So I have interviewing for jobs, and one of the places is a pet food company.

I naturally have more interest because it is pet related. I would be performing test to make sure the content, like protein, is right if I got the job. One of the benefits is free pet food from the company. Out of the better quality food carried, they have the listed below. Anyone feed any of these foods or have comments? just curious. (they make like a billion other brands these were the specialty foods)

1. Back to Basics
2. Enhance
3. Veterinarian Formulated Complete
4. The Source

I haven't heard of any of these brands and wondered if any of you had?

Comments

• have been interviewing*
  • Back to Basics - 3 stars on Dog Food Analysis
    The other 3 aren't on DFA

Haven't heard of them, haven't tried them but I unno, I don't think I would want to.
  • Yeah I wasn't sure about any of them. Was kind of wondering if any of them would be worth getting. I feed my cat blue and other foods of the same quality. But I have to get those when I go out of town... nearest place to get decent food is 1.5 hours away, so I stock up. I once didn't have the money to go out of town so I got the best looking walmart food I could find... we are back on the good stuff now major coat difference.
  • edited April 2012
    Dog Food Advisor gave Back to Basics five stars.
    Their stuff doesn't look too bad. I might go for it, I would use (or at least test out) some of their products if they were carried here.
  • Either way, you'll learn a lot about pet nutrition.
  • I think Back to Basics was developed by a Mastiff breeder/handler here in Upstate New York. I haven't heard of the others!

Jen
  • Yeah they don't sell it in the stores around here either @losech

@lindsayt Yeah I learned quite a bit from the interview, just them telling me what I would be doing. They showed me around the different lab rooms. Glad I won't be testing for samenella. That room reeked.

@jenz i have no idea who developed it. the company headquarters is in Pennsylvania tho.