NASC Auctions

The North American Shikoku Club will be having several auctions through out the year. This money will not only go towards maintaining the club, but also be used to help preserve the Shikoku breed by importing puppies from Japan. With the importation of puppies, we not only help diversify the genetics of the breed in US and Canada, but it will also encourage the Japanese breeders to maintain their lines due to the interest in their litters. So not only will you be helping the breed and the NASC, you will also get a pretty awesome item in the process.

On this thread I will be posting the link, info and updates of the auctions for all members convenience. These are silent auctions, each bid must be submitted by email to preservation@shikokuclub.org or Facebook/forum message to my personal Facebook account (Beth Bennett) or forum account (calia). At the end of each day, I shall announce the name of the highest bidder and possibly the name of the second highest bidder.

The shipping price for this auction item is $5, which is added to the winning bid.

Auction Terms and Conditions:

-You must be 18yrs or older to bid without parental consent.

-Each bid must contain the bid amount, the bidder’s first and last name, the “name” to announce should they be the highest bidder, and a means of contacting the bidder should there be a need to do so (such as being the winning bidder).

-After the winner has been announced, I shall contact the winner to determine which payment method they would like to go with. Payments can be made through PayPal or with a mailed check, and must include an address to ship to. Payment must be given within a week of the auction closing date. The item will not ship until payment is made.

-If not satisfied with the item, it can be returned for the winning bid amount. Refunds will not be given until the item has been received.

-Most importantly, these auctions are meant to be fun and for a good cause, so let’s try to keep it that way.

Feel free to contact me or comment on this post if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. If you would like to donate items for future auctions, feel free to email preservation@shikokuclub.org with what you would like to donate and for instructions on where to send it.

Comments

• Leash Auction: Ending April 14th 11:59pm [EST]

Here we have a beautiful leash custom made by Pam of Bark And Giggle Boutique. This 6ft leash is made of nylon with a beautiful patterned, cotton fabric sewn around it. It is 1 inch wide and contains a trigger snap clip, perfect for those dogs who manage to escape other clip types. Pictures do not give the leash justice, the craftsmanship and quality are flawless. To see pictures of the leash, visit: http://blog.shikokuclub.org/2012/04/leash-auction-ending-april-14th-1159pm-est/
  • What a great idea, best of luck with the auction! If I had my future female Shikoku (2 years from now most likely) I'd be all over this. I'll link this on some other social groups :)
  • You don't need a Shikoku to participate, these leashes (and future items) are good for most any dog breed. :)
  • Well my Shiba is a boy and so am I, this particular leash is a bit out of our color spectrum haha. I'm definitely looking forward to bidding on future items though!
  • Can't wait to bid!!!

Beth can you let us also know how you're meeting your goals and where the group is with them? Have you raised enough to import a puppy?
  • Are there any specific items or categories that you are looking for to be donated for auction?
  • Beth, I sent an email. Let me know if it got thru.
  • edited April 2012
    The description says that bidding ends March 18th -- may want to fix that.
    I'm sending a message with my bid!
  • I don't really use this kind of leash and both my dogs are male, but I posted the blog post/auction in my breakroom to get it some attention from my coworkers (who have female dogs and like nice things).

I hope the auction goes well!
  • @tjbart17 - I have been posting the progress on the NASC blog (where the auctions are held), and will continue to do so there. Currently we have raised a little under $1500 and are almost there to bring over 1 pup.

@InuRyuu - No specific items or categories for auction donations. The bulk of the items so far have been leashes, but we have a few other items in the works that will be up for auction soon.
  • Current top bidder for the Bark and Giggle leash is M.C.
  • M.C. is still top bidder with Lindsay in second
  • M.C. and Lindsay are tied with Theresa following.
  • Lindsay is in the lead with M.C. following
  • I was afraid Lindsay and I would have to duke it out in a cage match... ;)
  • @curlytails - LOL Can we sell the tickets to watch? [ for the NASC of course ;) ]

Pay Per view style!! ~
  • edited April 2012
    The winner is Lindsay at $35. Stay tuned for future auctions!