Does anyone have a pup from Classy Kennel?

edited January 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I contacted Marian about a Kai puppy today and have not heard back. But does anyone have experience buying a puppy from her?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Breeders are busy, I wouldn't expect to hear back from any of them for at least a week or two. Sometimes you get lucky and it's only 1-3 days.

--thank you-- ~Brad
  • edited February 2014
  • Hi Tyler. I have a 4 year old, female shiba inu that came from a sire and dam out of Classy Kennel. The actual breeder was named Michelle, though. Her and her husband were out of Michigan and owned a camel farm. My husband and I found them by responding to an ad on the internet. I will admit, at the time we didn't know much about what we were doing or what to look for in a breeder. It was our first dog. We were very lucky. Our shiba is an excellent dog. We have a certified pedigree and all of the dogs on there going back 3 generations are all from Classy Kennel. My husband always said if we were to get another shiba we would go back to where ours came from. I am now learning more about where our shiba came from, I am guessing Classy Kennel sold the sire and dam to the Michelle and she bred the litter our pup came from.
  • Yes, I did. What do you want to know?
  • We have a six month old Kai pup from Classy Kennel, and he is absolutely wonderful!

Marian doesn't respond to emails immediately - sometimes it takes her a few days to a week - but, overall, our experience with her was great. We could not ask for a smarter, more well-tempered or handsome dog than Yuma.
  • I have a 7+ year old Kai from Classy. I wouldn't let taking a day or two (or three...) deter you from her pups. If I recall, we did most of our interactions via the phone, but again - it's been 7+ years.

Marian was good to deal with, I met her multiple times, saw her dogs, facility, etc. I have no worries, and of the MI breeders, she's the one we strongly opted for (at the time). I like her conservative position on the genetics/registration of this breed.