Visit to Castleguard Cane Corso Kennel in Colorado :)

edited June 2012 in Other Breeds
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while, so hopefully a few remember me. Panda my Shikoku female is doing very well. She turned 2yrs on 22-Feb-2012. My time does fly :) Anyways, my husband and I recently visited CastleGuard, which is a Cane Corso Kennel/breeder in Colorado and I wanted to show off a few pics. I'm a little mad at myself for not taking more pics, so this is it.

http://sdrv.ms/KS2fRr

A little back round for why we made the trip. Two years ago when we got Panda, I was planning on getting a Cane Corso puppy as well, but the breeding didn't take, so we didn't end up getting one. I'm happy we didn't get both puppies at once now because my Panda was a little hellion pup. Now that Panda is a pretty well behaved adult I'm tentatively planning on adding a Cane Corso pup to the family . . . maybe in 6 or 7 months. I think Panda will still be young enough to accept another dog into the family. I'm also planning on getting a male because I've heard it's better to have opposite sexes.

Comments

• Aww the pup is cute. Not much of a mastiff fan but they are growing on me lol.
  • Cool! CC pups are soooooooooooooooo cute! :o)
  • Thanks for sharing, Tara.
  • edited June 2012
    I've liked mastiffs ever since I met a few at the vet clinic that I worked at for a while . . . though I never considered getting one until I saw pics and video of your Blue, Brad :P

I've since did a little research on different kennels and breeders and decided on CastleGuard because they do a lot of health tests on their dogs and I think they're dog's temperaments are a little softer than some other lines. A dog with a softer temperament would fit into my family better . . . plus I don't really need a supreme guardian. I think the size and face would be enough to discourage any would be robber/vandal/ etc which is plenty sufficient for me.

p.s. Those puppies were so cute! I really wish I took more pictures. I think everyone was surprised that we didn't come home with a puppy :p
  • Aww! :) They ARE really cute!