ChoCho (Picture Update: 01/05/2014)

edited January 2014 in Shikoku Ken (四国犬)
Hi all! My name is Cecilia. My husband and I were entrusted with the ultra cutie ChoCho about 2 months ago! Sorry I've taken so long to start this up! I've been busy with graduating and life's craziness. I have spoken with a lot of you already either by email or through Facebook as my husband and I struggled with the decision of choosing between a Kai or a Shikoku once we FINALLY arrived at a point where we could get one (after 3 years of waiting). I've kept in touch with Brad and Jen over the years and I guess I must have driven them crazy--or maybe, made a decent enough impression--that they were kind enough to offer us ChoCho. ;) Like many newcomers, I've been kind of a ghost haunting this forum for the past few years--I've done a lot of reading, absorbing, but never commenting hahahaha. Thank you all for all the information you've shared with me even when you didn't realize it! haha! I'll be posting pictures and videos of ChoCho since many of you have expressed a desire to be updated on her status. :)

IMG_2427
-After studying a bunch of ducks at a local park for 3 weeks, ChoCho has decided she wants to eat them. She actually caught one... the collar was not enough to hold her back!

IMG_2340
-My husband's pet tortoise came out of hibernation and ChoCho was very intrigued. Thanks Jen and Brad for teaching her "leave it!" She would be noseless by now otherwise LOL. Now she just needs to learn that when he starts chasing her, he's not playing and she needs to run.......

IMG_2400
-ChoCho's idea of a "walk:" Walking up to the neighbors front lawn, taking their dog's toy, getting comfortable and playing with it! These are her BFFs, Gizmo and Turbo. :)

IMG_2272
-One of her many intense rubs. I have a collection of photos like this! She LOVES to roll around on everything that smells like it might be dead or decaying.

IMG_2201
-Posing in front of the plum blossoms! Not quite sakura, but the closest Utah has to offer!

IMG_2108
-She's deathly scared of Jeff's mom to the point of peeing herself (no idea why...). This is the only way (during the first few weeks) to get her to enter the kitchen with Jeff's mom in it. Love her concerned expression!

IMG_2279
-She loves horses. She dragged me 6 blocks in the snow to see them! I've never been here before. She just followed her nose.

IMG_2245
-Story of my life for the past 2 months! She's getting better, though. She walked up to the yard gate a few times this week. She usually stops and sits 3-6 blocks away from the house. She's smart, but possibly evil....

IMG_2497
-Playing with her favorite toy... a ball in an old sock... lol

IMG_2174

IMG_2431

-At Lowe's being silly :)

Comments

• LOL Silly Shika...they love rolling in anything remotely stinky...or damp! Congratulations on getting ChoCho! She's a pretty girl and she's lucky to have you guys as you must feel lucky to have her!

Jesse
  • Congrats! I'm lovin all the RuffWear gear.
  • Hahaha thanks. We finally got her a normal harness to wear on walks. We had to whip out her hiking gear while it was being shipped. At least we got away with a ton of things cause people thought she was a service dog thanks to the webmaster harness! :)
  • Welcome and congrats :)!
  • Congrats again Cecilia!

Can't wait til you guys get down here! LOL ~
  • Finally, ChoCho gets a re-introduction lol :P
  • Congrats! And it looks like she is doing really well with you guys. :)
  • She is such a beauty.
  • Cho looks great! :o)
  • ChoCho is so cute! Looks like she's got a great new family.

As for driving Brad and Jen crazy, I think everyone's done that at some point. If they don't like it, they should stop being so awesome.
  • Chocho looks so happy! Saya been to lowes a few times she likes getting on top of the mulch she isn't much of a scent roller. lol
  • @hondru That's pretty funny! I don't think they can turn of their awesomeness.
  • Congrats on adding ChoCho to your home! I had the privilege of meeting her when she was just a few months old. She was very sweet.
  • once again, congrats!!! ChoCho is adorabbllee!!!!
  • ChoCho is super cute! Thank you for posting all those photos of her.
  • the video was hilarious!! she would be so content if she could just roll around in everything all day
  • Congratulations on ChoCho! She's a beautiful Shikoku :) Awesome harness too, Tsune's should be here monday, how do you and ChoCho like it?
  • @cezieg Well ChoCho likes it cause she associates it with walks! And I like it because I can just pick her up from the handle if I need her to move on when she's fixated on something or when she sits and doesn't want to move! I just bought her a step-in harness from Rogz (cause the Ruffwear one seemed a little extreme for walks lol) and she seems to feel more comfortable in it of course. She can scratch and lick herself without a problem, whereas with the webmaster I think she felt a bit restricted, but she didnt seem to mind it. We used it for 1+ hour walks, everyday, 3x a day for 2 weeks, so she got to wear it quite a bit. :) I can't wait to finally use it for hiking!

Oh, the cloth thing that's the lease ring is attached to started to tear a bit, so I asked backcountry.com about it and they offered to send me a new one for free! That's was really nice of them! Not sure if it was a problem in the one I bought or the design of the leash ring that's caused it.
  • I use my RuffWear harness for everyday walks, but it's better for Conker if I do that instead of a different one since I can easily grab him and whisk him away from a rude nosy stranger. But if he didn't have that issue (stranger fear), I'd probably walk him with something less heavy-duty. He wears it so often, he never notices it anymore.
    My other two dogs have RuffWear harnesses but they get walked with collars since they've got not problems with people.
  • @losech Yeah, that's exactly what I loved about the webmaster: the ability to just pick her up if I needed to! If I'm taking her to the park, where the ducks are, I definently use the Ruffwear harness. She get intense around the ducks and pulls like crazy...
  • edited September 2012
    Here's a funny video of ChoCho smiling in her sleep LOL

• Can't see the video. Might be FB privacy settings.
  • Thanks! I just made it public. Try now.
  • I can see it now. ChoCho must be dreaming of finally catching those ducks. :-)
  • Chocho is really funny... and now she's got Goro, too. They seem to be a good match, and very happy.
  • ChoCho is Best Bully Stick Featured Dog of the Day!

Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 11.36.50 AM
  • woohoo!!! :)
  • Awesome! Congrats to ChoCho! :)
  • Cool for you, Cho! :)
  • yea!!!