Hole in skin

I have tried to search this but couldn't find anything. My dog has a hole in her skin, it's about a 1/4 inch round. Its in the extra skin between her body and leg. I am taking her to the vet but I thought I'd ask if this had happened to anyone. I read online that it could be due to a fly? but a dog would be considered an abnormal host.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Dog bite
  • It could be due to a dog bite, possibly from rough housing or an argument. Sometimes if a wound gets infected and the skin traps in the germs during healing, it can cause some sort of cyst or blister that will eventually pop, but I've seen that more in feral cats or animals that have been bitten by wildlife.
  • Foxtail?
  • If it's a bite, take him to the vet (I know you are, but I say this in general), and in fact,in general I'd suggest that, because if something else is in there, it will still need to be taken care of. Dog bites that don't even look bad can go bad really quickly because of they way they pull the skin away from the muscle, then the dogs get pockets of infection, and they have to be drained, etc. I once waited too long and that was a huge mistake.

Let us know what it was when you find out, though, and hope your girl is ok!