UPDATE: Kuma! A few new pics 2/18

edited February 2013 in Akita (秋田犬)
Kuma will be 12 weeks old tomorrow! She is doing so well and I am quite impressed with her willingness and ability to learn so quickly. She is such a sweet girl and I just adore her. She doesn't cause trouble (much lol) and she is super playful and sweet to our little dog (Ellie-Grace is a Miniature Schnauzer). She never plays too rough with her even though it makes me a bit nervous because Kuma is SO big and Ellie-Grace is only 3 pounds lol

She wakes me up to take her outside every morning usually no later than 5:30. She walks wonderfully on the leash and loves to go for walks. She is just such a great girl!

Now without further delay..... PICTURES :)

Untitled

Playing in the pool:
Untitled

Kuma and Ellie-Grace
Untitled

Comments

• Untitled

The pool/water was dirty by this point because she will run out into the yard and then come jump in the pool lol
    Untitled

Untitled

I love this picture! Look closely... Ellie-Grace is under her =)
    Untitled
  • Cute! I like her coloration.
  • Thank you!
  • Very pretty dog I had an Akita named kuma!
  • Thank you, rafatturi!

I loved the name as soon as I saw it!
  • Aw, Kuma is cute! I love the picture of her in the pool.
  • kuma is a doll!!!
  • Sweet! She is very cute!
  • Thanks everyone!!
  • Untitled

This is too cute! I love the puppy stance :)
    Untitled

• Kuma is a nice looking pup!
  • Thank you!
  • Cute pictures.
  • Very nice!
  • Thank you, Saya and musashi!

She is so awesome. She is perfect on the leash and has mastered "sit" and she will "come" about 85% of the time =) Oh and she taught herself to "shake" lol if you put your hand out she will give you her paw. Too cute!
  • More Pictures :)
    She loves the kitchen floor!
    Untitled

Untitled
  • So So Adorable!!!!!
  • Good looking pup. Hoping to have my puppy by the end of the year.
  • What a happy look puppy!
  • Thank you!
  • I did miss this thread! Oh, she is gorgeous! I love the pics of her in her pool! My AA had a pool when he was a pup too, and then the next summer I filled it up and he looked at me like "you don't really expect me to get in that, do you?" Ha! Now he won't get it in it at all, but he loved it as a pup!
  • Thank you, shibamistress! I was hoping she would always like the pool because I just LOVE watching her silly antics when she is in there haha!

That is too funny that your pup basically told you "no way" haha It amazes me how expressive they really are! I can tell exactly what she is up to most of the time simply by her expressions and body language :)

Does your AA like to swim at the lake or anything or does he prefer to lay on the bank?
  • More pictures of Kuma. She is now 14 weeks old. We went on vacation and we stopped by the Dog Beach. It was so much fun and Kuma just loves the water. Also including a few pictures at the park near our house.

This is at the park
    Kuma

At the Dog Beach
    Kuma

She was enjoying this adventure!
    Kuma at the Dog Beach

Going back in for more fun!
    Untitled

We had just arrived at the dog beach and we were gathering toys and towels, etc and she poked her head over the seat as if to say "Hey, don't forget me!!" lol
    Untitled

Hope you all like the pictures!
  • This video was made yesterday. She loves her toys and pool!

• So cute!
  • Cute! I should get my dogs a kiddie pool (we have a "people" pool, but the aren't allowed in.) but the only problem with that is... They'd track water into the house. They are bad with that, they never think to shake off before they come in. They wait until they are in the house to do it.
  • Thank you both!!

@Losech, I keep a towel on the deck (throw it over the rail to dry and replace with a fresh one as needed) and I just dry her off before we go in. It works great and she doesn't mind getting "massaged" with the towel before we come in :)
  • Cutie! Cutie! Cutie!!!
  • edited July 2012
    We went camping this weekend and we hiked, swam, fished, etc. Kuma had a blast and she was just amazing! She loved swimming and exploring the water, she went down the mountain with such enthusiasm and we had a great time!

Kuma heading down the mountain :)
    Untitled

This is her "Hurry up- I'm waiting" expression ;)
    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One of my favorite pictures
    Untitled

Ellie-Grace- Our tiny Miniature Schnauzer
    Untitled

• Kuma is adorable! I love the pic of her poking her head through the pile of cargo in the car haha. I've always loved how fluffy they are, it makes it even more cute when they're soaked through