Adult Shikoku male available

Peggy at O'Ikon Kennels posted on the shikoku facebook group that this dog is available and looking for a new home. He is ~5 years old and is neutered, and currently lives in Nevada. He is by Tekai and out of Sweety (so a full brother to my dog Kuma, but from a different litter).

I can attest that my dog is a wonderful dog, super loving, very good with all people and most other dogs; very trainable temperament, will to please. His brother may very well be similar in temperament.

http://shikokudog.com/ownership

Comments

• He's very handsome! Love the markings on him... and he looks quite happy.

I hope he finds a good home soon! :)
  • He looks handsome! :) Too bad his owner is relocating.

I hope he gets a good home that is active and love shikoku breed.
  • I wish I could have another dog... I'd take him. He looks like a sweet dog. :\
  • As it turns out, I'm going to be in a position to take on another dog--I'm moving and my brother has convinced me to leave Russell with him.

I have always really loved the Shikoku breed (it was a Shikoku who brought me here, after all!) and would love to open my home to one... but I know there must be someone who has been waiting for a Shikoku that is interested in adopting this dog... so I feel like I should be sitting out this round and just revel in only having one dog to take car of until my Kishu comes. :x
  • I have two wonderful friends that are interested in him. Please let me know what I need to do to get them in touch with the owners. Thanks :)
  • @yoshikoku

"TAKODA" mature Shikoku male, neutered & UTD on shots. For adoption info, please contact Monica at costano61@hotmail.com
  • @Crispy.....go for it! We all know you've been waiting and waiting for the right time for an NK, and maybe this is it! You'd be great!
  • @Crispy Go! I know you would give this dog a wonderful home. Plus, you don't have to potty train :)

I just found a puppy but would have jumped on this amazing opportunity!
  • @Crispy, I agree with the above statements.... go for it =)
  • edited November 2012
    @Crispy, and I can attest to the fact that TK x Sweety make wonderful offspring.

....and since you know Mura and Paul, my Kuma is the reason that Paul got Mura in the first place....he came to my place to meet a shikoku and fell in love with my Kuma dog (full brother to this available dog), and after that signed up to be on the waiting list for a shikoku, and later got Mura.
  • @crispy do it! A shikoku all trained and waiting for you? Do it!
  • @crispy--do the four plan!!!
  • Haha! Such support. :) I suppose a little ol' email wouldn't hurt...
  • Kris's Kuma is so sweet and well mannered. I'm sure his brother is equally amazing.
  • @crispy is it to early to ask if you heard back yet?
  • @cdenny @Zinja @ttddinh @jellyfart @Edgewood @Kuma123 @shibamistress

First off, you're welcome for all being tagged in this reply.
    Secondly, you're all very bad influences (and thank you for it)!
    Thirdly, I did hear back from Takoda's mom. :) She's a very nice lady so I wanted to get some of the things people think are "deal breakers" about my household out in the open before she got too involved with me just in case. For instance, I'm moving to a five room apartment (though there is a yard and my landlord is SUPER awesome and loves dogs) and I DO have cats and I am almost an entire continent away from her and Takoda and I know some people feel more comfortable rehoming a dog someplace closer to home.

I asked a bit about his temperament, but not about his health yet. I figured I'd ask more about him once I got the second reply.

We'll see from here! I'm excited to see how it works out for Takoda. :)
    I cannot imagine how hard it is to rehome your best friend. My heart goes out to her and I hope I'm a good fit for him. :D
  • @crispy AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • *squeeeeee*
  • double *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
  • @Crispy, I am so glad you emailed and you heard back from her =) Hopefully it will all work out and Takoda will get to come live with you! My fingers are crossed that it is a good fit all around!! Good luck!
  • Yay! I hope it is a good fit for you! And I hear you about just getting everything out in the open. I did that while looking for Akitas (and that's probably why a lot of them dismissed me right away! Ha!)
  • Yayyyyyy jumping on the bandwagon here. How exciting! :D
  • Lol "squeeeeeee "
  • Woohooo! :-D Please keep us updated on what you hear!
  • I just thought I'd update you guys...

So I heard back from Monica (Takoda's mom) and I think I'm actually going to end up fostering him.
    I'm not exactly clear on what's going to go on yet, but she mentioned in one of our emails that she would prefer to find a foster home but she didn't think it was an option... so I let her know that fostering is totally an option on my end and she seemed very excited. :)

She's going to email me back on Monday. :D
  • Oh darn! We could totally adopt an adult male Shikoku. Or foster. I don't want to snake your chance at this though, Crispy. Are you able to drive to Nevada to pick Takoda up? I'd have to put him on a plane.
  • edited November 2012
    @Kenshi - I say it can't hurt to send an email if you're interested. There'll be no hard feelings here. It's all about finding what Takoda needs, after all. :) I'm not sure how long for fostering she's looking for. I just wanted to update everyone on what I knew since I knew there were interested parties.

I'll have to put him on a plane to get him to my location if I'm picked. Takoda's mom said that she did have a few inquiries, so I think she is looking for the best possible set up for him.
  • If it's a quick thing where he needs a place to go right away, we could take him here until one of you can get him. I only offer this because we're close to Nevada.

----