pup!

edited August 2012 in Akita (秋田犬)
can't wait to get pup from this male!
Photobucket

Comments

• Ooh, I like his brindle!
  • What a great coat! Maybe its the heat here in the New England, but he's got me dying for some cookies and cream ice cream ;)
  • He's got an awesome coat! Are you on a waiting list for a pup? (Guessing it's not one of your pair since the facial markings are different)

Haha @ashah are you in Mass.? Every time I visit my best friend up there we hit Richardson's Ice Cream where they have the cows in giant bars/fields a few hundred yards behind the ice cream shop. BEST ice cream ever.
  • Mosura is out of this male. I prefer Torano though, but @timkim already knows that haha.
  • cezieg- my friend own this dog and will send me pup end of this year IF my wife approve to have 1 more dog.lol
    this dog's name is Fukuske kou and he is one of the best brindle meiyosho in japan. His offsprings are winning alot of akiho shows and all brindle mania loves this male. will be good addition for U.S if I can bring his son.

claire-yes I know! we both have torano's blood anyways!
  • edited August 2012
    @timkim Who is he breeding Fukusukekou to? Even if the dog is great, if the bitch is inferior or doesn't compliment him well (eg. has the same failings instead of compensating for them), the puppies will not be as great. You can't breed on pedigree alone, and you can't expect quality only knowing one half of the equation.
  • I really like this dog! I hope you get a puppy out of him! Keep us updated.
    How is Tachi and Karin doing? :)
  • poeticdragon - breeding Fukuske to Mori(torano's daughter) also Karin's dam ^^. she proved that she produce pretty good pups. pup will be related to Karin but doesn't matter since I don't really planning to breed with karin. I have enough males to breed with for Karin.

Jellyfart- I will keep you update. Tachi grow alot and he is becoming pretty good. Karin also got wider and she looks strong.
  • My friend just had litter! Pretty White!!!!
    Photobucket
    sire:GOTEN GO FUJITAEN got Tokuyuu 3rd award at 124th Akiho Honbuten SeikenB male class
    Photobucket
    dam:RISA GO AKITA YAMASAKI
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Cute!!!!!
  • around what age did karin start getting wider? Toki is still in a lanky phase, though since he is a year, he has stopped growing upward.

Which puppy are you getting? or are you getting a pup?

i love the stud!
  • hey~
    Karin got wider after 1 year. and keep getting wider. males are different. you will see huge different when he gets around 2.

I was planning to get Fukuske kou pup but didn't happen. Mori is not pregnant. lol

I might going to get white male from this litter if quality is good. need to wait and see till pup gets older. might going to wait till next year.

When are you planning to get another puppy??? ^^
  • Well Karin looks really good! I like how wide her chest is, you're right that it makes her look strong.
    I would love to see what see white pups are going to look like. I don't doubt this is a good litter.

And I'm probably going to get another puppy in a year. I was thinking about getting a puppy from Zuma, Toki's sister. But who knows! I'm keeping my eyes open.
  • Why u want to get related pup? U can get pup from toki.
  • It's not that I want or dont want a related pup, per say. More like I want a pup from Zuma because I think she is a great dog, temperament and as a show dog, and she is right down the road. I guess it is important to me that I get to see the puppy grow up. Though, I would still use Toki as a stud if he was studded to a female who complimented him well genetically, and maybe even keep a puppy if the timing was good. Plus, I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for upcoming litters :)
  • How are the puppies doing? They sure are cute : 3
  • 1 came to L.A and another brindle coming to L.A this weekend.
    rest went to france.

• oh! I didn't make that connection with your other discussion. Sorry : )