grey puppy

Finally found what an ash Hokkaido looks like!

grey white pup

Comments

• Awesome!! Where'd you see these two at?
  • How old are the pups? I wonder if the pup might still lighten up to a red.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh wow! Cute! I'd sure like to see what that one looks like as an adult. And yeah, where'd you see these two?
  • Looks like sesame to me.
  • Cute! Interesting looking pup.
  • Yeah, in that pictures I guess he does look a bit sesame. Here are a few others. The Breeder is definitely saying they are wolf grey pups.
    I didn't see these in person but have been doing a lot of research on Hokkaido dogs recently. I will go up to Hokkaido in a few months and try to visit as many breeders as I can.
    puppy

puppies
  • Cool! They are cute puppies. Will you take notes for us? I'm especially interested in knowing how they do in packs.
  • Sure thing. I have heard so many conflicting comments about these dogs that I really want to do some investigating myself. I still think that the reputation of Nihon ken being aggressive/ nervous ect is due to the lack of socialization by most breeders here.
  • I wonder that also, but I also know there is an inborn element of higher reactivity than other breeds. Lack of socializing certainly compounds that. Can't wait for your assessment!
  • So cute! I love the photo of the puppies in a box. And I second the request for you to take/share notes. :)
  • Oh they are cute.
  • Hokka pups in a box! Bring me that box immediately! :lol: I'd be interested in hearing more about them too--can't wait to hear about your trip up to Hokkaido, and take lots of pics!
  • Hi everyone, and sorry for not writing more here...

I agree with Jeffnkazuko. Hokkaido just need a good socialization in early life. I got 4 Hokkaido, from different countries and differents lines.
    Hokkaido is a wonderful dog with a good education.

I practice Agility with my last one... with quite sucess !
  • I agree good socialization is really important for Nihon ken.

Hokkaido is one breed I'd love to own one day.
  • They can just tape up that box and send them here. ;o)
  • Brad, are you sure you don't want any?
  • I'm 75% sure. ;o)
  • LoL, you guys can have the box, I'll take the puppies :P
  • *lol* Good one, Beth!
  • Well I need to take a trip to Bangkok in June before my Hokkaido trip. I don't think I will see any Thai Ridgebacks but am sure I can give you a report on Thailand's infamous soi dogs!
  • I saw a couple of dogs that looked like Thai Ridgebacks or at least mixes on Ko Samui. They were pretty cool dogs, running along the beach.

And of course, plenty of soi dogs in Bangkok!