How Long Before the Name?

edited June 2012 in Other Breeds
SO... I'm always getting myself into these situations because I'm a one of those dumb bleeding-heart type of people.

A long story short, I took a puppy in.
End-Result: Hey guys :D New puppy, yeah? Yeah?
Bonus: It's a terrier.
Challenge Round: So... about that fourth-dog-NK thing... that's still cool, right, totally-awesome-significant-other-who-loves-me-still, I mean...
Sudden Death: How bad could a 9 pound puppy be, right? That barely counts as a dog ,:D RIGHT?

...oh yeah, except that it's a terrier. But hey, she's super cute. (When she's tired.)
Her dad is APPARENTLY a Patterdale (I was presented with this by my brother as "something called a Patterdale Terrier. I'm sure you know what that is and at least eight lines of history") and her mother is a Miniature Pinscher. I'm not sure why the hell you'd breed that mix and I hope it was an accident (but I somehow doubt it was with the docking and the cropping she's got - why do that to mixes? Then again, someone docked Russell...).

She's really interested in slaying beetles, insects (especially those annoying stinging ones - I think she has a death wish), mighty Russells and Londons, turkey (she saw Russell go after one and I can't get her to stop SCREAMING when she sees one on the way to work now unless there's a bigger bribe), birds, frogs - anything.
All things considered, I'm not disappointed things happened this way, if I'm honest. I was looking to add a third dog - I just thought the third one would be a NK, not the fourth. She fits very well - London adores her and Russell loves that he has a high-energy playmate.

Anyway, because she wasn't actually mine and didn't come to me with a name, she's collected a couple of names along the way and I should probably be embarrassed that one hasn't stuck yet. So far the list includes Little One, Thing 3, Arya (as in, Stark, for anyone who watches GoT), Moxie, Roxy, Pizza, Cat Toy, No Breaks and Puppy.

Arya is probably the one that'll stick (coworkers are fans). Pizza and Thing 3 are close runners though. I figured after this long, she deserves an introduction. Two years on the forum and when I add my first dog since then and it's not even a NK! I've failed you all. :1

Comments

• New puppy is super cute! No idea on the name, I still have yet to actually name one of my dogs. It's always someone else who comes up with names for MY pets... I don't know what's up with that.
  • Arya! Yes, yes! I love the series (but the books even more!) and it is perfect for a terrier! She's cute!

It is kind of funny that now you have another non-NK! You better get one quick before you end up with a totally full house! *lol*
  • She's adorable!!!

& Don't worry, I think I was on the NKF for 2+ years, & my first dog was NOT an NK either! LOL ~
  • The last place is reserved for a Kishu or a Shikoku for sure. I keep dithering between the two for different reasons (Shikoku because of Mura-my-first-love and their population situation, Kishu for health and temperament and KISHU).

I like how, months ago, the idea of a fourth dog for me was "oh hell no" and now it's "let's do this"

I'm very fortunate I can bring my guys to work with me and have plenty of time to run around with them on my days off and great places to do it, I guess. It makes managing them a whole lot easier. I like the high-energy dogs- they keep me going and focused.
  • Awww, she's adorable. She looks just like my boy, and since we found him, sometimes I wonder if he's a mix too (his tail is docked and his ears are cropped too) and he doesn't look like the other min pins I've seen around here (bigger, thicker coat, etc).

And don't worry, I sometimes feel like I want to get a non-NK (specifically a german pinscher) before my first NK. :)
  • Cute pup! I like the name Pizza. :o)
  • adorable pup!!! Congrats on your new addition! :)
  • Aww, what a cutie! I don't blame you for taking her in. I can't say no, either (although Noah is sensible enough to say when enough is enough, lol). I really like Pizza and Thing 3, although I think Thing 3 is a little hard to actually use. I don't know who (what?) Arya is, but it's a nice-sounding name, and I'm all about naming dogs after things that you like.
  • Thanks guys! :D I'm a fan of Pizza, but according to Vance (the SO) we can't ~name~ a dog ~Pizza~. XP

"Thing 3" comes from the sequence - London and Russell were referred to as "Thing 1 & 2" by a work client that thought they looked like trouble. Now it's something we just toss around work sometimes and when my coworkers asked me her name, my first reaction was "I dunno--Thing 3."

Her tan points are really blended with black hairs, not like Min Pins at all (but similar to the Black and Tan Patterdales I've seen). In some pictures, it looks like she has almost no tan, but it shows up in the sun really well.

She's pretty sure she's fit to run with the big dogs. The first day I brought her to work she was the smallest dog in the small/medium yard and immediately started trying to play with this bulldog and a beagle who are known to be the "crazy dogs" of the yard (constantly running around, chasing each other, tackling each other) and I went "AUGH! This tiny puppy is going to be a pancake by the end of my shift! D:" but... boy was I wrong.

@Araks - I sometimes think someone got a hold of a Manchester Terrier and thought it was a Min Pin because--man, she looks so much more like a Manny than a Min Pin. Maybe it's the Patterdale, but they usually have these really blocky heads (but my friend's Patterjack and Patterdale x Springer both have the flat heads she does), so IDK. We also have a Min Pin at work that kind of reminds me of the pictures I've seen of Sevuk. He's huge for a Min Pin and he's very well furred where he almost feels "plushie" --Gun came from a "pet breeder".

• @Crispy Ah, now that I look at her head in that last pic, she totally has a different head. Yeah, we're guessing Sevuk came from a "pet breeder" too. I've met a couple min pins from show lines and Sevuk was huge, stocky, and "plushy" compared to them (they had such thin coats!).
  • Whatever you choose for a name, she is really cute! Congrats on your new addition!