Hana

edited October 2012 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Hello! I'm excited to say that after bugging Brad and Jen, we are adopting Hana! I was having a hard time debating between waiting for a puppy or adopting Hana or Sachiko from Brad and Jen, and for sure I thought I was going to adopt Sachiko. Hana didn't even come into the picture until much later/recently. Sachiko was super cute in her personality and funny, and her eyes in photos really drew me in, but sometimes these things have a weird way of working out, and in the end it was Hana we decided was the best fit for us. At first it was a strange feeling, because in some ways it felt like I betrayed Sachiko, but I feel really good about Hana.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited, and she'll be coming home next month!

Hana's photo from Brad's facebook is all I have right now, but it keeps me going. She's very pretty :)

Comments

• Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!! Ok who is Hana again? An import from last March?
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats :)!
  • edited October 2012
    We are super happy that Hana will be going to live with @thegela. She will do MUCH better in a pet home where she has less dogs to share her environment with. She's such a sweet little girl! VERY pretty too!

@tjbart17 - She was imported with Sachi. She is from Ogawa-san's program. She's really a nice female, she is just a bit stressed having to share her home with 20 other dogs. So, we have to do what is right for her. Really, it is the rare few we have here that can live in such a large group.

----
  • edited October 2012
    Poor girly. I'm sure she'll enjoy all the extra attention!

Sad to see Sachi go as well... The other day I was thinking of an excuse to drag Goro (when he matures) your way Brad ( @brada1878 ) and have him hook up with Sachi... She's the Kai I've always loved for the little monster! Even though she was shy when we met her, she made an impression on me. Hope she finds an awesome home!
  • @hinata23 I know what you mean! She totally made an impression on me as well~ (despite the fact I never got to meet her in person...) but I too hope she'll find an amazing home. :) I'm sad I can't take her myeslf..

@brada1878 Thank you so much for the opportunity to share my life with her! I'm soooooo excited :) November can't come soon enough!
  • @brada1878 That's what I thought, but I get lost in my older age. All these new Kais to follow.
  • edited October 2012
    Congrats! The picture does not do her justice. She is a such pretty girl, much prettier in person... Photographing a kai is tough.

Snf
  • Congrats!!! It's hard to imagine she is prettier than that picture. She is quite striking!
  • She's a lot cleaner now than in that picture too! LOL
  • Wooo congratulations! I got an email about her a few weeks back and was really taken by how beautiful she is. She looks and sounds like a great pup, I doubt you'll miss the hourly bathroom breaks you'd have with a puppy too lol.
  • Congrats! She's a beautiful Kai girl.
  • I love a happy ending.
  • Congratulations! We got to meet her once, she's a lovely girl. :)
  • Congratulations!

Man, there must be something about the Kai. They are spreading inexorably to more and more homes. :)
  • @thegela Congratulations on becoming a Kai owner! Also I'm glad Hana ended up being the right fit for you because now I get to take home Sachi! Best of luck in this next chapter with Hana! :D
  • She is a lovely girl, and very sweet too! You'll love her! Congrats!
  • She is stunning! Congratulations!

• thanks everyone! @cdenney that is SO cool! I'm actually going away on vacation for 4 weeks to Thailand, so I won't be able to receive her till we come back, but I CAN"T WAIT! The vacation is exciting because we'll be rock climbing, and trekking through the jungle and stuff, but coming back will be the start of the best adventure ever :)
  • @WhoBitMe there is TOTALLY something about Kais. For me it was something very very small, that gradually grew and took over my heart :)
  • @thegela I love Thailand are you staying on mainland or going on the islands? In Bangkok there is the saxphone off of triumph circle, amazing live bluesy bands and lumpini market (called something else but is off lumpini, night market has live shows a must see!)granted if you've been before I'm sure you've been to some! I highly recommend scuba off phuket too, I'm so jealous. I think its worth the wait, relax and vacay then come home to an awesome new adventure! I also had to delay with Sachi because of prior obligations, I wish they were as cool as yours!
  • @cdenney haha aww~ they're only cool because this will be my honeymoon! (got married last month) I couldn't go on my honeymoon right away because of work (I work contract) so the timing is a bit awkward, but it's now or never! haha! i've actually never been to thailand and will definitely look into your suggestions! sounds awesome! we'll be on the mainland and on the islands. (2.5 weeks of thailand, and a couple days in cambodia) so hopefully we really soak in everything thailand has to offer! :D

i'm so happy i get to follow sachi's growth as well through you on the forum! :)
  • @thegela OMG Congratulations!
  • @cdenney haha thank you!! :) (i'll be honest with you tho... i was a little more excited about dog preparations than wedding preparations... hahaha)
  • @thegela wait until you have kids :)

You'll get swimming lessons for the puppy but throw the kids into the pool. lol
  • I love Thailand too....Koh Samui in particular. Have fun!
  • @zinja HAHAH!!! i can see that happening...
    @shibamistress thank you! and yes! i've heard good things about koh samui!! seems like everyone loves thailand! :D
  • Congratulations on the dog and the wedding! Hope you have a great time in Thailand and Cambodia. I lived in Thailand for 2-years and have visited Cambodia about 20 times since 1992. If you get a chance check out Kampot and Kep in the south of Cambodia.