Introducing: Eevee and Mochi updated 6/12/13

edited June 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
So, I'm not sure where to put my dog, especially since her breed is ambiguous. She is a rescue that I received 6/15/12. We took her home to test out her personality and we love her! We introduced her to Ninja (AA) and they got along well. So without further ado, let me introduce our newest member: Eevee!

edit: do you know why my photo isn't working? with "<" instead of "["... [img src="url"][/img] what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    She looks like she's settling in well! So glad everything's going well. She's a pretty girl.

eta: You don't need the [/img] after, I don't think. Just < img src="url" >
  • Awww! I am glad they are getting along well! :)
  • She's so pretty!
  • Yay! Congratulations! She looks great!
    I am so happy that she is getting along well with Ninja- that's great news for Eevee and all of you! Way to rescue! :)
  • @hondru I figured it out! The dropbox gives me a weird link when I tried to link to the photo... so I used photobucket.

So what do you guys think? Kai ken or Akita mix?
  • Congrats! She is VERY cute! :o)
  • Am now inclined to think that she is a Kai ken. I'm so glad that the two dogs get along well. She looks very relaxed and happy in the photo. Bet that she feels that she has "come home" at last. Hope everything continues to go well.
  • Great pic! I think she looks wonderful!
  • Kai Ken or not, she is adorable! I love the brindles :)

• Congrats! What a beautiful girl. Im so glad everyone is getting along :)
  • Congrats! She looks like a Kai to me. :) She's way cute!
  • Congrats!!! LOVE her!!!
  • Those are amazing ears. Congrats -- she's lovely, and looks very much at home.
  • Congratulations! She's a very pretty girl. Props to you for rescuing!
  • Congrats! She is cute and looks like Kai to me :).
  • Very cute...I think Kai, imho.
  • I think Kai too. There are a number of Kais in Florida from what I remember three years ago. Her brindle, eyes, and ears are very Kai to me.

As far as size, when she looses some weight, you will be able to tell. My male is 54 pds. thin.
  • She is lovely! And I agree, looks like a Kai! Glad to hear she is getting along with your AA too!
  • She looks Kai-ish enough to me, but I cant tell how big she is. She looks finer-structured than an akita, and kai have bigger ears relative to their head than akita do- like Eevee does.

Kai mixes ARE out there, so could be- and whatever else is in her mix may be making her bigger than a kai. My boy is a kai mix and he is bigger than a kai, and he doesnt really even LOOK like a kai- but his mother does!
  • She is beautiful! I am so happy things are working out :) Congratulations and kudos for giving Eevee a chance, a home and loads of love and attention!
  • edited June 2012
    Here are some more pictures. She's so cute!

BTW, she swims!!!

I don't really have a good photo of Ninja and Eevee together to compare the two sizes. Ninja is 90lbs now. I shot the photos with my phone and shutter speed is fairly slow, which meant a lot of blurred movement.
  • She is looking great! Love the video :) It looks like she has settled right in!!!!
  • Looks like she is doing great and settling in.
  • Shes so friendly! I'm working on her separation anxiety... She gets destructive when we are away.
  • @Zinja Where is this? We're moving back to Florida and we're looking for cool places to take our dog.
  • She's very cute! I love that video, that looks like a fun place to visit.
  • edited June 2012
    We first went to a farmers market. I started packing with her on Tuesday. She only had 1 liter of water and two butternut squashes to carry. She'll get more as she feels more comfortable.

The video was shot in dogwood park in Gainesville, FL. There is also a dogwood park in Jacksonville. We just signed up for the six month membership for $131. A year membership is about $220? for the weekends and $260 for 7 days a week. We had a coupon for $8 admission ($10 normally) and we were able to take her a bath as well. The park also provides wash stations close to the exit that allows you to rinse off your pup before jumping in the car. I'm pretty sure I could bring her shampoo and give her a thorough bath there as well, but I have yet to see anyone do it.

edit: here is a photo of her coat after we bathed her.

• coat looks nice. Might look into getting her a crate for when you are away. Build up the time she spends in the crate and give her special treats when in her crate. Also a cover over the crate often helps. It leaves them feeling more secure, and cuts down on destruction in the house. Mine often go into their crates to sleep even when I am home.
  • @sjp051993 She was only destructive twice. We're building her confidence by leaving her alone longer and longer. So far it's working. We have yet to try the crate but she likes to go on her bed often. We used a crate with Sasuke but I had to bring that along with me every time we went to someone's house. Lugging around a bigger crate would be much more difficult.

We're also going to try some D.A.P and calming liquids. She has a Thundershirt but I have yet to see it provide significant help.
  • Oh wow, that coat is beautiful! Her pattern is really neat looking.