couple of questions

edited July 2012 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I heard that Kai is very good at climbing and jumping over things. We have 3 feet chain link fence. I am wondering if Kai can jump over the fence while it chases deers or rabbits and lost his way back home. We have many wild animals in our property. The other question I have is who do you ask to take care of your Kai when you are out of town. Have you experienced any difficulties with kennels or pet sitters?

Comments

• Yes, a Kai Ken can jump over a 3' fence if they are motivated to do so. One of our females can jump/climb a 6' fence, so 3' would def not be a prob at all.

We board our Kai at a boarding facility, they do fine... Tho they are a little strange at first when we get them back, but that passes quickly.
  • Oh yes they can and will! My parents have a Kai that can get over an almost 9 foot fence. My little puppy can do 3 feet easy. She can jump that to the top of she wants to. My male wouldn't care about leaving. But that's just him. He's an oddity.

My Kai go to a woman's home. She's a licensed trainer/certified behaviorist. They do just fine. They usually sleep the day they get back from being so tired. She keeps them quite busy.