Gear Trade

edited August 2012 in Products & DIY
I searched and couldn't find any posts for gear trades so figured since I have something to trade I'd make a post. Also figured I'd ask here before putting it up on craigslist/fb/ebay.

I have a red second gen Web Master harness in XSmall that is a bit too small, looking to trade up for a second gen Small in any color. It's in perfect condition, only worn for a handful of hikes and it's never been through the water or mud.

Comments

• Oooh...I like those web master harnesses, but I also have an xsmall, and it was great for a puppy, but is too small for Leo now.

Good luck!
  • Argh, if I had a spare small I'd trade, but I use both of mine.
    I saw the title of this thread and thought of this website: http://www.geartrade.com/browse/dog-packs-and-accessories#b
    Not actually a trading site, I don't think, but you could list the harness there if nobody will trade with you.
  • edited August 2012
    I have an extra small... You need to sew a new buckle though... Sasuke chewed through it and I modified it to accept his smeller shiba girth

I also have a small swamp cooler that I'll trade for a medium.
  • @Losech haha no problem, these are seriously awesome harnesses. If it fit I wouldn't part with it either!

@shibamistress yeahhh Tsune grew into his head a lot more than I expected after adopting him and giving him quality muscle building food!

@Zinja To clarify I have the XS and need to trade for a S. Did you adjust the buckle so it was bigger or smaller? I may just end up doing that since its only the neck/chest straps that are too tight.
  • It's basically a size small pack with xs straps. I do not think it'll help you :(
  • @cezieg - I have a Small that I need to trade for a XS (Nola has lost so much weight from being sick, that her Small swallows her up!).

Let me know if you still need the trade!
  • And if cezeig doesn't, Casey, I will make that trade, but obviously he asked first! :)

I'm sad to hear Nola needs the XS though :(
  • @sunyata Ok I'll pm you. I'm sorry that Nola hasn't been feeling too well! :[
    @shibamistress doh sorry haha, this is now a shibamistress trade thread!
  • I wonder if we should have a category for gear trading or selling. I know our dogs outgrow things so quickly.

I also have an xs Halti that's too small for Eevee. I probably need a medium.
  • I have a halti we dont use...I will have to check the size though...
  • edited August 2012
    Since we are talking about Halti's now...
    I've got a size 3 Halti which is too big for both my mixes, so probably appropriate for a dog bigger than 50 pounds, unless they have a majorly long/big muzzle/head. Most likely won't work for any of the medium sized Nihon Ken, maybe a smallish Akita or other breed.
    If anybody wants/need it, let me know!
  • I'll check eevee's size when we go to petco tomorrow. She is 60 lbs
  • I have an XS ruff wear. Kazue has completely outgrown it. Would like to trade for a S.
  • edited December 2012
    I just wanted to give people a heads up!

If anymore bought the new Web Master when it first came out back in May- It's DEFECTIVE and the leash ring will tear though the cloth attachment. I bought ChoCho's harness (which is now completely ripped) back in May and after noticing the problem BackCountryK9.com sent me a replacement and let me keep the one I already had. I recently started using the new on with Goro and I noticed the same problem. I sent out an email to BackCountryK9 last night and within 15 mins of having sent the email they called me up! Talk about good customer service! The guy told me that I was the first person to report the defect back in May and after me more people started calling, which caused Ruffwear to notice and do something about it. It turns out that the leash rings were not being polished correctly and the sharpness of it were ripping the cloth. Since both of the harnesses I was given were defective, they offered to send me another new one (non-defective), while letting me keep the two I already have! I used a carabiner to attach the leash to the back handler on ChoCho's... so it'll be nice to have a new one! :)

Anyways, If anyone bought one of those early harnesses, watch out... That strap WILL RIP! You should get it replaced.

...And BackCountryK9 totally rocks!!

photo
  • Does this include the palisades pack too? I bought mine from backyardk9 in... July?
  • edited December 2012
    @Zinja I think it only applies to the new Web-Master design that came out in the spring. I don't think the Palisades Pack was redesigned.

Oh and BackCountryK9 has nothing to do with the defective items... I just happen to buy it from them. I mentioned them because they have amazing customer service and are happy to help :)

• The Palisade Pack was redesigned last year as well, though I don't know if it also has the defect.
  • It looks like the main harness is of same material. I haven't had a lot of problems with mine though. Eevee walks really well on leash. I wonder what's Ruffwear or K9's return policy for defective items.
  • edited December 2012
    @Zinja Like I said in my comment-They will replace your item for a new one. Or in my case- they will replace it more than once until you get a good product.
  • Woah that's definitely good to know, thanks for letting us know @Hinata23!