Toshiko (Toshi) puppy pics!

edited November 2012 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)

2012-11-25_15-55-14_572

2012-11-26_13-04-10_943

We had such a long trip (Ohio to Georgia) and got caught in traffic in Virgina, but she was so well behaved and slept for most of the trip. She's warming up to her new home and loving the area outside. She's chewing on everything she can reach lol! She's so playful and loving and well behaved it's amazing. Thank you again to Stacey at Suteishii Kennels for this amazing girl! I'll be spamming the forums often with pictures of her, so be prepared :D

Comments

• Glad you guys made it home safely.
  • Yup just got back from taking her to the vet and she was in top condition! The vet never heard of the breed, so I sat and spoke with her about the origins of the Kai. Everything is set up for her next two appointments and I'll start her on heartworm meds after the next visit because it doesn't get cold enough here to kill the mosquitoes. She was so well behaved at the vet and everyone loved her! Such a perfect puppy :)
  • Glad to hear you are all home and doing well. I have Toshi's uncle, Tora's brother. I love to watch his nieces and nephews grow up.
  • Glad you guys made it home safely! :)
  • YAY! Congrats again :) Glad she's doing great and that you're loving her!
  • Congratulations! So glad everything went so well and y'all had a good trip!
  • She was always a pro at the vet. She would run around the whole office to greet everyone. Even though it freezes here, I keep mine on heart worm preventative year round.
  • Congratulations! She's really cute!!
  • Glad to hear you made it home safe with her, she's beautiful! I have her half sister (Ren from Suteishii's Tora x Yamambushi's Tora), it'll be cool to see how she grows and the similarities :)
  • awww she is so cute! :) Looking forward to getting updates! :)
  • I love that second picture!!
    Congratulations! Toshiko is adorable! :)
  • Congrats :)!
  • Last night was pretty sad :( I introduced her to the wire kennel and she screamed bloody murder for 15 minutes before settling down and going to sleep. In the morning, I rewarded her with a treat when I opened the door to hopefully build some positive reinforcement with it. Should I have let her out instead of leaving her in there, or did I do the right thing? I feel so bad after that and I could hear the hurt and sadness in her voice while she was in there.
  • Do not cave in. You did the right thing in staying strong. They always scream at first to try to get you to let them out. It will be better since you did not give in to her. You can give her a treat when you put her in for the night. It also helps to get her to play real hard before she goes to bed so she is real tired.
  • Yeah I was playing with her before hand and I guess she had more energy than she let on. I guess a treat for going in and a treat for coming out in the morning should help. I feel bad for my neighbors though. They probably thought I was killing her.
  • It will get better. They are a smart breed and figure things out pretty quick.