Kurenai is a momma!

Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been scarce for these last few months, but if you saw my facebook recently, you can pretty much understand why. I took Lindsay's advice and we tried breeding a Shikoku to a Shikoku (novel idea really...:-) ). Sixty days later, Kurenai had a litter of 3 fat and vocal females. Everything about the process seemed to go smooth sailing. Considering we brought her to him, I was hesitant that she would be receptive to his advances, but we all know Kaiju is legendary with his mounting. However, Kurenai did give him a run for his money.

I'll post pictures up from my phone when I can to detail the whole journey but here's the summary pic from FB for now. Big thanks to Corina, Theresa, Brad, and Jen for being so helpful and available at any time of the day to answer my questions.

Jesse

Comments

• I'm glad somebody takes my advice seriously, lol.

Congratulations! What an outstanding result (all females), she's a beautiful bitch, and way to break the dry spell ;) Don't tell Kurenai that her man has a secret family.
  • Congrats! That is pretty spiffy.
  • edited September 2012
    @shikokuspirit-- you gotta upload the video where Kurenai started mounting and really humping kaiju...it was hilarious.

Congrats btw....@crimson02 be careful u r going to get attached to all that cuteness! :)
  • Don't worry Theresa...all I have to remember is:
    1.) Razor sharp puppy teeth and teething
    2.) Potty training and bladder control
    3.) Crate training
    4.) Socialization

That alone tempers my resolve to getting attached. I will still name them temporarily with K names...befitting of their KxK parents. Current names in the running are:
    Kiyoshi (fat one)
    Katara (middle child)
    Korra (skinny with darker streaks)

Jesse
  • YES. USE THOSE NAMES.
  • Well, that's definitely one positive spin to the triple-K. Congrats, good luck and have fun raising this litter! I bet they're going to be feisty.
  • I love those names! See, the names make much more sense when it's not from 9 yr old. :)
  • Congrats Jesse!
  • Woo congratulations! Mom looks very healthy and content, those puppies will grow up to be very beautiful :) Great names too!
  • Congratulations!!!
  • LoL, we know someone is definitely an Avatar fan ;P If only you were closer, I would be snuggling those pups everyday. Congrats again!!
  • Awww! :) Go Kaiju!

Congrats, Jesse. They are adorable!
  • Thanks everyone!
    It's amazing just how instinctive Kurenai's maternal habits kicked in. Early this morning she excreted whatever she ingested during the birthing process so I'm hoping her appetite will explode in the next few days to keep her puppies even fatter and happier. I can already see their coats get richer in color and density in just 24 hours.

I'll see if I can take close up pics of each of the 3 girls when I go home for lunch today.

Jesse
  • Cograts on the pups. :)

Kurenai is a beautiful shikoku.

I'm glad her pups are doing good.
  • Wait what?!?!?!? Where have I been?

Jesse congrats!!! I adored Kurenai when I met her. She has such a great personality. I bet she's a great momma.
  • Congrats! Can't wait to see more puppy pics :)
  • Congrats! That's a really cute picture, too. Can't wait for more!
  • Congrats Jesse! This is a big step for the Shikoku community, not just in the addition of new blood, but also in the collaborative spirit. Nice to finally see that Shikoku community put the politics aside and come together in a positive way.

----
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats!!
  • Yay, puppies! Shikoku puppies no less! I like the names, too. Matea actually just told me she wanted a dog named Korra. But then she decided that she wanted HER name to be Korra. Then we had to do her hair like Korra. Now I'm pretty sure she forgot about wanting a dog, lol.
  • yay! Congrats! Glad to hear mom and pups are doing well!
  • LOL Heidi,
    I guess it's a good thing she forgot about wanting a dog, poor Rakka's feelings might've been hurt:P

Jesse
  • I'm so excited i can't wait for more pics :D
  • @hondru-- I heart matea!
  • Congrats :)!
  • Congrats again! And we need more pictures lol
  • Aww, little Shikoku pups! Sooooo cute! Mom is gorgeous, btw. These pups will be stunning as adults.