Comments

• edited May 2012
    What the...
  • he looks a lot like baby Sage.
    ...which is neither here nor there, I realize...except that Sage is an NK x bully-type.

It doesnt say if its an intentional or accidental breeding...
  • why would anyone do that.
  • Is this Shikoku from one of the established breeders do you know? Maybe you could forward the picture and link with the city to see if Peggy or Katja recognize her so they can put down some learnin on the idiot that did this. I hope the dog grows up to be manageable. What a horrible combination.
  • This guy gets a Turdie award too.
  • That's disgusting!!!!! It pisses me off.
  • @lindsayt - Or you could. ;o) ... I stepped down as "Chief of the Shikoku Police" years ago.
  • Brad, I thought for a moment there had been a terrible accident at your place! *lol* (not that that made sense, but I hadn't had a lot of coffee yet!)

That's really disgusting. I don't know anything about the forum, but why doesn't someone call him on it on the forum? How did this idiot get a Shikoku anyway?
  • edited May 2012
    agreed!!! All the positive comments on his thread only support this bullshit. Someone needs to call him out.
  • This. What is this. :1
  • Wow....
  • edited May 2012
    What the hell...?

I had remembered seeing that dog combo on youtube before, and since there aren't many shikoku owners around, it had caught my eye.

I think this is their youtube account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/kaypee45

Edit: If it is them, they got him from Katja, and they said he's a Kuma x Sachi pup in this video's comments.
  • What... the... hell...
  • Just be aware that it looks like the poster is not the person who did the actual breeding or owns the parents.
  • I hope Katja gets contacted on this if it's one of their shikoku pups this person breeding like this..

This reason I always worry with some breeders who show and breed different breeds.. I always worry if an accident happens..

I wonder if this breeding was on purpose or accident? The cane corso needs to be fixed so this doesn't happen again..

I used go to the forum, but stopped long time ago.
  • Yep, I thought that combo looked familiar, I was the one asking about them on Youtube. That Shikoku is not even 2yrs old.
  • edited May 2012
    Just posted my question on the thread..

I rarely go to the forum maybe every so often to the food nutrition thing..

I'm already the shiba police kinda might as well take shikoku police part time! haha

I know this isn't the breeder, but still who knows puppy owner might know if it was accidental or on purpose.

Here's the puppy's owner intro the pup is 7 weeks so they got it early..
    http://www.dogforums.com/attention-all-new-members/112367-hello-al-cane-corso.html#post1182337
  • Wow Brad, to be honest at first I thought the worst and this happened in your compound. Just...no words to describe what happened there...

Jesse
  • LOL... @CrimsonO2 and @shibamistress! Blue is neutered, and Loa & Ahi are spayed. No Shikoku pups coming from this house (pure or mixed)!

Plus, you know I'd own up to something like that...

----
  • Oh wow... :-/ I REALLY hope that was an accident...

• ...I hope that was an accident, too. And that the people who have the pup are prepared for raising that particular mix. As I can't imagine that it would be the best mix for the "average pet owner" type, though I've never met a Shikoku or a Cane Corso in person. Still... I imagine it'd be a lot of dog.
  • I'm going to post and recommend they come here for Shikoku information. I figure it doesn't matter how the owner got the puppy, they have the puppy at this point so they should be pointed in the right direction for information. :(

I hope this wasn't on purpose and that the owner/breeder has either already contacted the breeder and done what they can to place the puppies properly and figure out a way this won't happen again or this'll reach a happy resolution. :x
  • People "policing" each other is a form of quality control, and checks and balances and all that jazz. Those who actually have Shikoku and maintain working relationships with those breeders can pass it on to them or not.

Well hopefully who ever bred it will consider putting restrictions about breeding in future contracts. That said people will still get around it and it isn't a guarantee of preventing or discouraging oops litters.
  • @Nicole....I laughed out loud at "might as well be the part time Shikoku police too!" but I'm glad you posted in the thread.

@Brad...Yeah I was pretty sure one or all are altered, but like I said, not much coffee and a momentary confusion! *lol*
  • just unbelievable, why would someone do that?
    I mean, our shikoku Sumi was in heat about a month ago.
    We noticed that our husky was very interested in her, so we kept them separated 24 hours a day
    Or we kept our eyes on them every second when we let her walk for a while in the house.

To me it sounds a bit careless if it wasn't done on purpose.
  • makes me sick to see this.
  • @Reno&;Rico even vigilant people can have accidents. Split and silent heats DO happen. Not that I am supporting this breeding at all, even if its an accident. I probably would have looked into terminating the pregnancy if I were in their shoes.
  • It's an accidental breeding due to the dog sitter not doing good job at watching them.

Ah well hope the puppy owner joins here to get help with any shikoku questions.

I agree accidents do happen I hope the person find homes who are willing to train, socialize the pup and put time into them.

This discussion has been closed.