Kinda excited someone get her UKC pedigree in the mail

edited November 2012 in Akita (秋田犬)
I'm too lazy to change the watermark. They also forgot to add any of the registration numbers from Akiho so K my get another pedigree in the near future lol

Comments

• They didn't include the foreign registries on my Jindo's UKC pedigree. I had assumed that was the norm for them?
  • aykayk
    edited November 2012
    So when will I be seeing JA's at a UKC shows? :-) I think there's one in Claremont the weekend before the AKIHO show.
  • It's kinda lame when Ayame go and Oka go are "not ukc registered" when in fact I approved their applications lol.

I wrote them an email and pointed out that having foreign registration numbers is key because it tells people where their dogs came from. The more involved a person is the better their chances of staying with a certain kennel club. From a practical standpoint it doesn't effect JACA or Akiho at all. We breed within the clubs for the most part. But, as people grow with UKC it is critical that they have that information so they can make educated breeding choices.
  • edited November 2012
    I hope not because that would mean that Kaede didn't go into heat or get preggers. Currently I am busting my butt to get the JACA show converted into a single breed show.
  • edited November 2012
    hooray! Toki got his in the mail today, too. Made my day :)
  • question, why didn't they add the kennels on the pedigree? Like, "sara go shirai" was printed as just "sara go". Was there a reason for this?
  • Maybe it was how the pedigree was submitted on the application?

They normally do include the entire name. I just included a copy of the Export pedigree instead of trying to hand-write the names in on a single registration application form. Some of the names are really long, too.
  • Congrats to both Kaede and Toki! :) Glad to see JA's being recognized as their own breed.
  • Depends on what pedigree was sent in. Dogs that had export pedigrees will have the full names. Akiho drops the full name in generations after the sire and dam. Toki would be an Akiho pedigree since he was born here.

Now that we have a breed, standard, and pedigrees... I can now explain a couple of the decisions that I had to make along the way.

The big one was registration. I could have easily just registered LA Branch and JACA as a foundation stock and just submitted a list. It got to a point where I almost said screw it and put in for every dog from the mid 80s for LA-Branch and onward. Pat had issued JACA pedigrees. UKC was cool with a historical list of dogs as well as live dogs. While it would have been neat, I felt that the two clubs have come a long way in just a few short years and the current membership should enjoy this. I'm glad I went this route as we registered just over 65 dogs. If I chased down everyone we would have been around 90. Plus we shouldn't have different rules than the general public registering with UKC.

The negative to that, was all the different types of pedigree's being submitted. We had JKC, AKC, a couple of UKC, Akiho, 1 litter registered with two dogs being registered UKC, TKC (United Kingdom, FCI/Mexico, and four Akiho in Japanese. So I kinda had a feeling that this might happen.

• Weird.

I got both of my dogs and tachi's had full names with kennel and Karin has name only.

• Tim, yours is easy to explain. Everything is based off of the paper pedigree submitted. Except when the pedigree is in a language other than English. Karin's Akiho pedigree was in English and all Akiho pedigrees in English have names without Kennel Names. Tachi's was in Japanese and I provided the English version from our database. That version had long Dog Name Go Kennel Name.
  • I got mine today... Buy Ghidora's name is all mushed together as one word. Looks terrible. :/
  • @poeticdragon Are you able to get a reprint but with correct name spacing?
  • I'm willing to bet that they did it because his name is so long (read: probably not). Its a question for @*JackBurton* though. If it was just his pedigree I wouldn't care, but its going to be that way on all his descendants too probably... Ugh.
  • aykayk
    edited November 2012
    UKC is suppose to have a 30 character limit so Ghidora's is way over.
  • Claire could you screen shot how they did the name. This is how I put the name in:

Photo 1 is my registration sheet to UKC:

Photo 2 is his the name on his export pedigree:

I cannot remember how it was written on the form you turned in and I didn't make copies of those. Honestly this turned out to be a huge pain for me. Like I said earlier I had to follow the registration requirements which ment that I needed to work off the pedigree. For the most part the seemed to work off the pedigrees. Unless is was a dog from the old Akiho cards, or a pedigree in Japanese, or the new litter.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have printed each pedigree out from our database. Even though that wouldn't be 100% because of the practice of swapping letters. IE "w" for "u" for "h" etc.
  • edited November 2012
    It says BOUKYOU NOTORAGOMIYAGIKOZAKIKENSHA. One of his ancestors also has a smooshed name. I know his name is long (34 characters currently), but I'd rather they drop "KENSHA" than take out the spaces. Or spell it Bōkyō.
  • lol ok that sucks. Poor Boukyou Notgoingtofitonthispedigreeatall. :)
  • edited July 2013
    I got it fixed! I changed Boukyou to Bokyou and dropped Kensha from the end of the name in order to make it fit. Exactly 30 letters including spaces.