Yamabushi no Goro (New pictures 08/18/2014)

edited August 2014 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Like a lot of you know, we not only have the great privilege of owning ChoCho, but also one of Ayu x Akashi's pups! It's almost been three whole days, and Goro (aka El Gordo/Fatty McFatfat) is doing great! And aside from him waking us up the first night at 2:30 AM with howling and crying because he wanted to play, we are doing great, as well LOL! He's loving the yard and all its surprises, especially the grass! We think he might be confused about what species he is, though, because he's started eating lettuce and tearing out huge chunks of the lawn like Jeff's pet tortoise. The tortoise, though, doesn't seem like a big fan of our new addition. After Goro tried pouncing on him a few times, we think the tortoise put him on his hit list hahaha.

What else? Goro loves to tease ChoCho and sleep in her crate with her. He is the biggest fatty I've ever seen! When I'm eating something he barks at me and demands that I give him not just a piece, but ALL OF IT. Last night he tried to run between his and ChoCho's food bowls to eat both at the same time.... A true fatty indeed. Oh, and we LOVE his soft puppy coat. One of the neighbors who came over said it would make a perfect fur scarf LOL. Luckily his personality is super sweet, so I think we'll keep him the way he is, fur and all. Here are some pictures of the little man.

Screen Shot 2012-05-09 at 4.58.26 PM
-This picture gave Tara a heart attack! LOL

IMG_2678
-Loving the grass :)

IMG_2710
-Sharing ChoCho's bed during nap time :)

IMG_2715
-Taking over ChoCho's bed during bed time! She's so sweet and patient with him. Gives up her toys, the chew in her mouth, and her bed :) Love her!

IMG_2721
-Learned from ChoCho to wait by the door for us to come out and play

Screen Shot 2012-05-08 at 9.05.04 PM

-First time playing! :)

Comments

• He's so cute! :o)

He looks like a cross between Ritsu and Akashi to me. He has Ritsu's head-shape and Akashi's face and wide head. It's super cool. I can't wait to see him mature!

----
  • He's such a little man! Akashi and Ritsu are some good looking boys! Good complimant for Goro :) I can't wait for his big boy ears to stand up, through he's pretty cute with the floppy ones.
  • ooohhh he is such an adorable booger!!!!! I just wanna squeeze him! :) ChoCho looks so happy!
  • @ttddinh Thank you! He is super adorable and ChoCho is pretty happy :)
  • He is very cute.
  • He's a cutie! And ChoCho looks great too!
  • OOOHHHH! He is freaking adorable.
  • Too cute, I love how he just takes over ChoCho's crate lol
  • @Calia Yeah... he acts like he owns the place lol Cho is so good about it! :P
  • edited May 2012
    "he's started eating lettuce" So funny!

Saya likes some veggies that have been cooked or grilled, but she isn't fan of raw kinds. hehe

Goro must saw this video and that's where he got the idea! haha

I love his name very neat.
  • edited May 2012
    @saya Thanks! His name is pretty prefect for him! We thought of it at first because in Japanese the onomatopoeia "goro goro goro" is the sound of something fat rolling hahahaha. So it suited him pretty well since he was the fatty of the litter. Then we looked up the actual name Gorō for some kanji and meaning variation and decided to go with Gorō Masamune's (Japan's great's swords-smith) because the kanji for his name (五郎) means "5th son" and which is PREFECT because he's puppy #5! So the name was a winner!! It sounds manly too :)
  • edited May 2012
    @saya, yeah he likes the tortoise' lettuce. I'm sure it's because he see him eating it and Goro always wants what others are eating. lol
  • So cute! Those shiba are funny I offered Saya a thing of cabbage and lettuce once she acted like it was yucky! lol

She prefers her veggies cooked or grilled princess Sai. haha

She once ate raw carrot I dropped which was funny because most times she plays with them or leaves them alone.

I hope see more on Chocho and Goro.
  • edited June 2012
    @saya Those Shibas are way cute! Goro just takes a leaf... I've never seen dogs do that before! I'll try to keep the forum updated :)
  • What an adorable little Kai :) Congratulations on an awesome pup! Can't wait for more spam, his floppy ears are way too cute lol. I hope my Tsune will be an awesome big brother to his (hopefully) future Kai Ken little sister like how ChoCho is to Goro. The Japanese onomatopoeia is hilarious!
  • @cezieg Thanks! ChoCho is a good girl :)
  • @brada1878 - So Goro is the mysterious "Ritsu x Akashi" offspring ;)

Again, congrats! He is adorable!
  • I also like the word "onomatopoeia"... :) and the o's are a smashing deal if you have to buy a vowel.

Ah! look out for the CLANG! propane cylinders.... Goro recovered well from that sound! Good boy! :)
  • @wrylybrindle Yeah, I was pretty surprised that he got up and kept on going after that crash! Lol
  • *CLANG*

that's gonna leave a mark. Good dog to just walk it off like that. Didn't even shake to reset.

Jesse
  • He's a little tank :) Nothing fazes him!
  • He's cute! Congrats :)!
  • Thank you :)
  • Congratulations! Goro is cute!
    Kai puppies need to stop being so cute. It's criminal how cute they are.
  • Thanks!
  • edited May 2012
    IMG_2743

IMG_2744
    -Car ride with the Cho :)

IMG_2725
    -half on, half off lol

IMG_2747
    -This is how he tells us he need to potty: he grabs a bone, bully stick or his favorite toy and cries. He walks out with it in his mouth and holds it while he pees, then walks back in with it. lol Silly little monster ;)
  • Leo loves to hold something in his mouth when he goes out to pee too! That's so funny! And I've been calling him monster more than his name!
  • hahahahahaha Really?! Thats really funny! Yeah, we call Goro monster all the time. His teething has earned him that!
  • Those ears are a hoot. I love the half on half off picture.