Dallas trainers?

This seems like a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if anyone in the DFW area could recommend a trainer who teaches positive reinforcement?

Comments

• Check this website out, it has a listing of positive reinforcement trainers, some even in Dallas: http://www.trulydogfriendly.com/blog/?page_id=4

• Maybe someone in the DFW Shiba Meetup could recommend a trainer.

http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Shiba-Inus/
  • Hi, I live in Dallas and we took our dog to Dog City Training Center, where they use only positive reinforcement training methods. The trainer's name is Paula Weir and she's great. Here is the info:

Dog City Training Center
    15559 Wright Brothers Drive
    Addison, TX 75001 • 214-506-3282
  • @kbbd83 thanks a bunch! I called them up and I liked everything they had to say. The only thing is that I'll be living in Mansfield in less than a week, so the drive will be pretty far. However, I am willing to drive an hour if it is the best thing for Toki :)

in the meantime, I will be looking for trainers closer to arlington. we will see. I really liked the dog city training center.
  • Not a problem! It's a great facility. I don't travel much outside of my Addison 'bubble' so i don't have much knowledge about Arlington. Glad I could quasi-help though! :)
  • @kbbd83 I ended up going with them! They have exactly everything I am looking for, even though they are a ways. (did google, about 40-45 minutes, which is better than the hour drive i anticipated). Unfortunately, I will be missing one out of the five classes, buuuut seeing as Toki already knows a bunch of commands, I don't think it will hurt him too much. I think in the end, it is worth it. Thanks!!!
  • Will they have "bring me a beer" offered as part of the training course...? He'll ace that one!
  • hehe, this is true. maybe i can convince the trainer to make the class byob, for the sake of Toki's training, of course ;)
  • Good! Paula is also the organizer of a meet up that I belong to. She's cool and really knows her stuff. Have fun!
  • I met her today during orientation. I really like her a lot, her and sharol (I think I am misspelling). I am super excited!! Thanks for the referral, once again :)
    What the is meet up she does? How does that work?