Ritsu's adjustment (big progress)

Well, I have put off spilling the news. I figure now is as good a time as any to say we are very excited for the arrival of Ritsu tomorrow. Ritsu has always been my favorite of the male imports and I feel honored that Brad and Jen are allowing him to come here.

Comments

• Oh boy! Im excited for you and for your program! :) Welcome Ritsu! Stacey will take great care of you!
  • edited November 2012
    OMG! Ritsu is my favorite! His brindle is so nice!
  • Awesome!! Who are you breeding him with? Wait, are you going to be his new home or is he staying just for breeding purposes? Either way, YAY for Ritsu pups. He's a manly kai :)
  • It will be hard to say goodbye to him, but I think this is a great move for the breed and will give you an exception male to use! :o)
  • Oh cool! Ritsu is gorgeous! Congrats!
  • Ohhhhh congratulations Stacey! Ritsu seems like an awesome guy :)
  • Congrats!
  • His new home. He will be a HUGE asset to my breeding program, and a benefit to the east coast breeding population. It will be a year before I have another litter. Gotta give Tora some time off from puppy rearing.
  • Oh I'm so happy this finally worked out. I think he will do well with other dogs around. I do hope it all works out.

It's kinda cool. You have Koda's sister and Mikas dad. Ritsu makes mighty fine babies. :-)
  • Congrats! Ritsu is handsome
  • Congrats hope Ritsu does well let us know how he is settling in his new home. :)
  • Just dropped Ritsu off at the airport.
  • @Brada1878 You are one tough person... Hope he arrives safely and loves his new home!
  • Sending lots of good vibes to Ritsu, congrats Stacey!
  • Can't wait for his arrival!!! This is as exciting as waiting for puppies to arrive. He will be spoiled like the rest.
  • Congratulations!! How exciting!
  • Congrats Stacey! Ritsu is in my top ten in favorite male Kai list. He is so handsome.
  • Congrats! Ritsu is a stud for sure :) ~
  • Yay! Congratulations Stacey!!! All our best wishes for you and Ritsu!!! :oD
  • Ritsu has made it here safely. He is a little freaked to say the least. We did take a short walk, and he was nervous about coming into the house. He did start to un-tuck his tail and look around a little. I let him go back in his crate and fed him some dinner. We will give him some time alone to de-compress.
  • Ah, Ritsu, chin-up buddy. This is a good move for you.

I sent him with his blanket, that's been his blanket for awhile. It should help him know his crate is "his". If you move him to a new crate, I would move his blanket too... at least for a little while.

Also, he was clean, he got a bath... but then I found him rolling in the dirt this am :o( (sorry)

----
  • No problem. He is fine. I figured that was his blanket. He will def get to keep his blanket. all of mine have their favorite sleeping blanket in their crates. For now he will stay in his airline crate. Once he is more comfortable I will move him into a crate in the dog room with the others. I don't want to overload him at this point. We will take things slowly and move at his pace.
  • Went to check on him. He came to the front of the crate and happily took some cheese I offered him. He then laid down and closed his eyes. I think the poor guy is worn out from his long day.
  • Poor Ritsu. Hopefully he'll adjust quickly :)
  • Aww! Glad he made it safe and sound. Ritsu has always been my favourite, so I am glad he is closer. :)
  • He is settling in. I actually got a nudge when I stopped petting him. @sunyata - if I ever do make it to visit I will def bring him along.
  • YAY! I am so glad he made it safely!
  • edited November 2012
    We are making progress. He willing came out of the crate this morning. When we were outside, he finally had his tail up. He was peeing on a bush when a bird flew out and startled him. He came right to me for re-assurance that everything was ok. I of course have a death grip on the lead at all times. He met the rest of the pack through the front of his crate.
  • Thanks for posting about RItsu's adjustment. I like reading about him just because I like him, but I think there is incredible value to you posting his progress for those who are getting new non-puppy kai. It helps show how its done and what is reasonable to expect! Good work and congratulations Stacey, and welcome to the East side, Ritsu! :)
  • Glad he is doing better.