Our new puppy at 30 days: Kunoichi (女)

Here’s a photo of our new puppy at 30 days as taken by the breeder. We'll pick her up in two weeks! Our daughter had first choice and decided on the (one & only) black and tan female of the litter. More photos to come when she arrives home here in Victoria, BC.! We’ve decide to call her Kunoichi (女).

Photobucket

Comments

• Waw so cute congrats!
  • Awww congratulations! I haven't seen a Shikoku with that pure of B&T coloration yet, going to be super interesting watching him grow up!
  • Congrats!
  • edited November 2012
    Congrats! She's way cute!!! You live in Victoria?! I went there for vacation two summers ago and it was AMAZING!!! Still can't get over the Liege Waffle sold on the dock by the Hotel Grand! It's my husband's dream to move to Victoria or Tofino. Again, congrats on your pup!!

@cezieg You haven't seen Beth's ( @Calia ) B&T Shikoku? She's ChoCho's litter mate. :)
  • Aww! She is cute. :)
  • edited November 2012
    Yay, another B/T shikoku on the forum!! My Miyu is a B/T shikoku and I have to say, this color is incredibly striking on these dogs. Be forewarned, you will get a lot of "Is that a Shibu Emu?" questions about her, which I used to never hear when people inquired about Tetsu (who is a shiba).

Edit: @Hinata23 - I haven't really been updating the forum lately about my pups, basically been posting in FB, lol. I'm going to have to post an update now
  • @Hinata23 @Calia Oh wow she's beautiful, somehow I never saw her more than maybe once! Funny that people guess that she's a Shiba, although after being a member here it's easy to tell the difference. People at the dog park today asked if Ren was a black Shiba or a black fox lol.
  • @Calia I'll echo @cezieg - Miyu is a wonderful Shikoku! We’re really looking forward to seeing our’s grow up!
  • Congratulations and the best of luck! We just got our Kai pup this weekend and boy oh boy are times exciting! I've never seen a B & T Shikoku before. Unique amongst rare she seems.
  • *UPDATE* Here she is at 8 weeks (and finally at home with us)!Photobucket
  • edited December 2012
    One more (Guard Dog Duty!)Photobucket
  • Ack! So cute
  • Yeah I agree with everyone else awsome colors and stupid cute! Congrats!
  • Awwwww! So adorable! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! She's super cute, really liking her "It's cool, I got this" expression she has lol. Very cool puppy :)
  • Congrats!! :)
  • Congrats she looks beautiful please keep us updated on how she does. :)
  • edited January 2013
    How is she doing?? I have one of her sisters at home with me in Minnesota! :-)
  • Aww! SO sweet!
  • Hi ashley26,
    She is doing really well! Great to hear from you. We have been taking her to puppy socialization classes every Wednesday night and she continues to amaze all that attend. People included ;) What a handful she has turned out to be (no surprise)!

Here is a shot from a few weeks ago...

imagephoto Kuno_zps00a36f3c.jpg
  • One more from an old iPhone…

photo Kuno3_zpsa5bf1dd0.jpg
  • She looks amazing!
  • Kunoichi looks amazing. We all fell in love with her early on. She has such nice markings. This is Kimi's second black and tan pup; she had one in her first litter with Kuma a few years ago. I am very happy to see she is in a nice home and doing well.
  • Thank you Mac! Your comments mean a lot to us. We are sooo happy to have Kuno with our family! We'll be sure to keep everyone posted as she grows! What a wonderful dog she is!!!!

P.S. We'd love to meet other black/tan Shikoku Inu as well!

• @Calia is the only other owner I know of that has a black & tan Shikoku.

Jesse
  • OK Jesse: I guess then, we are out of luck! :(
  • Doesn't mean I'm write @Flamadiddle. Shikoku in general are hard to come by, so finding them as B&T would be even more difficult. Enjoy her puppyhood. They grow up so fast!

Jesse