Kitsu spam!

Hi everyone! I keep meaning to become more active on this forum but life has been just crazy the past couple years. We're now in Washington D.C. and Kitsu is almost five years old. I was going though my digital photos this morning and put together a bunch of cute Kitsu pics for your enjoyment. I also have some videos that I'll try to post soon....

In puppy jail:

In jail

Kitsu and Zara:

Kitsu and Zara

Cooling off - summer in Florida!

Cooling off on the kitchen floor

Gangly teenager:

Gangly teenager

The scrawny-and-gangly phase (about five months old here):

Gangly

Being a good dog with Zara (normally her fave chew toy):

Kitsu and Zara

A rare moment of peace with Allie (our dear departed Elkhound):

Kitsu and Allie

All grown up (one year old):

All grown up

Sulking about the impending bath:

Sulking about the impending bath

Napping position #1 (aka 'the world is my gynecologist'):

Naptime (aka, 'the world is my gynecologist')

Slightly more elegant napping position #2:

A slight

Comments

• CUTE! I love her sleeping in the shower! It's so darn cute!
  • "the world is my gynecologist" lolz
  • Haaa gotta love the awkward teenage stage, so cute lol. She's a really pretty girl, the curled up sleeping is my favorite, I love when my Kai sleeps like that :)
  • waw she is so cute! that black ring around her eyes remind me of Jiro @brada1878
  • Welcome to Dc! If there are more people in the DMV area we should do a meet up! Kitsu is adorable!
  • Oh my, I love the last photo.
  • Thanks everyone! It's fun to show her off - we just love her to pieces, and the PTSD from her puppy stage has finally worn off to the point where I can laugh about it.

@Hinata23 - She's definitely sulking, not sleeping. Note the dirty look she's throwing me.

@cdenney - Where in DC are you? We're in Bethesda - would love a meet up some time!

Here come the videos....
  • edited October 2012
    Okay - I've been meaning to amass a collection of short vid clips of Kitsu's various wierdnesses. Here's what I've got so far...would love to hear from other Shika owners if yours does same and/or if you have any insights into what's going on in that cute little head of hers:

First, a video to prove that she is a normal and good doggie when she wants to be (I am just out of frame holding a very high-value toy):

This is a mild one on the weirdness scale, but I guess I'm still used to our previous dog (a Norwegian Elkhound) who was incredibly food-motivated. I suspect that what's going on when she 'noses' her bowl around (or tries to nose the carpet up over the bowl) is an attempt to hide or bury her food for later:

The growl-purr - she does this only when she's very relaxed and I rub her ears or nose with my face. In this vid we're also having a little growly back-and-forth conversation. The growling can occasionally get very intense and almost scary (sometimes she even bares her teeth a bit) but it always culminates in her kissing my face and sighing happily...

• @Magmagal That's how ChoCho (shikoku) looks at me when I walk in on her sleeping in a weird place lol
  • awww....she is so cute!!
  • Very pretty!
  • Aww she's really pretty, love the video where she's going through her commands, so attentive! The "talking" is really cute too :)
  • She is very pretty! And the obedience video is definitely a typical shikoku, who are very motivated to work for food (or hopeful that if they do the commands well they will get food!).

I would say that she is a talker in that growly video. I have one of those too, she makes all sorts of noise, some woo woos, but some that sound like growling but really are not growling, just her talking. And then the kisses like Kistu gave.
  • @magmagal I'm in dunn loring va(right next to tysons corner) but cabin john park has a nice dog park with a big dog/ little dog side and its not super busy once real winter hits. How did you do with Sandy? Do you have power?
  • @cdenney - we were going to the Cabin John park but I let our membership lapse - I like the dog park in Shirlington better and I think Kitsu does too. Did fine during the storm - power flickered a bit but didn't go out, amazingly (I was without for four days after the derecho). How about you?
  • @magmagal I haven't been to the one in shirlington (where is it) though the one right near me is cute if a bit small (vienna). We lost power for a few hours at night but this storm wasn't anything like this summers just a gust or two.