taro, and the newest addition Koyuki.
  • Sent link to this discussion to Masako, who runs the LA/CO Shiba Meetup and Saving Shibas Rescue
  • ttddinhttddinh
    So I heard a response from the guy, and he said he dropped the dog off at the norco shelter. I proceeded to text him more info about Kirins description because on his CL post he only put white dog, but he didn't respond. I will call NorCo shelter today, which is right by corinas house. My only worry is this is about in mid dec so I don't know if she is already put down or what.
    Post edited by ttddinh at 2013-01-13 10:27:49
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    Gosh... this sucks. Hope all turns out well!
  • aykayk
    A Passion for Paws akita rescue sometimes visits the Riverside area shelters. They'll pull Jindos and spitzes. Might want to bring them into the loop, too. (I've got to go on the road in a few minutes.)
  • ttddinhttddinh
    @shishiinu--Do u want me to call a passion for paws? I contacted corina. She said she will check out the lead at NorCo shelter since it is right near her.

We haven't heard anything from kirin's owners. Where have they contacted? That would be helpful in narrowing down other places. Please let me know how you want me to proceed.

EDIT at 10:40 AM PT, I looked at passion for paws website, no Kirin. Corina (@shikokuspirit) states that the Norco shelter is closed today and tomorrow. Will not re-open until tues at 9am. :(
    Post edited by ttddinh at 2013-01-13 13:45:33
  • I'm not familiar with SoCal. I realize there's only so much one can do online, but where might we be able to continue looking?

Orange County shelters? Ann and friends are in the loop on those contacts, I see. I wasn't sure if they post all dogs' pictures on intake.
    http://www.orangecountyspca.org/orange-county-shelters

I thought I read that Corona is in Riverside County. RC shelters? I was scanning these: http://rcdas.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=225&Itemid=57

Inland Empire Craigslist? Other areas?
    http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/
    http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/laf/

And yes, some more info from the the original owner would help... Have fliers been put up at vets, etc.?

Finally, I realize this information has gotten out there very quickly once the poster was made (fabulous work, btw -- very sharp and eyecatching). But I've noticed some statements circulating about her "rare" breed. It doesn't matter if whomever has her can ID her breed, just as long as it's her. If we can avoid attracting attention to the rarity of her breed when trying to get the word out, that might be wise...

I hope something pans out soon.
  • shishiinushishiinu
    I do not have any info on the microchip. Let me see if its ok to post that info on here. I appreciate any help I can get.

I do not know where the owners have checked, I my self have not heard from Kirins owners also so I'm working with really limited info. Soon as I find something out I will post up.
    Gen, Ami, Kaylynn, Trinity, Yusuke......Riki, Hana, Sammi, Taro, and the newest addition Koyuki.
  • ttddinhttddinh
    Ugh, no one answers at the Riverside shelter. Im really sorry to hear this... @shishiinu.
  • SangmortSangmort
    @curlytails - I left the breed off the poster purposefully, but people seem to be spreading it through text that she's a "rare breed." ~
    - Osy ~
  • SayaSaya
    I hope no one would be so horrible to keep her because she is rare breed.

I shared the picture and didn't include the breed I know they didn't with Shakko so thought it'd be the same.

I hope someone found her and sees these posters and returns her soon.

Some dogs can travel far maybe post posters in a wider area just in case?

Photobucket
    Post edited by Saya at 2013-01-13 16:38:49
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    Yeah... Keep the whole "rare breed/Japanese Breed/ Kishu ken" on the down low is the best thing... People are a-holes and will keep the dog or try to sell it of they know its worth money. People steal dogs of people's yards in miami if they know its pure breed...
  • FYI when Yamato was lost LB didn't realize he had a chip. I gave them the number over the phone.
    www.akita-inu.com
    www.Japanese-Akitas.com
    pedigrees.akita-inu.com
    Post edited by *JackBurton* at 2013-01-13 17:22:47
  • AraksAraks
    Whoa, just catching up with this. I have a friend in riverside so I'll ask him to pass it along too. Im really not familiar with that county so I have no idea where everything is. I'll be on the lookout though, and help in any way possible. It just sucks that we're finding out so late :(
  • aykayk
    I've found that the best place to catch most of the soCal shelters is www.petharbor.com.

• I hope you find her. How did you she get lost in the first place?
  • SangmortSangmort
    I looked through the link @ayk provided, for Corona City, CA & this girl popped up...

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SNBR1.A354555 ~
    - Osy ~
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    @Sangmort Looks like her... Close.
  • SangmortSangmort
    Well, Beth found this link with that dog with more pics, http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/8162116-lompoc-california-husky-mix

So maybe not :\
    - Osy ~
  • SangmortSangmort
    Another possibility... http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=BSTW.A010013

tho she's fat...& hard to tell with them smooshing her face ~
    - Osy ~
  • SangmortSangmort
    another one, but no pics... http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SLOC.A189983 ~
    - Osy ~
  • ttddinhttddinh
    These look like they are far away but who knows? Maybe she I'd get that far.
  • SangmortSangmort
    @ttddinh - I have no idea, so I'm just picking stuff that looks similar to her LOL I typed "Corona, CA" into the search, but no idea how close / far they are. ~
    - Osy ~
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    That sucks they waited so long to say anything
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SangmortSangmort
    @linsayt - I agree...but it doesn't hurt to try. ~
    - Osy ~
  • SayaSaya
    Sometimes a dog can be found far away from where they ran from.

I'm not from California and never been to the state so can't really judge distance on things.

I really hope she is found soon.
    Photobucket
  • tjbart17tjbart17
    I hate to say this. But has anyone called animal services and checked the deceased list? They log all picked up animals and a chip can be ruined in a hit. I still call every Wednesday for Shakko.
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    I wish they would've said something earlier... There are a ton of people here who are willing to help them. So sad.

Post edited by Hinata23 at 2013-01-14 16:16:25
  • SayaSaya
    I agree, but can't do anything about that now.

I really hope she gets found soon.

If she is microchip and was taken into shelter wouldn't they scan her all over when they got her in case she had a microchip?
    Photobucket
  • Hinata23Hinata23
    @Saya When we first got ChoCho we had to re-microchip her because the vet techs and the vet couldn't find her chip. They say that sometimes the muscles move them around. They scanned all of her and couldn't locate it. Even microchips are not a guarantee ID...
  • ttddinhttddinh
    :(
  • TrzcinaTrzcina
    Very nondescript description, but I just checked Craigslist and this came up:
    http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/laf/3545074654.html

Never been to California so I don't even know if that's the right area.
    Post edited by Trzcina at 2013-01-14 17:15:04
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Waiting to hear back on one dog that looks like her. Thanks everyone for all the leads!
  • ttddinhttddinh
    @trzcina--I clicked on that and the posting was deleted by the author.
  • TrzcinaTrzcina
    @ttddinh Huh, it's still there when I click on it. Hopefully it means they already figured out who the dog they found belongs to or something then, though. It just said "small white dog with pointy ears" for the description.
  • ttddinhttddinh
    @shishiinu-- corina (@shikokuspirit) checked the norco shelter. She's not there :(
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Yeah I spoke to her about a hour ago. Sucks.
  • If Kirin were or is to end up in an Animal Shelter or at a Vet...they will scan for a chip. Someone probably has her, most likely.
    Belgian Malinois (Lynxiene)
    Shikoku Ken (Shoushuu | Kotomi | Sakura | Ayla)
    Alaskan Klee Kai (Keno)
    photo NihonKenBannerbyChrystal.jpg
  • I don't mean to intrude (as a newbie,) but a little over 2 years ago I adopted a a beautiful (and what appeared to be purbred) Samoyed out of the shelter. I took her to the vet and was going to have her chipped, and she already had one. We scanned it and found the owners, who had been looking for her for 3 months, and she had been in the shelter the whole time. So, unfortunately, they don't always scan (I gave the dog to the rightful owners - free of charge - and I am dog less to this day). Just thought I'd share that harsh reality. Hopefully your shelters will scan though. Moral of the story - check in person when at all possible, not everyone who works in the pet industry cares. Fingers crossed that you find her.
    Post edited by nashinoki at 2013-01-16 04:32:43
  • shishiinushishiinu
    A little thread bump. Nothing yet...
  • cdenneycdenney
    Bumpin it up too
  • SangmortSangmort
    Still keeping my fingers crossed! ~
    - Osy ~
  • ttddinhttddinh
    Checked on craiglist. Nothing. :(
  • SangmortSangmort
    Anyone close enough to go check out this girl? http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=MSVJ.A143859

Lucy Rose posted her up, said the pup is in / near Mission Viejo, CA ~
    - Osy ~
  • sjp051993sjp051993
    I was just coming here to post the same thing.
    Stacey living with Tora, Kazue, Ritsu and Kuma the Shiba
    www.suteishiikennels.com

DSCF0686IMG_0940 - Version 2DSCF0714IMG_1151

10443860_10202258803333634_2133731540_n
  • shishiinushishiinu
    I would really appreciate any help I can get on this. Unfortunately the earliest I can possibly make it up there is next Monday on my day off.
  • cdenneycdenney
    can you call and ask if her chip has been scanned?
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Left a message with the shelter. Gonna try again tomorrow am.
  • cdenneycdenney
    :/ good luck. that dog is def not a shiba though
  • shishiinushishiinu
    I agree.
  • ttddinhttddinh
    I contacted Lucy and said I could go but masako, the director of saving shibas.org, sent the shelter an email, so we will wait and see.
    Post edited by ttddinh at 2013-01-22 23:55:36
  • ttddinhttddinh
    @ayk-- could it be a jindo?
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    hmmm.... that looks kinda promising. fingers crossed!
  • CarabooACarabooA
    I hope it's her!!
    What day is it?
    Why, it's Today....
    Ah, my favorite day!

PrettyKi11-13-12 OutsidePlease11-13-12-1Mirraheartssnow
    Kitora (Kai Ken), Kunai (Kai Ken) and Mirra (Siberian Husky/Border Collie)
  • thegelathegela
    It seems like that dogs nose is pink, while kirin's nose is black. Also the muzzle structure seems more triangular than Kirin.. To me it seems more like a Shiba... I could be wrong, (hopefully) but just wanted to point out my observations.. I hope Kirin is found soon..
    Hana - 2yr (10-22-11)/ F / Kai Ken / shy, sweet, cuddly, silly, loves the woods
    Yezo - 6mo (07-11-13) / M / Hokkaido / foodie, monster, lovebug, loves winter
    -------------------
    instagram - gelabot
    hana yezo's tumblr - http://hanayezo.tumblr.com
    my tumblr - http://angelaan.tumblr.com
  • shishiinushishiinu
    The photo isn't the most up to date photo and I have no idea how old she is in the flier. Her dad taro's nose was originally black but now is red so I'm really hoping... But the dog looks so much like a kishu.
  • ttddinhttddinh
    I really hope so too.
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    Since I work in Irvine, I can try to go during my lunch break tomorrow, but regardless I'll follow-up and call and see if they are able to scan the dog for me.

Jesse
    Jesse Pelayo

• shishiinushishiinu
    Thanks Jesse! I left them a message and so I will call them tomorrow if I don't get a call back by noon.
  • aykayk
    @ttddinh - Are you still referring to this one?

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=MSVJ.A143859

Actually, her picture is Shiba to me.
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Wow yeah looks more like a Shiba now.
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    Yea, it does look like a Shiba now. poo. :(
  • ttddinhttddinh
    @ayk, yea, they changed the picture though. This one looks more shiba than th one before. Ugh, pics can be so deceiving!
  • tjbart17tjbart17
    I texted it to Julie. She says Kirin's nose is still black. :-/
  • cdenneycdenney
    This might have been done but I remember @zinja saying that they called all vets in the area to see if the puppy found was reported missing. Has anyone called all local vets to see if anyone brought in a "found" dog?
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Called about the dog on the post above, it's no Kirin. The size and the location it was brought in by doesn't match Kirin...
  • CarabooACarabooA
    :(
    What day is it?
    Why, it's Today....
    Ah, my favorite day!

PrettyKi11-13-12 OutsidePlease11-13-12-1Mirraheartssnow
    Kitora (Kai Ken), Kunai (Kai Ken) and Mirra (Siberian Husky/Border Collie)
  • jujee said:

If she was found by an asian family I doubt they would think to get her scanned or bother trying to find the owners, especially with a pretty dog like Kirin. :(

Yah totally, we probably would have eaten her. White dogs are the tastiest. :P
    Post edited by MapleTwinkie at 2013-01-23 21:16:32
  • tjbart17tjbart17
    Ummm @MapleTwinkie I don't think Julie meant to insinuate that at all. Lets please not go there. I will stick up for my friend.
  • @tjbart17 - my response was in jest ;)
    Sorry if it didn't come across that way! ( I added a smilie ) I wasn't suggesting asians eat dogs. Was a little offput that a generalization was made about asians and how they would handle a found dog...but that's okay.

Bad time to make a joke.
    Hope Kirin is found!! :)
    Post edited by MapleTwinkie at 2013-01-23 21:23:45
  • ZinjaZinja
    Wow. I didn't even read the Asian comments. I'm somewhat offended. I found two dogs and tried my hardest to find their owners.

Anywho, all the best for kirin !
    -Joe
    Post edited by Zinja at 2013-01-24 02:55:19
  • Umm...having met her in person, I can verify that 1) Julie is not the type to intend that sort of negative implication and 2) she's Asian. I don't think her comment implies what some in the thread are thinking.

Anyway I hope that Kirin is found soon (and it's not another family holding onto her).
  • SangmortSangmort
    Someone name Rosalind sent me a message about this dog:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.571706819524488.138410.292997540728752&type=3 ~
    - Osy ~
  • sjp051993sjp051993
    I had a couple of people send me the same link. Sent the info to Gen. It is about 170 miles north of where she was lost, but he is checking it out.
    Stacey living with Tora, Kazue, Ritsu and Kuma the Shiba
    www.suteishiikennels.com

DSCF0686IMG_0940 - Version 2DSCF0714IMG_1151

10443860_10202258803333634_2133731540_n
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    Wow, that one looks very promising...Here's to hoping it's her.

Jesse
    Jesse Pelayo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion