I introduce Geisha Akiko of Inivruk, aka Akiko

Hi all,

Akiko is my little pearl. It comes from farming Of Inivruk located in France, his mom is C'Kitsune by Wolves Mountain and his father Babu Of Inivruk, she was born on September 18, 2011.

Akiko means daughter of the fall and I think it suits her very well, she was born in autumn and her color is reminiscent of the leaves that carpet the ground at this time of year. She became sesame over time and all these weird changes of colors made us curious, it's a surprise every day for our greatest happiness.

She has a very great character, she's not so stubborn, biting almost never do when she was little and when she nibbled it was extremely gentle, her mom has learned very well bite inhibition, for our pleasure!

She is not afraid of anything, it's a great adventurer who loves to explore the world around her. She is quite affectionate, often puts on the back for that I scratch her and the morning she comes for a hug for my taste but it's not enough! She loves people and especially children, every time she sees one she puts ears like a plane (I don't know the english expression for that ^^) and makes them hugs. With dogs it is a bit reserved, she had some bad experiences with big dogs once she remains prudent. It will be suspicious of a dog that would come a little too abruptly to her.

I socialized her a lot, both in the city for his daily walks or shopping trip at the heart of Paris or in the woods. Since a walk where there were 5 akita and 3 dogs-wolf of Sarloos, that day has really helped a lot and it's much better with other dogs and especially big dogs! At a moment there were twenty dogs and it worked really well, I often put in packs of dogs to inculcate the canine code and it works great.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    And here are some pictures from our first meeting until today:

In her breeder to 1 month:

img_3110

During our visit to the farm, the first time we meet, always a magical moment:

img_9511

img_9610

We are finally at home in Paris, where she soon found his bearings

photo_12

img_3210

img_3310

img_3410

At Christmas with her boyfriend Tenko and other shiba inu

Then to Switzerland for a New Year

img_3610

There she was frankly not reassured the middle of all these big dogs at the end of the ride she was feeling much better

And here at 6 months old

IMG_7418

IMG_7598

AkikoHarnais

She is smiling as always

IMG_7827
  • What a lovely girl she has become!
  • Lovely photos, thank you for sharing them and telling us her tale.
  • Aww, she is cute :).
  • What an adorable shiba!!
  • Thank's to all, she is exactly as I wanted as much character as physical
  • She is a beautiful girl! I love the picture of her in her bed covered with her blankie... so precious!
  • Gorgeous Shiba!
  • Akiko is very cute!
  • so adorable! Thanks for sharing!
  • What kind of dogs are the bigger darker ones with the Akitas?
  • Zinja my guess a Czechoslovakian Vlčák/wolf dog whatever you want to call the breed. Someone I know who owns one uses Vlčák.. either way.

I could be wrong of coarse.

She is a beautiful shiba! Love the puppy pics.
  • En fact it is a wolf-dog of Saarloos, near the Czech wolf-dog but this is not the same crossing at the beginning and not with the same wolf ;) Very beautiful dog !
  • Close enough. hehe

I've read about the Saarloos both are neat looking breeds.
  • Nice call, saya :)
  • Une belle mademoiselle! :) That Julius harness is really neat, do you normally use that for walks or only for hikes or other high activity outings?
  • In fact I bought her to attach a camera but they wasn't not yet managed to fix it well ^ ^

During walk or hikes has a collar and friends told me that their abîmmait behind the front legs during long walks.

Otherwise people who have a shiba a little scared put them this harness in town.
  • Super la présentation d'Akiko comme d'hab ;)

Margaux, you forgot to say that akiko is very good off leash. She has a great recall :D
  • Merci @ladynaoki :)

Yes, Akiko is in fact in leash only in the city. When there is no car like for walks in the woods all the time she is detached. Since I got her at 8 weeks, I let her off leash, at first it wasn't won because she doesn't focus on me at all and she was only thinking explore! Then with exercises and a lot of complicity I rather successful to let her free, even in some pedestrian streets in Paris or late at night in our neighborhood when there are many less cars. When she does not return well enough to call her so I attached the leash 5 min and then releases her. As she prefers to be free she back to the recall :)

It's a real pleasure for me to see her free and run like a fool in the nature!
  • Yes, it's a lovely feeling to see dogs run like that.