Guess the mix, just got a flikr set up for when my puppy comes testing out some pics

Ok so last summer my sister found a mutt puppy and my grandparents let her keep him. At first he looked like a GS mix which is typically gs's are everywhere (that and pitts).

These pics are from last christmas, at this point in time we were thinking maybe a coyote/dog mix because we couldn't think of any breeds that look like this. A few months later my dad got him DNA tested just to satisfy some curiosity. I will tell you what we found out in a day or two :P

111224_211059

111224_214147

111224_210416

Comments

• Cute dog! I'm guessing some sort of husky mix. Face looks husky mix to me, but who knows?

I know coyote dog mixes occur occasionally, but I think they're pretty rare.
  • Nice looking dog. Husky and GSD?
  • I would guess Swedish Vallhund x
  • oh and full grown he is about 45 pounds
  • Collie mix of some type or English shepard
  • Im also going with collie type dogs in the mix. Mostly bc of the last pic. hes probably a bunch of things. I dont really think the DNA breed tests are all they are cracked up to be though.
  • In the last pic it especially looks like a WSL
  • Yeah I definitely see some collie.
  • Guessing collie, husky and gsd mix :p
  • Ok according to the Dna test, whether or not you trust them is entirely a different story. 1/2 of the dog is 100% malamute all the way (which explains the primitive behavior he exhibits also part of why dad thought it might be part coyote.)

Now the other half was a large mixture but Belgium Malinois and Australian cattle dog were "identified" (

At the time I had never heard of a Belgium Malinois but I totally think it and Malamute are possible, but also needed some sort of smaller breeds to make him smaller.
  • I could see Malamute... if mixed with a MUCH smaller herding breed with really delicate features (Border Collie X or similar?). Other Malamute mixes usually have chunky/meaty paws, blocky heads and smallish ears, but there's a 1/2 Malamute, 1/2 Border Collie that comes to camp that has a rather narrow head and larger ears than I'd expect on a Mal mix.

He's only a little larger than some Sibes that come to Camp, and even then, he's usually just taller than them.

Compared to my Mal, London who's usually about double the size of some of the Sibes and has a much larger/heavier head/overall shape.
  • He's ridiculously adorable, he looks like a life sized stuffed animal.... just a life sized stuff animal that will take your head off. He's great with family or if you smell like you're family I've only seen him like 4 times( I haven't lived at home in years). He's just under socialized that's his problem. Great with my 7 year old sister real soft and sweet, but he gets bored and will take himself for a walk if you quit paying attention to him.
  • I guessed husky because he didn't look at big as a Malamute. I dont see Malinois myself, but....

Looks like a lot of really beautiful "huskies" you see in Alaska, often as sled dogs. In AK huskie does not mean Siberian, it means some variety of husky or malamute or some sort of spitz mixed with who knows what. But they are really beautiful, like he is!
  • I guess that colours threw me off. In the original photos you posted, he looks brown.
    In the subsequent photos he's definately something more husky/malamute as per the coat colours.