Just Juno!- November refresh

Cant believe I neglected to make Juno a thread! Well, here are some pics and a little bit about her:

Yamabushi no Momiji Juno is my female kai- from Haru's first litter, the 1st KKA litter born outside Japan. Her dad is Riki (still in Japan) and her brothers are Kyuubi and Sosuke (who looks a lot like her) and her sister is Taka, who is at Mijikai Kennels with Marsha. This litter was born the beginning of February 2011. This is how flippin adorable she was when we first picked her up:

Photobucket

Juno lives with me, my husband and daughter, two ancient and enduring cats and three other striped dogs here in the Green Mtn National Forest in Vermont, where she has grown into a perfect outdoor companion. We hike nearly every day in the mornings for an hour in the woods and take longer hikes on weekends. Juno has scaled 10 USGS summits here in Southern Vermont, as well as some challenging and long hikes to non-summit destinations such as lakes, sites of long-ruined settlements and just good walks with interesting names, like Rootbeer Ridge!
Photobucket

She is polite to the thru hikers we meet on the Long Trail and Appalachian Trail- she is unworried about odd smelling bearded guys with sticks and backpacks :) Her socialization is good, and she has been to area dog festivals, and shopping at dog friendly places like Orvis, as well as spending many days at work with me at the ski resort. She is pretty hunty...

Photobucket

She is an all-terrain dog, and swims easily and readily for fun. She climbs up on blown down trees and scrambles ledges when we're bagging peaks.

Juno also has taken some family dog classes, passed her CGC and has dabbled in lure coursing.
Photobucket

I think she is quite possibly the most beautiful dog in the world- certainly to me. :)
Photobucket

and I love to do everything with her, I love that she is rugged and athletic and smart, and I love that she is affectionate and deeply bonded to me and me to her.
Photobucket

Comments

• Love those pictures. :)

• The pictures are amazing! Juno is a beautiful girl! She sounds amazing and I am happy you have each other =)
  • I think she's just gorgeous and such a great outdoor/indoor companion!
  • swimmin- no matter what the weather...
    Its cold & snowy and the pond has ice forming to about 20 feet out, but that  doesnt stop Juno from taking a swim. after wards, she "dried"herself by rolling in the snow like a nut!
  • I seriously HEART Juno... I just do. Don't know why, but I heart her :)
  • Man I want a puppy from here she is awesome!
  • What a precious Kai! She is so pretty!
  • OMG!!! I hadn't seen puppy pictures of her!! She was/is SOooo cute!! She is definitely a beauty!!
  • Aw, Juno is beautiful. :)
  • I LOVE to see pics of Juno! :o)

We're very proud of her.
  • She is gorgeous, and I love how active you all are! Those puppy pics are amazing--I mean, she doesn't even look real she was so cute!

Yay Juno! She certainly is a good match for her name!
  • edited December 2012
    She has so much sass in the photos.

Did you have to teach her to swim or did she just do it?
  • Juno is awesome. :)
  • Love the swimming picture amazing how they do fine in it even when it has snowed!

Saya has wandered into the creek and walked and swam a bit snow was on the ground, but she was on a mission to get the leaf floating in the water! lol

She comes out shakes off and she dries pretty quickly. I always bring a towel anyways to help in case. So far she has had no problem with it.

She is so lucky to have a great home like this. I wish I had forest for Saya to roam in..

rafatturi she is spayed I believe. Unless you were saying that in a sense if she was able to I'd want a puppy from her. hehe

I agree she is beautiful kai ken and so adventurous. I like both her parents too.
  • Love the June-bug!!
  • edited December 2012
    Love the swimming picture!
  • Juno is awesome! I love his colour..
  • Thanks! Maybe I should round up some new photos to share of her...
  • @WrylyBrindle Yes, please (and some new Matsu photos, too!). :)
  • edited January 2013
    Here's a few recent pictures of Juno:

One of the best tails in Kaidom. She is scratching the snow to sniff the scent in layers below. Very astute, Juno!

Photobucket

Juno and Matsu hear something down in the hollow.
    Photobucket

Juno with Reilly on top of the Big Rock in the bramble field
    Photobucket

"Juuuu-no, COME!!" :) She's the perfect outdoor sidekick. "Best in Snow" ;)
    Photobucket

On my desk, so she can help me...such a kai!
    Photobucket
  • Juno is so gorgeous. Thanks for posting more pictures of her.
  • I love Juno!
  • I so love that last picture, she has such a sweet face. :) (*) :x
  • Whooo tail! Love it!
  • She is such a beauty! :)
  • What a superstar! You have much to be proud of!
  • thank you!
    I think she loves her life here and all the stuff we do. Juno is my closest dog. :)

She loves Matsu, and she is my shadow at home. I got up to let Matsu out to pee in the middle of the night, and she came with us (because she does what I do). I didnt turn on the light when I put Matsu back in his crate and then I noticed Juno wasn't on the bed- in fact I went back thru the house and couldnt find her anywhere. All was quiet. I thought maybe I forgot to let her back inside. Nope- she had just slipped into Matsu's crate with him and they were cuddled up in there!
  • Wow Juno is such a beautiful Kai. She's the perfect little adventure buddy for you :ar!
    Really cute that she went and cuddled up with Matsu too!
  • She does have a particularly lovely tail! :)

Juno is adorable in general, though.