127th AKIHO Honbuten Show in Saitama

Hey guys,

**UPDATED - here is the link: http://www.geocities.jp/shiraikennel/hq12F1.html

Does any one know the names of the dogs that won prizes at this show?
I searched all over the web ( in English ) and couldn't really find any info.
@TimKim ? @TheWalrus? :)

All i located was:

I wish I could go see this!

Thanks!
Lisa

Comments

• There is another thread on this forum that lists the three Meiyosho winners. As for those who won in the other categories, I couldn't say.
  • Not active in Akita, so don't keep track, sorry.
  • Okey thanks guys! :)
  • i have most of pics since my friend went to the show and took pics but I don't have any award information.
    I will try to gather some information when I have time.
    ^^
  • @timkim , thanks!
    Nothing urgent. I heard Shirai-san won 3 awards there but not Meiyosho.
    Just doing some research into which puppies now might be a little more desirable because of the last show, hehehe!
  • edited December 2012
    @timkim If you can find out if Beni Aoi Go was in that show, and what award she got, that would be nice. She sold for $19,500 USD at 8 months old after the spring HQ show, but I don't know if she was sold outside of Japan.
  • Beni Aoi Go wasn't at the show. She got first seat in previous show.
  • OMG I can't believe how much these dogs go for! They are amazing and absolutely beautiful. I'd be happy with the runt from the litter. But wow...that's crazy!
  • holy shit. 19,500?!
  • $19,500...thats too much for a dog in my opinion...thats a down payment on a house or even the price of a car...I can understand $2000 but anything beyond that and its getting to be too much...thats crazy
  • $19,500 is way too much for this dog. I understand if it's one of Meiyosho and age of 4-5 but it is way toooo much for the quality of dog.
    but I disagree with ShawnaMaire that anything beyond 2000. shipping charge for dog from Japan to U.S.A is 2000. I can't imagine that I can get any kind of good import for 2000. ^^ i can't believe someone actually bought this dog for 19,500 dollars.
  • Yeah, I agree with everything @timkim said.
  • Also on akitapedigree there is no info about the new owner of Beni Aoi Go Shirai. Eventually it getting updated from the new owner soon.
    Here is the link to Beni Aoi http://www.akitapedigree.com/details.php?id=69897

I also agree with @timkim
  • The rumored price of Bandou Tarou was $30k.

Stud's are being bought by groups and then studded out. They go to their respective new countries and win tittles only to be sold again to a new country. Also please remember our dollar is rather week right now. The price is still out of line but part is do to currency.
  • edited December 2012
    @*JackBurton* that's insane!

http://www.akitapedigree.com/details.php?id=63270
    He is a beautiful dog and from one of my favourite kennels.

Just bought my tickets to Japan, can't wait to find my pup.
    Hoping I don't have to remortgage my home to get him though!! LOL :)
  • No you wont at all. Breeders love it when people come to visit. Plus you'll save a grip of money since you do not need to ship. You'll just pay extra bagage fee.
  • @MapleTwinkie What dates are you flying?
  • I think it is acceptable to charge that much money for an adult dog that is a remarkable example of the breed but not for a youngster that has yet to develop. And who comes from lines which are already much too present in Europe at least. Just my 2 cents. Whoever pays this incredible amount of money on a 8 months old pup does a huge disservice to the breed, generating an ever increase of prices for dogs in Japan (prices which are already quite high). Luckily, this is just the exception, from what I know, and not the rule.
  • Wow, nice :)

My male JA (Tajo) descends from "Bandou Tarou Go Saginum Kensha"
    http://www.akitapedigree.com/details.php?id=73097

I'm really glad for that :)
  • Luckily for you (and me, I have him in the pedigree of 2 of our dogs) he is present just once. Unfortunately he has been and is being used extensively in Europe, you can hardly find a puppy now that doesn't have bandou tarou in his pedigree :-(
  • @tajo, the kennel name should be Saginuma Kensha.

@white_bear , I know Shirai/Musashi Aiwa dogs are hugely popular in Europe. Is there any interest in opening that up and looking at other breeders in Japan? There are SO many wonderful breeders and other bloodlines that can be introduced in Europe.
  • Well, surely there is interest in looking at other breeders in Japan in the case of european breeders that are truly interested in the good of the breed in the long term. But for most european breeders winning shows is essential so they generaly end up doing intensive linebreeding on Shirai or Musashi Aiwa or other famous lines just to make sure they don't screw it up and that is why these lines are so popular over here.
    Of course, people also have had difficulty finding Japanese breeders willing to send their dogs abroad (apart from those which are already popular) - either a question of culture or of little know how or language barrier or a mix.
    It's good that things have improved lately and new lines entered Europe but we are still a long way to go. If you know of any Japanese breeders willing to sell in Europe, please share!
  • @white_bear I know a really good guy in Korea who has contacts with many breeders in Japan, speaks the language, and understands the cultural differences. He can find the small obscure kennels and get a dog for you. He spent the better part of a month searching for the ideal adult for me to import, sending me new photos and prospects almost daily. He warned me when he thought a dog wasn't suitable for my goals rather than just trying to push a sale. He honestly told me the good and bad traits of each dog he presented. He even handled the negotiations and bargaining for me and got a very good price. I have been extremely happy with Bijozakura Go and grateful for his help. I'll send you his contact info if you want, just send me a message.
  • @white_bear.... I'm pretty sure I know who poeticdragon is talking about and he has one of my favorite red males. I would even recommend importing from Korea from him, honestly, even though I know you're looking into Japan.
  • LOL thank you, I think I know who you are talking about but please send me a pm @poeticdragon
  • @MapleTwinkie: I checked the Export Pet Degree and the name is Saginuma Kensha there :)